First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
Wow, the tech that replaced the box sounds like part of the problem. Glad its fixed, mine was resolved with a new "gear" and no problems so far. Sorry, I can't resist.... sounds like we both had the classic "loose nut behind the wheel" syndrome....
Sponsored

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
No kidding!!! Loose nut bout covers everything! The tech did something that corrected the problem, so I'm satisfied for now. Hope we both have the issue fixed once and for all.

Tmlapi

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Can I get some guidance here. I bought a 2020 Mojave with 17k miles on it. Having already had a 20 Wrangler, I was well aware of the TSB and had it done on the Wrangler in 2021 no issues. When I bought the Mojave (1 month ago), the first thing I did was schedule a service appointment to get the TSB done. Told the service person that the Jeep wonders, has loose steering, and pulls to the right. My main dealership told me I wasn’t a tech and that I couldn’t make that assessment. I quickly decided to find a new dealer. The new dealer has had my Jeep for a week and told me today they couldn’t find any TSB that says to replace the aluminum steering box. Any advice on how I should navigate this? Thanks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can I get some guidance here. I bought a 2020 Mojave with 17k miles on it. Having already had a 20 Wrangler, I was well aware of the TSB and had it done on the Wrangler in 2021 no issues. When I bought the Mojave (1 month ago), the first thing I did was schedule a service appointment to get the TSB done. Told the service person that the Jeep wonders, has loose steering, and pulls to the right. My main dealership told me I wasn’t a tech and that I couldn’t make that assessment. I quickly decided to find a new dealer. The new dealer has had my Jeep for a week and told me today they couldn’t find any TSB that says to replace the aluminum steering box. Any advice on how I should navigate this? Thanks!
Point those idiots who say you aren't a tech to this - and tell them to learn to read and follow instructions -
YOU are the customer - YOU know if it has play or pulls or wanders. What a maroon.

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 1668486160832

Then show them a printed copy of this - point out that SENTENCE.
I'm serious, I would indeed, I am just the sort to highlight that sentence and ask them to read what it says. Yeah, ask my wife - I absolutely would.

IF the CUSTOMER describes............. PERFORM THE REPAIR PROCEDURE.

Where does it say to tell the customer they are wrong? Where does it say "take it for a test drive and confirm? Where does it say to do or look at anything else?

I mean really, reading comprehension anyone?
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that simple single sentence seems to say a career's worth.

Attachments

Tmlapi

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Point those idiots who say you aren't a tech to this - and tell them to learn to read and follow instructions -
YOU are the customer - YOU know if it has play or pulls or wanders. What a maroon.

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 1668486160832

Then show them a printed copy of this - point out that SENTENCE.
I'm serious, I would indeed, I am just the sort to highlight that sentence and ask them to read what it says. Yeah, ask my wife - I absolutely would.

IF the CUSTOMER describes............. PERFORM THE REPAIR PROCEDURE.

Where does it say to tell the customer they are wrong? Where does it say "take it for a test drive and confirm? Where does it say to do or look at anything else?

I mean really, reading comprehension anyone?
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that simple single sentence seems to say a career's worth.
That’s exactly what I sent to my service advisor (with the highlighted areas as well)! He said he’ll get back to me tomorrow, so we will see. I can’t fathom why it’s so difficult!

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My pitman arm shaft appears to be moving laterally in the gearbox case. It pops loudly when moved. It’s the “updated” gearbox. After it was installed I told the service manager it still wasn’t right. They need to listen to us.

Hello Jeep Cares… when is the engineers going to solve this problem??
Sponsored