First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Auto Tech Teacher
Are you saying the Mohave handles better on the road than the Rubicon does?
Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Welcome to the forum! Here are my thoughts:
  • First decide WHY you want to mod it: to personalize it or out of necessity.
  • Once you have that figured out, start looking at other rigs on the forum. Lots of wisdom, feedback, and opinions here that can help with any "analysis paralysis" that you may run into.
  • The marketplace and Craigslist can save you a lot of $$$
  • Just because Amazon has it cheap and fast, doesn't mean you should buy it, lol. I did that with a phone holder because I wanted it fast, and just replaced it with a good one last week because the Amazon garbage was just that, garbage.
  • Don't let assholes like me sway your taste- you're footing the bill, so we hare in no position to judge. Now if you ask us what we think afterwards.... be prepared for honesty :)
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions, technical or not.
  • As far as my "must have" mods, they have been 3.5" lift, 37's, tonneau, Armorlite flooring, lighting (we have a rural property and they come in very handy), front bumper, and winch. All the others have been just because
  • If you have a significant other, please teach them the acronym "JEEP= Just Empty Every Pocket" - once they come to the dark side, it makes it much easier to explain the credit card bill
  • Have a blast!
To answer your hard tonneau question, I'm a big fan of roll-n-lock, simply because of the security and the ability to quickly put something tall in the bed. You will sacrifice a few inches in the front, but that is my next purchase, to replace my soft tonneau.

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
Are you saying the Mohave handles better on the road than the Rubicon does?
Yes. The shocks are much more substantial on the Mohave (2.0” vs 2.5” diameter shock bodies/technology). $600 shocks vs $3000 shocks. People argue about which model is better every minute on this forum but simply speaking about shocks and driving on the street the Mohave has higher end shocks. I put them on my rubicon and there is a huge difference on the highway (75mph). Low speed bumps (30 mph or less) not that much of a difference. It is my favorite upgrade so far.

BobcatBruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Get a BAK Revolver X4s cover. I have one and I love it. It’s low profile, rolls up so you can use the entire bed and it’s secure. It’s a little pricey but worth it in my opinion.
Jeep Gladiator New Here and New to Jeep 5D99E728-EACC-48FD-8F46-F16DC8E06180

Sponsored

OP
OP
gmarcucio

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Get a BAK Revolver X4s cover. I have one and I love it. It’s low profile, rolls up so you can use the entire bed and it’s secure. It’s a little pricey but worth it in my opinion.
This looks like a nice setup!!!

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
Hi, I'm new to this forum and excited to learn and participate. I purchased a new 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon from a dealers stock on Saturday. So far loving it. A couple of questions: What are some of the most popular Jeep parts and accessory website members here are using? Also, I'm looking for a hard Tonneau Cover but I would like to be able to fold it straight up in the back of the bed so that I am not limited too much on bed space when I'm using the bed. Any recommendations?
I got this cover on mine and like it.

https://www.agricover.com/hard-tonn...gw-xlEvS0kHUB24yeI0tfq0wgyFfFEZIaAnmxEALw_wcB

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
The LOMAX hard cover folds to the cab and can be secured in that position.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Pro tip: The stock antenna is slightly taller than the roof and is an excellent "whisker" for knowing if the Jeep will fit in a parking garage or under a tree.
Good tip. I actually like the metal antenna. It flips around like a dune buggy.

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My advice that I tell all newbies, don’t do anything for one year and see what you like and see how you use the Jeep, then modify it to your needs. Be sure to join a 4x4 club and do some off roading with them, I know you stated that you don’t plan on going off road , but I suggest you try a couple of trips and then make your decision

Sponsored

OP
OP
gmarcucio

gmarcucio

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You can go ahead and sell me that lift in your garage. You wont need it :giggle:

Great looking jeep!

My honest recommendation is to drive it stock for a while to a) really get a feel for it and b) to give you the chance to identify things YOU want to change, not just stuff other folks show you. This forum is amazing but it can and will lead you down rabbit holes and money pits.

My favorite two storage additions

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Center-Con...p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
I love my lift in my garage. I will use it to lift the Gladiator for all of my mods and maintenance. When I purchased it 4 years ago it was $2,500 with free shipping. Well worth it!!! I'm going to try and make up something that I can use the lift to lift off my Jeep hard top so that I don't need to lift it myself or with another person. I can keep it suspended on the lift and when I'm done cruising I can pull the Jeep under the top on the lift and lower it back onto the Jeep.

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
It may sound dumb, but my favorite mod so far might be a glass cover for the infotainment screen. From Amazon for $20 or so, doesn’t collect fingerprints or lint like the factory plastic. Its a little thing, but it makes a big difference in something you see all the time.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

BobcatBruno