First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Just got a limited time offer to upgrade the nav database on my 2021 JT for $99 and free shipping. Just curious if anyone has done this? Not sure it’s really worth it after one year of ownership, especially when I can pair my iPhone with Apple Maps to get turn by turn navigation. And am I wrong to assume that the Apple map database is continuously updated for free? Side note, I have noticed that the Jeep navigation road database has been inaccurate on a few routes that I have navigated to….wrong or missing roads.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
no one else can tell you how to spend your money and what is and is not worth it for you. But if you're looking for a general consensus, here's my contribution: android auto never goes out of date, and I'm never in my truck without my phone and a charging cable (love that the USB in the center console is AA/ACP enabled).

is $100 a year too much to keep a 40-60k truck up to date? Not at all, but considering the "free" alternative in your pocket? no thanks for me.

OP
OP
peterpilot379

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Appreciate your input. I agree with you. Why pay for something at any price when you get it for free through your phone and that translates to the nav screen display? I’m sure there are a few times when the physical Jeep database is useful, no cellphone coverage or simply no cell phone in hand.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The Jeep NAV is nice, and makes a good backup for your phone. The map update also includes a Uconnect software update. I did the $99 upgrade last August. I had my Overland two years, at that point, and figured the update was worth it.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Just got a limited time offer to upgrade the nav database on my 2021 JT for $99 and free shipping. Just curious if anyone has done this? Not sure it’s really worth it after one year of ownership, especially when I can pair my iPhone with Apple Maps to get turn by turn navigation. And am I wrong to assume that the Apple map database is continuously updated for free? Side note, I have noticed that the Jeep navigation road database has been inaccurate on a few routes that I have navigated to….wrong or missing roads.
Here are other threads from individuals like yourself...
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/navigation-map-update.47628/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/is-uconnect-map-upgrade-worth-it.55782/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...navigation-map-upgrade-2021v3-aso-39-6.53797/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/fca-group-navigation-system-really.50179/

I'm still waiting on my email...

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The sale price should be available to everyone. The email just lets you know they are having a sale.

OP
OP
peterpilot379

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
I haven't been impressed with the jeep nav and would not pay to update it.
Oddly its based on Garmin, but somehow works much worse than any of my Garmin devices do.

When I need reliable on road navigation.....its google maps through android auto.
When I want off-road stuff/tracks, its Gaia through android auto.
Sponsored