Sponsored

THE SANDALORIAN

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Quick follow up to my previous install post. Received my replacement headlight very quickly. The customer service and RMA process were both fantastic!! If you end up having an issue, you should feel confident that the issue will be resolved quickly and correctly. The new lights look killer and are a nice upgrade over the stock LEDs. The turn signal functionality is awesome! Amber DRLs really set the Jeep apart from the masses.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 20230311_140554

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 20230311_140754

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 20230311_140908
Sponsored

Chaos Theory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Had my Elite max put on Friday. Had to wait for the Taser to arrive Saturday to switch over the LED setting, but seem to be working well.
Getting my Elite Max installed tomorrow... I've had DD headlights in my Colorado for 6 years and they're absolutely amazing. I expect these to be even better.

Huge fan of this company.

So not quite plug 'n play... It's a significant install for the Elite maxes and they were acting wonky due to the halogen factory setup. Luckily my Taser arrived the next day and the LED setting was toggled. They seem to be working fine since but haven't had much time to do other testing. I plan on doing a detailed review after a few months' use.

Evan_Nemesis_J

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I have the non-Max version, and out of curiosity what do I do with the auxiliary tap wire which is labeled as "E" on the install guide? Do I just leave it alone and not touch it at all? What are the non-Max folks doing? Thanks!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
I have the non-Max version, and out of curiosity what do I do with the auxiliary tap wire which is labeled as "E" on the install guide? Do I just leave it alone and not touch it at all? What are the non-Max folks doing? Thanks!
That is correct! The auxiliary harness is for the offroad lighting, which is only featured on the Elite Max.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1678898825752

Sponsored

Evan_Nemesis_J

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Finally got the chance to install the DD Elite yesterday. I wanted to wait until I received the anti-flicker adapters first. These headlights look absolutely beautiful.

The install was not bad. Driver side quick and easy. Passenger side, peel the fender liners down and it'll be pretty quick and easy as well.

A few things to nitpick on. The plug wires are definitely pinched against the intake box. I had to loosen the 2 bolts and kept it a little loose, so hopefully no problems will arise in the future. The fuse wire seems pretty pinched under the cover as well, but hopefully it'll be ok. The anti-flicker adapters they sent were bulky.

You can tell these lights are high quality stuff the second you turn it on!!!
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics PXL_20230317_225350006~2
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics PXL_20230318_174446546~2
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics PXL_20230318_174439228~2

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I finally had some time to get my max headlights installed...

Very pleased overall, they look great.

If I had to complain about something it would be the aiming adjustment; that's a pain...

One thing I was surprised about is that the DRL works without the wire being hooked up. I have a halogen equipped truck and even though I have everything set to led I thought I'd still need to connect that wire..

I think the only thing I don't seem to have working is the welcome sequence. I've run through the configuration several times and I just get the 2 flashes when I unlock.
Not a big deal, but I would like to figure that out.

I'm all DD now, other than some of the factory bulbs.

Ss3 pro fogs, ss3 max bumper lights, ss1 scenes and reverse lights.

20230403_172242.jpg

20230403_171849.jpg

20230403_171746.jpg

20230402_164925.jpg

20230403_172110.jpg

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales

If I had to complain about something it would be the aiming adjustment; that's a pain...

One thing I was surprised about is that the DRL works without the wire being hooked up. I have a halogen equipped truck and even though I have everything set to led I thought I'd still need to connect that wire..

I think the only thing I don't seem to have working is the welcome sequence. I've run through the configuration several times and I just get the 2 flashes when I unlock.

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 20230403_172110

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 20230403_172110

Not to sidetrack the thread, but I sorta like the bumper with the crash tubes removed....Sick setup w/ the lights, just need them to drop some slim fitting brake housings and we're set.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Not to sidetrack the thread, but I sorta like the bumper with the crash tubes removed....Sick setup w/ the lights, just need them to drop some slim fitting brake housings and we're set.
It funny, I haven't put them in because I need to pull the bumper back off to finish the winch install and readjust the fogs, but I've actually been getting used to not having them installed.
I was debating about trying to make something like a thin trim ring to cover the holes and make it a bit more finished but we'll see..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro

20230403_172242.jpg

20230403_171849.jpg

20230403_171746.jpg

20230402_164925.jpg

20230403_172110.jpg
Good morning, Zion!

We apologize for the late response to your thread. Your Gladiator is looking awesome decked out in Stage Series LED lighting from our team here at Diode Dynamics. We truly appreciate your support!

As for any troubleshooting, please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you.

Last edited:

rconkin

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Chemical Operator
Iā€™ve had mine installed for a little over 2 months and absolutely love them. I would definitely recommend them. Much better than the LED bulbs I had in halogen housings. Aiming is a little tight but doable. Iā€™ve not been flashed by anyone so I must have them aimed too low. šŸ˜† Only thing I donā€™t understand is the purpose of the tap a fuse wire. Mines not hooked up and everything works including show mode. Iā€™ve seen different answers on here about this.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Iā€™ve had mine installed for a little over 2 months and absolutely love them. I would definitely recommend them. Much better than the LED bulbs I had in halogen housings. Aiming is a little tight but doable. Iā€™ve not been flashed by anyone so I must have them aimed too low. šŸ˜† Only thing I donā€™t understand is the purpose of the tap a fuse wire. Mines not hooked up and everything works including show mode. Iā€™ve seen different answers on here about this.
Mine are a bit low still, I need to get back in and adjust them a bit more..

I have the same "issue" with the fuse tap. I had mine temporarily hooked up to my spod and one day forgot to turn it on. I realized my DRL were still working though.

I have a factory halogen truck as well.

As far as I can tell that Fuse tap is only for the DRL, but I think if you have all the right options enabled with a taser or jscan you don't need that Fuse tap for the DRL...

The only thing that isn't working for me is the welcome sequence and that is a separate issue as that Fuse tap is not live when you hit the remote unlock..

THE SANDALORIAN

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Pretty sure the fuse tap is for "Off-road Mode" which turns on a massive amount of bright light you wouldn't use in normal day to day use. At least, that's what mine does.

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Now that these have been out for a little, anyone noticing snow buildup more/less than the standard LEDā€™s?
Sponsored