Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, the SoFloJeeps windshield banner.

The same shop responsible for this beautiful piece of art:

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator Police Trucks in Hollywood, FL somebody-paid-220000-for-an-apocalypse-hellfire-6x6-with-cybertruck-inspired-headlights-182491_1

Good news everybody! They're doing Rams now too!

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator Police Trucks in Hollywood, FL umbmdgggzje91

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
I mean, it looks badass, but I would have a serious word with whomever decided a black patrol vehicle is a good idea in Florida. Yuck.

Serious note though - what brand is that sport bar? It looks like Fab Fours, but it's missing the center piece with the logo and light mounts:

Jeep Gladiator New Gladiator Police Trucks in Hollywood, FL 1659833663509

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Well I would assume that a policeman drives it around. It has emergency lights. I would put money that it can still pull your ass over if needed. PR yes... technically a police vehicle.. yes. I wouldn't even mind if a police JT pulled me over. Id just want to take pictures with mine in front lol.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The nuttiest law I've seen. I still can't believe its legit.
Right up there with "eminent domain". Government decides you no longer have the right to your property. I'm no tinfoil-hat guy but I dislike some things ...

Sponsored

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Police buying and modifying or having to maintain mall crawler toys, even if they started as CAFs, isn’t a responsible use of tax payer dollars.
Neither is using tax payers money to finance 86,000 new IRS agents. Also FL doesn't have a state tax so really they aren't paying for it the government is, which I pay federal taxes and I approve of the sales pitch.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Also FL doesn't have a state tax so really they aren't paying for it the government is,
That makes no sense. Of course local and state residents are paying for it through lots of other revenue streams, and Florida being a recipient of federal tax dollars doesn’t make it any better. But the line police officers are also paying for it. There’s a zero sum budget at the state and municipal level. They can’t run deficits like the federal government can. If you put money in the cool truck pile you’re taking it out of some other pile, like pay or hiring or training.

As a former municipal firefighter and SWAT medic from a family of cops, who knows lots of cops, I can tell you, most of the guys on these departments hate this kind of crap. Absolutely hate it. Leadership in my FD and PD were always spending huge sums on these vanity projects. We had boats (that sank), a vintage M35 that was a money pit, new fancy graphics on our trucks that mimicked FDNY colors, much to everyone’s consternation. We also had worn out gear and massive pay compression problems and horrible morale.

Police want better equipment to do their jobs, and better pay. Ask a cop or firefighter about pay compression where a 10 year veteran senior police officer makes basically
the same amount of money as the proby he’s training. They don’t want toys that they can buy for themselves on their off days.

The citizens don’t want it either. They want properly trained, paid and equipped police officers. Communities like police/community outreach and sometimes that includes special vehicles but a lot of these trucks look more like macho bs than that. Police agencies have been spending millions on tacticool gear even when the DoD gives it to them, because it costs a lot to maintain an MRAP that has no business in a civilian police department. But this has come at the cost
of training, pay and the day to day equipment cops, medics and firefighters need.

There’s a picture of the SWAT team in Uvalde all gussied up in their tacticool mail order gear but when it counted, the training and leadership failed them and the community. There’s absolutely a straight line between these kinds of failures and the obsession with cool toys across municipal leadership. Our fire and police command liked nothing more than to get their face in the newspaper unveiling some new capital expenditure no one asked for. But they were nowhere to be seen when it came to discussions of pay, healthcare or job stress. There’s been a crisis of suicide amongst police officers from crushing job stress for decades across this country. Let’s deal with that before investing in toys.

As for the IRS, more funding means the agency will actually function properly, which right now, it doesn’t. This is true of a lot of federal agencies. The commerce department, which is a critical agency looks like a 1970s throwback. The IRS uses a 50 year old antiquated proprietary data storage and lots of paper. That means that they make constant mistakes and they are slow. It also means that they lack the resources to properly go after the estimated 25 trillion in global off-shore tax avoidance. Because the IRS can’t afford to go after the people who can afford white shoe law firms, they audit the poor which doesn’t make a lot of sense.

https://trac.syr.edu/tracirs/latest/679/

And keep in mind the IRS isn’t tax policy. If folks don’t like federal tax policy (and there’s a lot not to like), blame congress. The IRS is just the agency tasked with carrying out the law as written by the legislature and it should function properly. The same logic applies to every agency. People may not agree with some aspects of our foreign policy but as Americans, we want our troops to be the best equipped and best paid and I want veterans to be treated with the respect they deserve and given the resources they need when they come home. I’ll happily submit to higher taxes for that and better paid and equipped first responders. As much as I love to see a bad-a$$ gladiator, it’s not what I or most line firefighters and cops, have in mind.

OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Neither is using tax payers money to finance 86,000 new IRS agents. Also FL doesn't have a state tax so really they aren't paying for it the government is, which I pay federal taxes and I approve of the sales pitch.
A nightmare waiting to happen just like this new funding plan which includes a few b to none other then zelenky. What I don't understand is why are so many needed when global CBDC's are right around the corner and that basically eliminates the need.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
A nightmare waiting to happen just like this new funding plan which includes a few b to none other then zelenky. What I don't understand is why are so many needed when global CBDC's are right around the corner and that basically eliminates the need.
This is an interesting point. I’m not sure it really lessens the need for enforcement in the near or maybe even far term. Entities attempting to avoid paying taxes use a myriad of legal structures that don’t hide money per se, but rather move it (including into non-liquid assets that aren’t CBDCs or actual fiat currency) and that, and this is key, appear legal.

In any case, the government still has to prove through an investigative and legal process that money is owed. That’s due process. That has to happen or we cease to be a free country. That process is exceedingly expensive and it’s cost is often proportional to the complexity and amount in question. In other words the more money you have the harder you can make it for the IRS to prove that you owe money to Treasury. This is particularly true when the tax code itself is massively complex for businesses and certain types of investors. A lot of tax avoidance is legal. Parsing what is and isn’t requires a complex forensic process.

CBDCs would make some of that process easier but there’s still a lot of debate on how much and it would still require manpower to do it. Financial crimes are the most difficult to prosecute and require the most highly skilled investigators. CBDCs would make the seizure of money, if held as a CBDC or fiat currency easier for sure.

However, there is a lot of debate about whether this, in particular, is too much of a good thing. Disintermediation is being hotly debated right now by economists, central bankers and privacy experts. On the positive side, it would mean no more transaction fees and lower costs of goods. It would strip a lot of power from banks, which many see as a good thing.

It would also raise major privacy concerns as the central bank, and therefore the government, could have complete knowledge of all your financial transactions and be able to seize all of your money without being forced to go through a court to order a bank to do it. With CBDCs there’s no technical limitation, whether they are central database driven or blockchain-based, on the central bank from knowing the history of a CBDC or yanking it back at will. The only limitation would be statutory. This should concern people.

It’s for these reasons that CBDCs are nowhere near “around the corner”, in the United States, and that may be a good thing.

As for Ukraine, we should be doing everything in our power to stop Russia now or we will pay for it later with a war across Central and Western Europe and in the Taiwan Strait and South China Sea.