First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Now that we are extremely frigid up here in Calgary where this morning it’s -27c wind chill, I never let my gas level go below 1/2 tank. Most times when the level is at 3/4 full, I have the time to top it back up. I park in a heated garage so I’m concerned of condensation in the tank which is why, for the most part, I have it full. Yes, we now have winter gas but I also toss in some Methyl Hydrate for assurance and also carry a 10L gas can in the back in case I come across someone else testing how far they can go on an empty tank and are sitting on the side of the road making things right with God before they freeze to death.
Sponsored

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
Latest update is the "fuse bar" is being replaced because it's "cutting out fuel". I assume that he means the high amp fuses on the side of the power distribution.
Hopefully they get your truck back to you soon enough! thanks for the update!

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a worse case scenario. Traveling across Oklahoma to AZ my mileage is sucking big time. 40mph crosswinds with gusts higher towing my Geo Pro. 10.4 average right now. Haha 😂 All things relative. Love this truck 🛻

OP
OP
ScooterInTX

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Fuse bar didn't do the trick. No fuel pressure. Next step, fuel pump which is 5-7 days out. Hopefully, not a game of whack-a-mole and this actually fixes it.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Fuse bar didn't do the trick. No fuel pressure. Next step, fuel pump which is 5-7 days out. Hopefully, not a game of whack-a-mole and this actually fixes it.
The fuel pump on my then brand new 2010 GT500 failed @ 6 miles. Doesn't help you but just commiserating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScooterInTX

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Finally got it home yesterday!
@JeepCares didn't do anything other than tell me that the parts order was pushed out. Still not sure what the purpose of that group is but anyway...

The last notification that I got was that the fuel pump was pushed out until 1/30 (45 days without my Jeep). It took me like 2 minutes to Google and find a dealership in Texas that had one on the shelf. I made all of the purchasing and shipping arrangements between the two parts departments and got it here in three days. It was fixed and handed over to me the same day.

I have had other vehicles in the shop where if parts availability was an issue, either the service writer or the parts department did something like I had to. Is this just specific to my dealership or is this a common Jeep practice? When I asked @JeepCares if they would chase down the part, all they told me was the ETA. Again, useless.

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I hope I never have to go through something like this but if I do I will take the same route calling around. It seems like in todays world there are businesses that can get results and others that are not motivated to help.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
Fuel pumps are cooled by gas and it's best to have a good amount when it's warm out. They can burn out fast due to heat
. Good to hear you problem was resolved. Sucked you had to do the legwork. But sometimes we are paid well because we are able to think and resolve situations. Those dealer people clearly could not
Sponsored