New here. Question about tazer/check engine light

Surge

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
I have a check engine light on my gladiator and I have an appointment with my dealer to have it checked out. Do I have to unmarry it for the dealer to check my code out? Or just unplug? And if I do unmarry, will it erase all my settings? I'm going on a long vacation, so I figured I should have it checked out. TIA
Jeep Gladiator New here. Question about tazer/check engine light 20230507_172233
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Prevailing common sense and I think the company that makes the Tazer said it is best practice to unmarry and remove it when taking it in for any warranty work.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully, you have kept track of all the changes made. The unmarry option returns the settings to the way they were when the Tazer was installed and married to the truck.

There are some who have been using Jscan to make the changes, and then installing the Tazer. That way they don't lose them all when unmarrying the Tazer for service.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully, you have kept track of all the changes made. The unmarry option returns the settings to the way they were when the Tazer was installed and married to the truck.

There are some who have been using Jscan to make the changes, and then installing the Tazer. That way they don't lose them all when unmarrying the Tazer for service.
I wish JSCAN logged changes like AlfaOBD does - although it doesn't keep a log of changes, you can grab the log and copy the entries into a text file.

This is from an old AlfaOBD log file when I did the auto high beam on my 2020 (before Jeep included it in the advance safety package)

Car configuration change: Auto Highbeam: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Auto High Beam Module Location: ' NONE ' -> '4 '
Car configuration change: Auto High Beam CSM Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Sponsored

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
I have a check engine light on my gladiator and I have an appointment with my dealer to have it checked out. Do I have to unmarry it for the dealer to check my code out? Or just unplug? And if I do unmarry, will it erase all my settings? I'm going on a long vacation, so I figured I should have it checked out. TIA
Jeep Gladiator New here. Question about tazer/check engine light 20230507_172233
Definitely unmarry these days all the new car guy's are looking for an excuse to void warranty not worth the few minutes it takes to put settings back in the Tazer

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My dealership will work on my vehicle with my Tazer installed. However, I'll still unmarry it in case they update a setting.
Sponsored