First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Either get the taser or just learn to put up with it. It won’t go away. inflating it over as some have suggested might make it go away for a while but it’s not a foolproof method. If your temp swings are drastic, as they are here in southern NM, it’s going to come back eventually. As mine did.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Either get the taser or just learn to put up with it. It won’t go away. inflating it over as some have suggested might make it go away for a while but it’s not a foolproof method. If your temp swings are drastic, as they are here in southern NM, it’s going to come back eventually. As mine did.
Well in my situation it was triggered when I went to the beach 2 weeks ago at 15 PSI (no issue before that)...Generally, I like to run them 33-35 cold so I should be able to stay above the 29 psi trigger (now that I know what it is)...Of course as seasons change I either add or subtract as needed to keep it there...Simple fix now that Nacho and JT1 clarified how the algorithm works.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all about liability. A strong case can be made for backup cameras. Nearly all of us have backed up a little too far and given a "love tap" to something behind us. No big deal if insurance doesn't get involved. It becomes a real big deal when you hit a child you don't see.
Once you own a vehicle with sonar based "beepers" you will realize that a backup camera is unnecessary.

The "beeper" is better because you can hear it and judge distances while still looking at your mirrors.

The car I owned since 2012 had sonar on the front and back. My Jeep has it. I never use the backup camera other than to look at the floor to see that I'm pulled into the garage far enough for the door to clear.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
Once you own a vehicle with sonar based "beepers" you will realize that a backup camera is unnecessary.

The "beeper" is better because you can hear it and judge distances while still looking at your mirrors.

The car I owned since 2012 had sonar on the front and back. My Jeep has it. I never use the backup camera other than to look at the floor to see that I'm pulled into the garage far enough for the door to clear.
I do like the camera for the finishing touch on a parking job. Sonar is helpful too, if a bit annoying.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Get a Tazer

The TPMS system has many more positives than negatives at the end of the day

Ever aired down for a trail before?

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Sorry double post*

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Well in my situation it was triggered when I went to the beach 2 weeks ago at 15 PSI (no issue before that)...Generally, I like to run them 33-35 cold so I should be able to stay above the 29 psi trigger (now that I know what it is)...Of course as seasons change I either add or subtract as needed to keep it there...Simple fix now that Nacho and JT1 clarified how the algorithm works.
29? On my truck the factory setting is 37 PSI.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
29? On my truck the factory setting is 37 PSI.
To be clear, I said according to a poster above, the Low pressure alarm kicks off at 29#, I didn't say I run my Mo at that. Yes 37 is the factory spec. Two different items.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
As mentioned previously, you may have to inflate the tires ABOVE the recommended pressures to get the light and warning to clear.
We found this out the very first time we aired back up on the end of a trail.
37 and the light stayed on.
Had to go to something like 42 to clear and then I could air back down to my usual 34 with no issues.

PAGE 318

Jeep Gladiator Nanny-State Tire Pressure warnings TPMS

And the ECRI does the same as the Tazer, just for less $$.

https://instructions.ecri.app/#slide=1

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As mentioned previously, you may have to inflate the tires ABOVE the recommended pressures to get the light and warning to clear.
We found this out the very first time we aired back up on the end of a trail.
37 and the light stayed on.
Had to go to something like 42 to clear and then I could air back down to my usual 34 with no issues.

PAGE 318

Jeep Gladiator Nanny-State Tire Pressure warnings TPMS

And the ECRI does the same as the Tazer, just for less $$.

https://instructions.ecri.app/#slide=1
42!, wow, wha'samadder with these Nanny's these days? 😉 How long did you have to stay at 42 for it to clear (in time/or miles)?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Tupacshakur

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
Interesting thread, an excellent example of one man’s trash is another’s treasure. Since my driving focus for the past 55 years or so has been going fast, intentionally wanting to drive with under pressurized tires Is a completely foreign concept. And as a result, I view TPMS as the automotive “sliced bread” achievement not just for the sheer convenience of not having to manually monitor tire pressures every time I want to use my car, but also but to have real time tire monitoring.

I gather Jscan and Tazer are OBD tools. Are these a standalone tool, or PC software with an OBD gateway like Porsche’s PIWIS 3?

hank
Sponsored