New Mopar 2" inch lift coming out?

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Oh heck yes - you can pick your choice of some decent parts for that price.

Yeah, but the MOPAR kit becomes part of the truck and part of the warranty and if the truck warranty runs out in less than 2 years, you get 2 years on the MOPAR parts.

The tech - yeah, doubtful they have inside info on parts like that, but even if they did, how will MOPAR release a 2" lift kit that costs LESS than the current kit? Huh? Another kit, costing less? What do they lave out, the springs?
There's nothing they can do to cut the cost on that. The LCAs, the springs, whatever, all cost what they cost.
Why a new kit? What's wrong with the current one?

Just too many things wrong with a statement like: 'they are coming out with another kit and it will be cheaper.' especially about a lift kit, coming from a tech. Maybe he's been to some class - but cheaper and MOPAR don't go in the same sentence. It's like Senate intelligence.
Agreed on the warranty, one can always add a track bar up front and some disconnects. I sure wished I’d gone Mopar on my 2020 because when I got death wobble the dealership was told not to touch it at their tech line.

My point was that the OP can buy the Mopar lift at many many places, just need to find the right place with better pricing.
Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Careful with the AEV. Their build quality and ship process is sub par. Put a 2.5" AEV lift on my buddy's Wrangler and they shipped two passenger-side swaybar link extensions, their bolts were brittle AF and mismatched metals. We had to jury-rig some of that shit and cut liberally and ended up replacing bolts. AEV customer service wouldn't support jack shit.

Buyer beware with AEV.
Wow first I've heard of that happening. Do tell. More info if you have any.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Brittle?
Mismatched metals?
The nuts were different metal/coating. Like, zinc plated bolts and stainless nuts. Some bolts were galvanized. It was a nightmare. We called customer support and they did the verbal equivalent of a shrug.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Wow this thing is getting expensive. I only paid $1,480 for mine. I felt it was a great value at that point.

It’s another $500 now and at $2,800 in Canada, that’s $2057 American!
That’s also what I paid this spring.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The nuts were different metal/coating. Like, zinc plated bolts and stainless nuts. Some bolts were galvanized. It was a nightmare. We called customer support and they did the verbal equivalent of a shrug.
For those lurking, wondering -

I haven't seen galvanized nuts except in certain farm supply stores. I think I have some in my shop I bought long ago to replicate the fasteners used on some of my antique engines. A few used galvanized fasteners to bolt them to the trucks they were mounted to.

As far as different "coatings" - zinc plated won't matter whether it's black, yellow, blue/clear or green.
Zinc can be as bright and smooth as stainless, or as dull as cad plating.

My OCD might not like the different plating (all likely zinc) but it would only personally bother me for the appearance.
Zinc may be very very bright and smooth, or dull. It's usually more blue than say stainless but to the untrained eye - it can look the same unless compared to known samples.

These are all identical plating - all zinc from the same tank, just done with different amperages, passivates and passivate timing ->

Jeep Gladiator New Mopar 2" inch lift coming out? 1671596041335

Jeep Gladiator New Mopar 2" inch lift coming out? 1671596075198

All zinc - plated on the same day ->

Jeep Gladiator New Mopar 2" inch lift coming out? 1671596150202

Zinc - the exact same metal as above ->

Jeep Gladiator New Mopar 2" inch lift coming out? 1671596251818

The only thing I'd not like under my truck is a black oxide but those are more dull. They don't resist corrosion worth a crap and are seldom used in critical areas.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
For those lurking, wondering -

I haven't seen galvanized nuts except in certain farm supply stores. I think I have some in my shop I bought long ago to replicate the fasteners used on some of my antique engines. A few used galvanized fasteners to bolt them to the trucks they were mounted to.

As far as different "coatings" - zinc plated won't matter whether it's black, yellow, blue/clear or green.
Zinc can be as bright and smooth as stainless, or as dull as cad plating.

My OCD might not like the different plating (all likely zinc) but it would only personally bother me for the appearance.
Zinc may be very very bright and smooth, or dull. It's usually more blue than say stainless but to the untrained eye - it can look the same unless compared to known samples.

