First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Utility Substation Electrician
Ok. I just listened to the videos with my headphones on and I don't hear anything out of the ordinary. I'm not sure if you've ever had a diesel before, but they can just be louder and clunkier sounding.

On a side note, I was towing my car that I sold to a coworker the other day and could feel the low end torque on this monster and just smiled 😁.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
And yes Hot Shots EDT Everytime you fill up!

Railpoler

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green D Gladiator, 06 TDI Golf, 74 Thing
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have 32,000 on my Ecodiesel. Mine does not make either of those two sounds.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Out of curiosity, does the shake change if you shift the trans into neutral?

EZRider

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Mine also makes the “Darth Vader” noise. As I posted previously, I first noticed it off-road with windows down at very slow speed when I took my foot off the accelerator when the motor had a load on it. It will do it if while in drive and sitting still, I hold the brake and then press and release the accelerator. This is what I did at the dealership and was told by the tech it was the turbo releasing pressure which if I understood him correctly is dumped into the air intake of the motor.

I didn’t hear anything in the first video that sounded unusual.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel
i plan on taking it in to have them listen and exprience the stat and shut off shake/clunk.

I am curious. I'll have to find your audio post, but it wouldn't hurt to take it to your dealer to ask them to check it out with you(preferrably going for a ride so you can show them). I doubt they will charge you, but you can ask first.

OP
OP

pltek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel
i can confirm that it is not drive train noise now, rather release of some type of pressure into the intake. i can hear it clearly when i shut off the engine as well as when the jeep shifts gears up or down. This is definitely not something that i heard in any of my turbo charged cars or in my MB diesel.

thanks for pointing this out.

Mine also makes the “Darth Vader” noise. As I posted previously, I first noticed it off-road with windows down at very slow speed when I took my foot off the accelerator when the motor had a load on it. It will do it if while in drive and sitting still, I hold the brake and then press and release the accelerator. This is what I did at the dealership and was told by the tech it was the turbo releasing pressure which if I understood him correctly is dumped into the air intake of the motor.

I didn’t hear anything in the first video that sounded unusual.
Sponsored