Need a simple lift kit suggestions!

Oshack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I feel like I've read a thousand threads, and I keep going back and forth of which route to take. I want to be able to have a clean leveled look and 35s/315s. I don't drive often, but I still want to be able to have an enjoyable ride if me and the wife have a road trip to the beach or mountains. I'll occasionally throughout the year find a dirt path, but I don't do anything crazy like rock crawling (feel like there's not much in SC anyways). I don't believe the amount of driving and off-roading I do warrants an expensive kit. So...here's some options I've thought about.

Would a rubi suspension take offs and a teraflex spacer kit be a good budget route that's still comfortable?
or
Is the rough country 2.5 inch suspension lift (springs/shock included) be decent?
or
Maybe just a terflex spacer kit is enough!

Anything helps...Thanks!
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I did the Rough Country 2.5” spacer lift with shock extensions and the Daystar 3/4” rear spacer. I kept my stock Willys springs but swapped out the Willys red shocks for Rubicon shocks. Less than $400 into this set up and I am quite pleased. Rides better than stock IMO. The Rubicon shocks made a big difference. Pics attached for reference.
Jeep Gladiator Need a simple lift kit suggestions! BBD8CC99-C9F7-47CE-BC01-8A8403996484

Jeep Gladiator Need a simple lift kit suggestions! DDD5226A-4738-4715-AB89-682A954251A2

Jeep Gladiator Need a simple lift kit suggestions! 6824CA11-769F-4B9B-A1F9-6F171BF442A0

9A3E707B-81E7-401E-8CF0-66C550713D67.jpeg

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I did the Rubi Springs and Shocks with a spacer up front and have been pleased (bad Pic)
Jeep Gladiator Need a simple lift kit suggestions! lift

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The first thing to take into consideration is that the lifts are measured from the height that will be gained on a Rubicon. A Rubicon is already 1-1.5" higher than every other JT save for Mojaves. That being said, a 2.5" lift on your non-Rubicon will actually be a 3.5" lift.

The Rubicon take-off isn't a bad idea, especially if you're going to use a spacer along with it. Just know that you'll be at the limit of the control arms as far as geometry. You will, however, be able to clear the 315's. For the JT's, there are leveling kits available that would also clear those tires. Rock Krawler makes a kit that's under $1k that swaps the springs, the front control arms and the track bar. Rancho and Skyjacker also make 1.5-2" kits that I think would be perfect for what you're looking for. One of the guys I run with swears by Skyjacker's dual rate springs. He has experimented with just about every lift combination out there and has 5.5" of lift on 40's. I've run the Rancho Sport lift with RS5000 shocks on prior Jeeps and have been very happy, they ride better than stock and I would get about 2" in the front and .5-1" in the rear.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
I feel like I've read a thousand threads, and I keep going back and forth of which route to take. I want to be able to have a clean leveled look and 35s/315s. I don't drive often, but I still want to be able to have an enjoyable ride if me and the wife have a road trip to the beach or mountains. I'll occasionally throughout the year find a dirt path, but I don't do anything crazy like rock crawling (feel like there's not much in SC anyways). I don't believe the amount of driving and off-roading I do warrants an expensive kit. So...here's some options I've thought about.

Would a rubi suspension take offs and a teraflex spacer kit be a good budget route that's still comfortable?
or
Is the rough country 2.5 inch suspension lift (springs/shock included) be decent?
or
Maybe just a terflex spacer kit is enough!

Anything helps...Thanks!
I'd go with the RC kit, if it were me. I have the 3.5" RC kit on my Rubi, and It rides better than my stock Rubi set up did.

Sponsored

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
I’m in the same situation as Oshack .
With the narrower axles is it safe to say new rims are required to change the offset/backspacing to prevent rubbing?

OP
OP
Oshack

Oshack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I'd go with the RC kit, if it were me. I have the 3.5" RC kit on my Rubi, and It rides better than my stock Rubi set up did.
Do you just go with the standard N3 shocks?
I’m probably going to be at about the same price if I do rubi take off and the teraflex. I feel like the longer springs and shocks would be better than adding a spacer, I’m just concerned about rough country.

Can I run stock wheels on the 315s?

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Do you just go with the standard N3 shocks?
I’m probably going to be at about the same price if I do rubi take off and the teraflex. I feel like the longer springs and shocks would be better than adding a spacer, I’m just concerned about rough country.

Can I run stock wheels on the 315s?
I have the N3 shocks, and this is the second vehicle I've had with their set up. I'm similar to you, in the fact that I don't do serious crawling, more driving in the woods kind of stuff. I've heard a couple of people say that they are "concerned" about RC products, yet no one has ever told me why. It's always been "I heard they're not as good as some of the others...." I had a buddy tell me the exact same thing when he asked what kind of lift I was running. I rolled the dice, and have been very happy. They typically have a shit ton of great reviews, and their customer service has been top notch for me, anytime I called to ask a question, change an order, etc.

As far as tires and the stock wheels go, I don't know the answer to that- I have aftermarket wheels and run 37s.
Sponsored