Sponsored

New England international auto show next for the gladiator?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Did it smell like play doh:cwl: There is no way any of the JT is made of clay:headbang:

Thanks for the photos. I am getting very excited to see the JT come Monday morning at Detroit.

I will also post some pic or video.

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Did it smell like play doh:cwl: There is no way any of the JT is made of clay:headbang:

Thanks for the photos. I am getting very excited to see the JT come Monday morning at Detroit.

I will also post some pic or video.
She said parts of it were not the whole thing. Maybe interior parts. You could touch every JL there but not the JT

Sponsored

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Do you really believe that parts of that JT are made of clay?
Dude are you really trying to be a jerk?

I figured I’d be nice and post pictures for everyone.

The FCA rep claimed that it was the prototype and that parts of it are clay.

Do I know that for sure? No, I simply wrote what I was told. Being condescending like that isn’t called for.

I’m a member of the JL forum, I have a JL, had some interest in the JT and figured because I follow the posts here I’d be cool and post the pictures everyone was asking about... I guess I probably shouldn’t have bothered

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Dude are you really trying to be a jerk?

I figured I’d be nice and post pictures for everyone.

The FCA rep claimed that it was the prototype and that parts of it are clay.

Do I know that for sure? No, I simply wrote what I was told. Being condescending like that isn’t called for.

I’m a member of the JL forum, I have a JL, had some interest in the JT and figured because I follow the posts here I’d be cool and post the pictures everyone was asking about... I guess I probably shouldn’t have bothered
I am not trying to be a jerk. I thanked you for your photos. I know it takes time to take photos, post and deal with questions. Like I also posted. I plan to take the time to do the same after I see the JT for my 1st time also.

I simply asked if you believe the unbelievable excuse by the rep that it had clay parts in it and thats why you could not get inside. I would say you did by your defensive post . But that is just my assumption.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I went last night, it was a small show, great to see the Gladiator in person, the bed seems much longer in person, it was a Rubicon with every option, couldn't touch the Gladiator at the show, had some beefy tires on on it, I think they were the same size on the sidewall as the other Rubicons JLs there but different brand.
others said it looks smaller in person. Well maybe that's the whole truck, not just the bed.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Parts of it "use to be clay" probably, but if its at a show today, nothing is made of clay. The rep is just talking out of their buttocks.

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Parts of it "use to be clay" probably, but if its at a show today, nothing is made of clay. The rep is just talking out of their buttocks.
Then he could have simply said that instead of being condescending.

I was simply saying what I was told at the show. I know nothing about prototype vehicles.

I work in manufacturing and we sometimes make products that appear to be working products but are useless for shows. Just to have something to show. So to some degree I felt it could be plausible

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe

Thanks for the pics. I am hoping they have the one in Houston open next week. If so, I plan to drive down and give it a shot. So far, I think only LA and Detroit have had one open for folks to get into

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Thanks for the pics. I am hoping they have the one in Houston open next week. If so, I plan to drive down and give it a shot. So far, I think only LA and Detroit have had one open for folks to get into
I wish they had more there yesterday. What I will say is, it doesn’t look as long as I originally feared, and the bed seems to be a decent size. I definitely liked what I saw albeit I’m personally not a fan of the silver

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then he could have simply said that instead of being condescending.

I was simply saying what I was told at the show. I know nothing about prototype vehicles.

I work in manufacturing and we sometimes make products that appear to be working products but are useless for shows. Just to have something to show. So to some degree I felt it could be plausible
Fair enough. I would just be surprised if they brought out something with clay, when the LA auto show had drivable, sittable prototypes.

I'm guessing the days of partially fake cars being debuted are over by big manufacturers.. Even the elio that's touring around has a real interior, it might not be what is brought to market, but I doubt jeep would "pull a Tucker" on us.

Anyways, thanks for all the photos!

Karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Fair enough. I would just be surprised if they brought out something with clay, when the LA auto show had drivable, sittable prototypes.

I'm guessing the days of partially fake cars being debuted are over by big manufacturers.. Even the elio that's touring around has a real interior, it might not be what is brought to market, but I doubt jeep would "pull a Tucker" on us.

Anyways, thanks for all the photos!

One of the things that didn’t make sense to me was in the underneath shot there either a wire or a piece of sheet metal coming up through the floor to the bottom of the chassis

15D94415-5341-4914-8016-69CAAB316F3E.jpeg

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
One of the things that didn’t make sense to me was in the underneath shot there either a wire or a piece of sheet metal coming up through the floor to the bottom of the chassis

15D94415-5341-4914-8016-69CAAB316F3E.jpeg
They run power into the vehicles at shows so the batteries stay charged while doors are open.
Sponsored