These are all identical plating - all zinc from the same tank, just done with different amperages, passivates and passivate timing ->

All zinc - plated on the same day ->

Zinc - the exact same metal as above ->

The only thing I'd not like under my truck is a black oxide but those are more dull. They don't resist corrosion worth a crap and are seldom used in critical areas.
Our local Ace Hardware has galvanized, but there are probably 50 or more lakes within 15 miles of it.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Still $1180 where I live, I think they’re discounting them just to get the rest out.
Well buy them up and flip them for $1680.......nice side hustle for no effort

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Our local Ace Hardware has galvanized, but there are probably 50 or more lakes within 15 miles of it.
Galvanized bolts best for marine. Plated bolts - not a good option.
You get about 5 times the protection with the thick hot-dipped galvanized vs. the thin layer of zinc plating.
It makes sense you'd have stores with a good stock of galvanized - for dock building and such. Even for farm use - fencing, and so on, galvanized is best.
Not good where you need tight control over specs like threads and torque.
Each has their place.
Galvanized for suspension and steering parts? That would make me wonder............ maybe their Chinese packager was buying whatever they could get.

Sponsored

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
I'm not even in Canada and agree it's over priced here too. Not heard about a new kit. But it was already over priced to start with but I was still considering it. But then recently they just raised the price another $200. For what comes with it (or should I say doesn't) compared to other kits, it's not worth it to me. Absolutely no reason to raise the price on an already expensive kit, except for the fact that they can do I'm over it. They could at least throw in a front track bar or something.

I've totally knocked it off my radar and I'm kind of glad not cause I'm planning on getting the AEV DualSport 2.5 now.
The reason people buy them is because jeep sells it as a lift they will warranty. The warranty loving people cant resist the or it may void your warranty clause! Mopar only warranties lifts 2" or under... or at least that was the case a couple years ago when I was looking at purchasing a lift warranty from Mopar.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
The reason people buy them is because jeep sells it as a lift they will warranty. The warranty loving people cant resist the or it may void your warranty clause! Mopar only warranties lifts 2" or under... or at least that was the case a couple years ago when I was looking at purchasing a lift warranty from Mopar.
I get it. Doesn't make it right though. At least for me. Those that want to pay rape prices for a lift that hardly comes with anything can if they want. Warranty or not dealerships typically find some kind of loop hole to get out of stuff anyway. I was absolutely dead set on the Mopar for the longest but they lost me continually raising prices.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get it. Doesn't make it right though. At least for me. Those that want to pay rape prices for a lift that hardly comes with anything can if they want. Warranty or not dealerships typically find some kind of loop hole to get out of stuff anyway. I was absolutely dead set on the Mopar for the longest but they lost me continually raising prices.
They never had me to start. The best is when you go to a dealership and they put that lift on with some wheels and bigger tires, and charge 10 grand... :CWL: for a lift that isnt even complete. Poor unsuspecting future jeepers buying hot trash from a dealer for the kind of money they could get a real lift with much better parts, and extras like adjustable arms. I mean for 10 grand you could get some fantastic lifts and regear.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
They never had me to start. The best is when you go to a dealership and they put that lift on with some wheels and bigger tires, and charge 10 grand... :CWL: for a lift that isnt even complete. Poor unsuspecting future jeepers buying hot trash from a dealer for the kind of money they could get a real lift with much better parts, and extras like adjustable arms. I mean for 10 grand you could get some fantastic lifts and regear.
Exactly! I'm sure this varies by dealer but back when I was considering it, I inquired about install prices on the lift just out of curiosity even though I'm pretty confident I could do it myself. They wanted to charge basically the same price as the lift itself (even considering the new higher cost) for the install. So basically over 4k for the Mopar lift installed. I was like are you serious. Dude said yeah but that includes alignment, like that was supposed to be the deal breaker.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! I'm sure this varies by dealer but back when I was considering it, I inquired about install prices on the lift just out of curiosity even though I'm pretty confident I could do it myself. They wanted to charge basically the same price as the lift itself (even considering the new higher cost) for the install. So basically over 4k for the Mopar lift installed. I was like are you serious. Dude said yeah but that includes alignment, like that was supposed to be the deal breaker.
:CWL:
Sponsored