Sponsored

Newsflash: Overlands aren’t just Mall Crawlers!

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're right, probably should've taken it slower. I was worried going to slow might get me stuck and felt like I should keep momentum, but it probably would've still crawled right out as long as I kept the throttle steady. Started from a dead stop, so I didn't have a chance to build up too much speed, but I probably hit it around 10-12 mph.
I get that but getting pulled out is easier than replacing an alternator or an engine. I think that’s why god invented winches and kinetic ropes. Have fu out there!
Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking Gladiator.
Ive got an Overland also and looking to get it out on some light trails with the family soon before I do any upgrades. Haven’t wheeled a Jeep off-road in over a decade. I I’ve got some recovery gear but not much else yet.
Are the stock tires (Bridgestone Duellers) ok for some light wheeling or should I break the bank and move up to some 33”s MTs or Ats before I take the Jeep off-road?
Any other tips for wheeling a stock Overland or what upgrades I should do first?
Thanks!
These are the AT Bridgestone Duellers and they are absolutely not only enough to take on trails, but they also look great. I’m not a fan of the roller blade look so I already had quotes for 35’s and new wheels on standby and once I went to pick my new ride up I was surprised by how great amd aggressive the tires look. Seriously no need to upgrade if you get the AT’s and aren’t rock crawling. This one handled just fine on an intermediate trail and I didn’t even let the air out.

Last edited:

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Th

These are the AT Bridgestone Duellers and they are absolutely not only enough to take on trails, but they also look great. I’m not a fan of the roller blade look so I already had quotes for 35’s and new wheels on standby and once I went to pick my new ride up I was surprised by how great amd aggressive the tires look. Seriously no need to upgrade if you get the AT’s and aren’t rock crawling. This one handled just fine on an intermediate trail and I didn’t even let the air out.
Thanks, I’m having a hard time deciding which to get first, Tires and Wheels or Bumper and winch.
were you going to run 35s stock or lift it?

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I’m having a hard time deciding which to get first, Tires and Wheels or Bumper and winch.
For the time being, I’m not gonna run 35’s at all. I’m on the stock AT’s which are 32’s and I had no problem taking on a “difficult” trail near big bear and without airing down my tires. Plus, I don’t look like I’m riding in a roller skate which was one of my biggest concerns of staying stock. If I were you I’d test the stock AT’s out first so you can get to know your ride and what it should handle like. The winch is probably the better investment now, just my .02

Sponsored

OldSkull

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
For the time being, I’m not gonna run 35’s at all. I’m on the stock AT’s which are 32’s and I had no problem taking on a “difficult” trail near big bear and without airing down my tires. Plus, I don’t look like I’m riding in a roller skate which was one of my biggest concerns of staying stock. If I were you I’d test the stock AT’s out first so you can get to know your ride and what it should handle like. The winch is probably the better investment now, just my .02
Right on thanks, sounds like a good start.

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Right on thanks, sounds like a good start.
you got it. Might upset 99.9% of the guys that read this post but you also have the added bonus of not looking like every other jeep out there these days on black rhinos and 35’s by staying stock a little while longer. I was going to go the same route but grew tired of the overall look. Maybe just tired myself out with all the research, or maybe I’m jsut seeing them way too often where I live. Either way, I think the stock look on the stock AT’s is a good start for now!
Sponsored