Sponsored

New Ford Bronco

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
I think Jeep (Wrangler and maybe the Cherokee) should be VERY worried! Jeep are going to have to life their game!

Sponsored

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Right! Just watched it then went to the ford website. There is still limited info. But the base bronco starts as $28,500 and standard has LED lights with automatic high low beams, power heated mirrors, power locks with remote, 8” touchscreen, collision avoidance braking, 6 cupholders, 6 way manual passenger and driver seats. And a bottle opener! Count me in.

OP
OP
MudderTruker

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So what if the doors store in the back. We can just throw ours in the bed and strap them down. Or, tow them in a trailer with some concrete blocks. As long as Ford doesn’t make a truck version... but they don’t know how to make trucks. Right?

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...nco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf#badlands|base
Lots of cool info here i think.
And i bet a truck is on the way. As hard as they just smacked jeep with this release they gotta let them heal back up a bit before dealing the final blow. Lol. Heck all jeep has to offer so far is the solid front axel and a hemi “concept” that will never happen.
And im far from a jeep hater btw, i love my rubicon gladiator.

Sponsored

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
So what if the doors store in the back. We can just throw ours in the bed and strap them down. Or, tow them in a trailer with some concrete blocks. As long as Ford doesn’t make a truck version... but they don’t know how to make trucks. Right?
I believe a truck is in the works , Ford may have a raptor version as well

4C97BC74-8555-46C6-B9E2-2DFD7C0FF3D9.png

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I believe a truck is in the works , Ford may have a raptor version as well

Jeep Gladiator New Ford Bronco 4C97BC74-8555-46C6-B9E2-2DFD7C0FF3D9
Thats what im talking about! Wait for that bad boy to come out and adios gladiator! Unless jeep actually does the hemi. Ooooh the competition is gonna start and i see exciting times on the horizon!

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Jeep knew the Bronco was coming and they had the chance to really improve things with the JL and they didn't. I have a JTR and I bought my wife a JLU for her 50th birthday and there are some nice features on the Bronco that I wish the JLU had. Body mounted mirrors is nice, storing the doors in the storage area, lifting handles for the doors.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Thats what im talking about! Wait for that bad boy to come out and adios gladiator! Unless jeep actually does the hemi. Ooooh the competition is gonna start and i see exciting times on the horizon!
I guess I'd wonder how they'd position that truck against the Ranger (and the forthcoming baby truck yet to be named). A more rugged midsize truck than a Ranger? Sure I'd give that a test drive. But I'd like to see refinement with the EcoBoost engine & transmission combo they've got on the Ranger (likely be the same in a Bronco truck I'd presume). It was... ok. The feel of it wasn't great, but it was better than the jerkiness of the Colorado.

Hunter63

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Machine repair
I don't know what it is but the bronco looks like a asian vehicle. Like it's Kia. Maybe it's just me

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Looks like an FJ to me

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator New Ford Bronco 22EDE6E8-9553-4D10-869C-0B51D775227A

Really? Yall starting to sound like my wife when she says all cars look the same.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Jeep knew the Bronco was coming and they had the chance to really improve things with the JL and they didn't. I have a JTR and I bought my wife a JLU for her 50th birthday and there are some nice features on the Bronco that I wish the JLU had. Body mounted mirrors is nice, storing the doors in the storage area, lifting handles for the doors.
The doors do have lifting handles. They are underneath the pull handles you use to shut your door from the inside of the vehicle.

I dont think the JL needs much in the way of improvements to keep the bronco at bay but we will see. I've never been a fan of chrysler but they did an awesome job on the jk and even better on the JL. And they did this without much in the way of competition. So hats off the FCA and even Ford. The bronco looks great and Iam sure it will sell. Land Rover should just retire the defender name altogether.

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If jeep would have put a little more power under the hood and a few more standard options like the bronco has done then it would have been much better off to cope with the bronco release. Heck for the price of a fully loaded rubicon it should also have a sway bar that can disconnect under load. Heck being as jeep is the “off road king” maybe factory air lockers should have been a thing on rubicon. I know for a fact the steel front bumper should have been standard on the rubicon. But no jeep is greedy and made it a $900 option.
Sponsored