Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I picked up a 2022 EcoD overland. I traded in my Sport S with the max tow for it which I didn't really want to begin with.this is my 3rd Gladiator now and I would still be on my first which was a diesel if it didn't get totaled. However, this past weekend I towed my 31' starcraft to NC and back and averaged 13.7 on the way there (I used cruise for a while) and 15.1 on the way back (no cruise.) With the gasser I usually got in the mid 6's towing that same trailer. Anyways, I'll post some pic now. Yes... they are both firecracker Red. My wife chose the color. The pic with the camper was the gasser,yes it said it was a willys on the hood. My wife like the Willys So I acquired the willys parts. I also like the leather interior.

PXL_20220911_192806050.jpg

PXL_20220912_233031284.jpg

PXL_20211120_124246018.MP.jpg
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
what camper is it? weight?

Any pics of it with the camper on the tongue?

I have a 2020 JTmt and have been keeping my eyes on the diesels. At some point I may look to trade for one. Im just so leery since the suspension seems weak AF and they have no cargo capacity.

My camper is about 6,000 loaded and I averaged 9.5mpg on my last trip through the Poconos. So really not a huge difference in mpg.

OP
OP

Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
In the pic with it behind my gasser it is hitched, the stabilizers were down because I was moving the slide out to clean. They are touching the ground and that's it. It is a starcraft autumn Ridge 26BHS

I have a weight ticket somewhere where I took it to the scales behind the gasser shortly after that pic and it was 5700# or so. It sits about the same behind the diesel. I'll hitch it and grab some pics later this week. I might have time to run to the scales and get a weight ticket as well.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Congrats on staying part of the cool kids JT club.

Interesting to me, that's a heavy trailer and right at what Jeep states as the limit for the diesel. Any issues with the oil temperature?

OP
OP

Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
I read all 58 pages of the cooling options thread... I was concerned about it and even tried to get it to derate, but no. No issues at all. Oil temp never got over 245. When I stopped for fuel I shut it off immediately and getting back on the interstate I pinned the throttle. Maybe I was lucky somehow??? Not sure. However, I am (not so) patiently waiting for a better radiator. I am also getting the GDE tune soon and it is stock, for now. I am currently planning metal cloak fenders and 37's and probably motobilt bumpers. We will see after that if it makes a difference. Though, it towed the whole way in 8th gear and there aren't any real hills between FL and NC.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
Found the pic of the weight ticket. This was the gasser. The camper was loaded with all our gear, full propane, and I found out later the water tank had an unknown amount of water in it.

16375272980386071029712098152295.jpg

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I read all 58 pages of the cooling options thread... I was concerned about it and even tried to get it to derate, but no. No issues at all. Oil temp never got over 245. When I stopped for fuel I shut it off immediately and getting back on the interstate I pinned the throttle. Maybe I was lucky somehow??? Not sure. However, I am (not so) patiently waiting for a better radiator. I am also getting the GDE tune soon and it is stock, for now. I am currently planning metal cloak fenders and 37's and probably motobilt bumpers. We will see after that if it makes a difference. Though, it towed the whole way in 8th gear and there aren't any real hills between FL and NC.
I haven’t quite seen the derate either. I’ve seen temps in the 260’s and slowed down from 75-80mph to 60-65 and it was within its limits on 100 degree day. My boat however is nowhere near as big (frontal area) or as heavy as your travel trailer though. I am also on 37’s with a lift so I didn’t do the motor any favors.

OP
OP

Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
I normally tow that at a solid 65 anyways, except when passing. The tires are rated at 67 mph, so I try not to exceed that. Maybe it is the hills that are doing it? By hills I mean the mount passes from out West.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
whats the payload capability on the diesel overland? I feel like all I ever see are diesel rubicons

OP
OP

Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
According to the sticker, 1261#

Sponsored

OP
OP

Curtjeep

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD Overland
Thanks

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I normally tow that at a solid 65 anyways, except when passing. The tires are rated at 67 mph, so I try not to exceed that. Maybe it is the hills that are doing it? By hills I mean the mount passes from out West.
Oh yeah we have quite a few of those.

whats the payload capability on the diesel overland? I feel like all I ever see are diesel rubicons
According to the sticker, 1261#
Not bad, mine is just over 1,000lbs.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Not bad, mine is just over 1,000lbs.
saddly I use most of my max tow payload with the entire family and the camper. I really wish the diesels had more payload.
Sponsored