No Gladiator Jeep Wave Love

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
The CJ wasnt a great seller. So the YJ went a different direction, including square headlights, but still had leaf springs. The headlights ate still a point of contention. The TJ was an upgrade for sure with stock coil suspension. But they eventually released the first unlimited, the "LJ" (dubbed Long Jeep by the community". These were longer 2 doors and only made for a couple years and still covered by many. These lead to the JK and the first 4 door. The 4 door option, mostly auto, and ease of "bolt on" mods made many "jeepers" mock them. They also were super popular and jeep really took off. This lead to every type of buyer purchasing jeeps, moms, show crowd, etc. The modded but unused jeeps became known as mall crawlers. Basically, every new model of jeep has been mocked for awhile until it settles in, and a new model comes out. I have owned from CJ up till now in jeeps and love the JT.
Love my JT too! Still have my TJ Golden Eagle... great little mountain goat! The 4L straight six is going strong, and by all accounts, will probably do so for another 100,000 miles! ;{
Sponsored

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
I mean I don't plan on waving at all with mine. I love the truck and I will definitely go on off road trips but I'm not a Jeeper.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
not all jeeps wave i noticed. i don't initiate the wave but if someone waves at me i wave back, common courtesy. so then it becomes a comical situation where i don't wave but stare at them; but if they wave at the very last second and i don't i just can't help but think that they think i'm an ass.

Gladicon

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Retired
Wife drives a 2015 Renegade Trail Hawk, I still have my 11 JK Rubi Unlimited with lifetime 0 :) deductible warranty, I will keep till I die.
Added the JT Rubi last May, one of the first to come out.......
I wave most wave back....

Reactions: Tim

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I probably pass 75+ Jeeps a day; I find it tough to keep up. Iā€™m at the point now that Iā€™ll wave if I see you waving at me or if itā€™s something pretty cool that catches my eye. With as many Jeeps as there are down here, they really blend in with everything else.

Make no mistake; Iā€™m definitely a Jeeper. First car was a Wrangler and I canā€™t count how many other Jeeps in between.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It's not a thing in Iowa. Iowans ignore all laws and rules and never really get into the big coastal trends. Things start out west or east and typically don't make it all the way here. They are very independent here. Even on the Red Green show a nod was given to how we are in Iowa.

So I was shocked, then not shocked, while on I35 south on the west side of Des Moines yesterday saw a JT passing us and someone on the passenger side did the Jeep wave thing and I quickly tried to respond (I was so surprised) then as they passed (I was slowing for an upcoming exit - and it was raining) I realized - no wonder they waved, that was absolutely not an Iowa plate on that JT.

So if anyone here was heading south in Iowa on Interstate 35 on the west side of Des Moines and saw a hydro blue JT, body color fenders and roof, yeah, that was us. Caught the wave - cool.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I rarely, if ever, miss a wave. If they're looking in my general direction, they tend to wave or wave back.

A few weeks back, I had the Jeep naked and was flying an American flag on a hitch mounted pole. I even got a honk on that day.

Mito

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Draftman
Iā€™ve had my Gladiator for 8 months now. My wife didnā€™t know about the Jeep Wave. She kept thinking I just had many friends with Jeeps. Till once she she saw a female Jeep owner wave at us, so I kindly waved back. Oh man, I had a lot of explaining to do. She finally understood what the Jeep Wave is. Now when she drives the Gladdy, she waves at all Jeepā€™s, even the Grand Cherokees and the Compass types.
šŸ˜€
Sponsored