terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
first let me say I dont own one yet however by this time tomorrow I may, 'she who makes life miserable' as decreed the Dodge cummins and the Scrambler must go and with the perpetual delay of the diesel Gladiator I guess I will be getting a gas motor one from dealer stock. A couple of questions as the one Im looking at is missing a couple of things.
1) the Aux switch package, can that be retrofitted once I get it home by ordering the panel and switches from Jeep and plugging into an existing pigtail?
2)Anyone install the Vector OR Bar with the 67D phone and junk mounts? Happy? NOt at all happy? Could you install without laying down the windshield?
3) Market for stock Rubicon wheels? I dont like them and think I want to make a quick change despite being told not to 'start changing stuff on it right away', silly woman!
4)a friend has JK rubicon and said he was able to select tranny temp in the gauges on the display, I dont see that on the Glad specs Ive seen, is it possible?
5) What are yall doing to keep rocks and sand out from between the body and fenders? I havent looked yet but I see it a recurring topic on the things people dislike about the jeep

I'm sure I'll have more once I get it

thanks all, I appreciate the input

Anyone want a high miles but very nice 06 5.9 cummins mega cab laramie truck with a shell and 315s?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
1) Yes the aux switch's can be installed later. The dealer will need to flash the system to enable them (or I believe a Tazer JL Mini can do it as well).

3) Local to me there is a new set on the facebook classifieds every few days. They seem to move really well if they are priced fairly. If you ask 1600 its going to take a while, but the sets priced closer to 1000 seem to move fairly quick (YMMV of course, thats just what I have noticed in my part of idaho).

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend having the aux switch in as assembled at factory you can add it but I don't think you get the wiring as clean and sure thing of working right.
You should be able to find a new home for the Rubicon rims and tires easy.
I can scroll up the oil temp, trans and water on gauge screen.
Not a Rubicon buyer, I'm of less is more on a lot of things on it. I had a short list aux switch, Max Tow, hard top, Sport S, and color choices Gobi, Gator or blue last resort. As now I have one switch available is all. Winch, lights, power ports in bed.
I hope this helps you out.

OP
OP
trust

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all! Great info for when I finally get it here.

I believe less is more as well and was happy to find this one without a lot of unwanted extras. The switches though I did want and weren't included on this one...

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
1) Yes the aux switch's can be installed later. The dealer will need to flash the system to enable them (or I believe a Tazer JL Mini can do it as well).

3) Local to me there is a new set on the facebook classifieds every few days. They seem to move really well if they are priced fairly. If you ask 1600 its going to take a while, but the sets priced closer to 1000 seem to move fairly quick (YMMV of course, thats just what I have noticed in my part of idaho).
It's a $300 factory-installed option... I'd save the $700 and just order me one, or find one a bit farther away than I had been looking. Your local Jeep dealer can get you a Gladiator from another dealer if they don't have what you want, if you're too far away to drive there yourself. Might take a couple days. But the wait would be worth the $700 savings, IMO.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Rubicon ordered from the factory with the AUX switches and the 8.4" Navi 9-speaker Alpine upgrades... Worth every penny! If you're on the fence, just go ahead and get one ordered that way. :like:

Also, no matter which model you get, get an iDrive and a Tazer JL Mini for it.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
2.) Yes, it can be installed without laying down the windshield. Socket and short extension and ratchet to get bolts out of dash. When you go to tighten screws into top of posts when mounting the bar, you need a 90 degree allen wrench, ratchet will not fit with allen socket.
I like the bar and the phone holder. I also ordered pieces and parts from 67 Design to mount my Garmin GPS. Took a special ball x ball adapter and they already have one to work.

I have moved them around a couple of times for access to the UConnect 7" screen and then visibility of phone and GPS. If you have multiple items mounted you will do the same.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Rubicon ordered from the factory with the AUX switches and the 8.4" Navi 9-speaker Alpine upgrades... Worth every penny! If you're on the fence, just go ahead and it get one ordered that way. :like:
But the OP says "I will be getting a gas motor one from dealer stock. " which means some concessions may have to be made. This isnt a sword to die on as its still reasonable to do after the fact.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
first let me say I dont own one yet however by this time tomorrow I may, 'she who makes life miserable' as decreed the Dodge cummins and the Scrambler must go and with the perpetual delay of the diesel Gladiator I guess I will be getting a gas motor one from dealer stock. A couple of questions as the one Im looking at is missing a couple of things.
1) the Aux switch package, can that be retrofitted once I get it home by ordering the panel and switches from Jeep and plugging into an existing pigtail?
2)Anyone install the Vector OR Bar with the 67D phone and junk mounts? Happy? NOt at all happy? Could you install without laying down the windshield?
3) Market for stock Rubicon wheels? I dont like them and think I want to make a quick change despite being told not to 'start changing stuff on it right away', silly woman!
4)a friend has JK rubicon and said he was able to select tranny temp in the gauges on the display, I dont see that on the Glad specs Ive seen, is it possible?
5) What are yall doing to keep rocks and sand out from between the body and fenders? I havent looked yet but I see it a recurring topic on the things people dislike about the jeep

I'm sure I'll have more once I get it

thanks all, I appreciate the input

Anyone want a high miles but very nice 06 5.9 cummins mega cab laramie truck with a shell and 315s?
1. You can add the aux package afterward I believe, but in my humble opinion an sPOD is a much better, more flexible option. I opted for a JT without this option specifically for that reason.

2. I haven't done a whole lot of research on it, but I've had a hard time grasping the purpose of the vector bar. That thing is absolutely massive, and I feel like it'd restrict my field of view and drive me crazy. I have not installed the 67 designs rail/phone mount (yet) but I do have one of their arms holding my sPOD controller. Very happy with the quality, and it's rock solid.

3. They seem to go fairly quickly, for the right price.

4. I'm honestly not sure, but if this is a pressing issue for you I can go mess around with the gauges a bit later if it'd help.

5. I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NL4D2T8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I haven't had an issue with anything getting wedged in the fenders since installing it. I just used a plastic trim tool to poke it down in to the fender gaps. Took 10 minutes altogether.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But the OP says "I will be getting a gas motor one from dealer stock. " which means some concessions may have to be made. This isnt a sword to die on as its still reasonable to do after the fact.
Paying $1,600 for something I could have only paid $300 as a factory-installed option is a hill I'm willing to die on. That's ridiculous to pay that much.

Personal opinion.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 67 Designs universal phone holder for my JTR, and I love it. VERY rigid. Strong. High-quality. Worth the money. Don't know about the rail system or the "bar". I just got the standard single phone holder mount.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
AL. Mud Machine mine was a dealership transfer too.
Dealerships do it all the time, my LJ was too.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Paying $1,600 for something I could have only paid $300 as a factory-installed option is a hill I'm willing to die on. That's ridiculous to pay that much.

Personal opinion.
I dont know where you are getting 1600 from... The switch's are 319 on on quadratec & then enabling is either the dealer for whatever they charge or a Tazer Mini @ 329 which if he changes tire sizes one of those 2 will likely be in the future anyway.
Sponsored