First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I’ve got a great route picked out for my JT’s first voyage, also thanks to the fine people on this forum.
That sounds like a really good time. I’ll be driving back from VA to NH so not quite as majestic.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I'm in Arlington. I went to Gupton in TN and got 6% under invoice. The flight will be between $100 and $200. Gas will run about $180 back 1100 miles. My price is almost $6000 off MSRP

If that is too Far for you Chapman Motors near Phili is giving 4% off. I would have gone through Chapman (300 miles from Phili to Boston) except I wanted to stop at some Bourbon distilleries with my dad in Louisville on th3e way home.

8 months ago Brigham Gill in Framingham was giving $5500 off on the Jeep I wanted. They are now selling for MSRP.

Lawless in Woburn is adding $2000 ADM.

Chapman in Phili is only 300 miles and they do sell to Massholes like us. I had a reservation on a Bronco with Tom Borah. He's easy to deal with and I believe he is a site sponsor here.

Do realize that MA makes it difficult too register an out of state car here.

Maybe someone who has bought from Gupton from MA can provide details. I own property in CT so if I have too much trouble I'll register it in CT first to get it titled then register it in MA. Both Gupton and Chapman will send you down the road on a 30 day temp. So you have plenty of time to sort things out.

It could be a hassle. But for almost $6000 savings? I'll take the hassle.
Curious have you registered a vehicle in CT before, assuming your primary residence and where you file taxes is MA. I looked into it for ME and was told it couldn’t be done unless my residence was ME despite being a tax payer in ME.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
The discount is that significant? Wish I could just order on the phone and not have to go there.
I ordered and paid the $1000 deposit on the phone. Only time I will need to go to Tennessee is to pick the vehicle up..... You could prob even pay a 3rd party to ship from the dealership to you. But I would rather see where my $ is going first.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just reached out but they don’t sell to MA residents apparently.
I
Curious have you registered a vehicle in CT before, assuming your primary residence and where you file taxes is MA. I looked into it for ME and was told it couldn’t be done unless my residence was ME despite being a tax payer in ME.
Its interesting, different states run things very differently.

A friend with a home in NH tried to register a new car there because there is no sales tax in NH. They won't let him register a car there unless his primary residence is in NH. Even though he spends 60 days per year there and the car is going to be GARAGED IN NH.

CT towns tax cars as real property. So they would be thrilled to have you register your car there even if its never there and you aren't a resident.

Most towns tax cars at a rate of between 20 and 60 mills. So on a $50,000 truck that's a tax bill of $500 to $1500 per year. So yes CT is happy to register just about anything because you will PAY in taxes.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Gupton sends you a package with everything you need to register in MA. I haven't done it yet as my Tennessee temp tags still have some time on them, but it looks pretty straight forward. They even calculate MA sales tax and roll it into the loan, then give you a check for that amount. They REALLY have this stuff down.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gupton sends you a package with everything you need to register in MA. I haven't done it yet as my Tennessee temp tags still have some time on them, but it looks pretty straight forward. They even calculate MA sales tax and roll it into the loan, then give you a check for that amount. They REALLY have this stuff down.
I would check that you are actually registered and insured if you are in MA as they do allow temp tags from other states if you are a MA resident.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I would check that you are actually registered and insured if you are in MA as they do allow temp tags from other states if you are a MA resident.
Definitely registered and definitely insured. Gupton gives you a registration.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Chapman in pa is 5% under invoice now.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely registered and definitely insured. Gupton gives you a registration.
I had meant to say MA does not allow temp tags for MA residents. I would just check with your insurance agent on how you can have an out of state temp tag being a MA resident.

erg801

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Chapman is no deposit required either.

In terms of buying out of state, I purchased my wife's car from Delaware and the dealer handled all MA registration requirements. I drove on temp tags for 30 days until the plates showed up. No issues on my end and was a great experience.

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I had meant to say MA does not allow temp tags for MA residents. I would just check with your insurance agent on how you can have an out of state temp tag being a MA resident.
Ah, I see what you are saying. Yes, there are some legal grey areas, but a cop would have to be an incredible douche to give me a hard time over having a vehicle registered in TN with TN plates while I am a MA resident. Not to say it won't happen, but the cops in my town seem a pretty decent bunch. Hopefully between my white privilege and veteran status they leave me alone, lol.

Reactions: Mac

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
If you don't want to travel, you should be able to get 1% below invoice with the Tread Lightly discount closer to home.

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Hello all, new to forum.

I sold my wrangler and have everything ready to order 2022 gladiator high altitude. Easy right? Well, not so much. I’ve been having a hard time with the dealerships to get anything off MSRP. Is this just the current state of dealers now with a shortage? Anyone have good luck in the north shore areas of MA recently? I’m trying to get a good deal, but no one seems interested in negotiating at all ( and I’m pre approved With a sizeable down payment).
Any help or referrals would be welcome.
I live south of Boston, I've contacted just about every dealership in mass. Raynham 44 jeep/dodge quoted me 200 bucks under invoice. Best I got. As this forum suggested the PA dealer http://www.chapmannewcars.com/ gave me 5% under invoice so I ordered there. I added an option and I'm still saving almost 2k

I literally had a dealership in NH offer me 500 under MSRP and said it's just as good as the PA because I don't have to drive....

I still have my Raynham jeep order pending and I put in for the PA.

OP
OP

Viper112

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Occupation
Police
I live south of Boston, I've contacted just about every dealership in mass. Raynham 44 jeep/dodge quoted me 200 bucks under invoice. Best I got. As this forum suggested the PA dealer http://www.chapmannewcars.com/ gave me 5% under invoice so I ordered there. I added an option and I'm still saving almost 2k

I literally had a dealership in NH offer me 500 under MSRP and said it's just as good as the PA because I don't have to drive....

I still have my Raynham jeep order pending and I put in for the PA.
I ended up ordering from Chapman for 5% below. Raynham told me 500 over invoice, and stuck to that. I would have worked with them but they seemed unwilling. 5% under is too big of a discount.

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I ended up ordering from Chapman for 5% below. Raynham told me 500 over invoice, and stuck to that. I would have worked with them but they seemed unwilling. 5% under is too big of a discount.
Raynham first gave me that same price, but I got a better offer from Jeep Central in Norwood (same ownership as Raynham) for 100 under invoice. I brought that offer to Raynham and that's when they did 200 under. So you could try Norwood, but they won't get close to Chapman price. I also physically went to the Raynham dealer asking them to match it. Chapman is BY FAR the best deal for anyone in NE.

I still have both the Raynham and the Chapman on order. Unfortunately I'll probably be going with Raynham as I'm worried my current Jeep will be low balled elsewhere. It's got a lemon on the title and not worth what I was hoping, but I already know what Raynham will give me.

If you end up rather doing the 200 under invoice and not drive out of state let me know, I'll hook you up with my salesman, but Chapman is definitely a steal, especially in this market.
Sponsored