Notchy Steering After TSB 08-074-20

oknation

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
NEWEST UPDATE: I went and picked up my 2020 Jeep Gladiator (Gobi) today and I'm extremely happy to report that it drives GREAT now!

THE FIX (verbatim from invoice) AIR POCKET IN STEERING SYSTEM, REBLED SYSTEM, ALL OK AT THIS TIME.

That's it. I drove it on city streets and the interstate going about 70 mph and I didn't experience the notchy feel and I don't have that gurgling/bubbly fluid noise coming from in front of me any more.

So, if you're having a problem like this after the TSB steering box replacement, then this might be the cure. It drives like a dream now!

Advertisement

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler
NEWEST UPDATE: I went and picked up my 2020 Jeep Gladiator (Gobi) today and I'm extremely happy to report that it drives GREAT now!

THE FIX (verbatim from invoice) AIR POCKET IN STEERING SYSTEM, REBLED SYSTEM, ALL OK AT THIS TIME.

That's it. I drove it on city streets and the interstate going about 70 mph and I didn't experience the notchy feel and I don't have that gurgling/bubbly fluid noise coming from in front of me any more.

So, if you're having a problem like this after the TSB steering box replacement, then this might be the cure. It drives like a dream now!
Good news! Glad they found the reason why....and fixed it.

Geekjeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Any idea how u bled it. I had a buddy bleed mine. 25 wheel turns up on jack with car off. 25 turns while car on.

I can’t imagine it needs to be bled more after this but. Doing this did not solve my problem

Last edited:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
San Antonio, TX/Mahopac, NY (Atlanta temporarily)
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Porsche Cayenne S, 1964 Corvette coupe
Occupation
Performance Coach
These PS are self-bleeding, typically through use. However, the more lock to lock cycles the better to get the air out.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
I also smelled an unusual odor coming from the vents. I'm not sure what it was but it kind of smelled like something was hot. ..
Is there any break-in period on the replacement? Smell like you speak about to happen like on new engine parts like mufflers and the like. Just a thought....

Geekjeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
These PS are self-bleeding, typically through use. However, the more lock to lock cycles the better to get the air out.
Thats what I figured, but at the same time figured it couldnt hurt as long as tires were jacked up.

oknation

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Any idea how u bled it. I had a buddy bleed mine. 25 wheel turns up on jack with car off. 25 turns while car on.

I can’t imagine it needs to be bled more after this but. Doing this did not solve my problem
I don't know how the technician bled the air out .

Advertisement

Advertisement