First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon White & Jeep Gladiator LE Rubicon Granite Crystal
Occupation
NAVY
Sometimes I think people are just overwhelmed by the ruggedness of these beast and are intimidated by them>
I have Tons of Non Jeep People pull me over just to see both of my LE Rubicons.
The other night this guy drive a H2 about ran over a shopping cart in WallyMart trying to see my Granite Crystal Beast.
He pulls up and says that is Bad A$$ LOL
Sponsored

Skip The Road

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 4 Door
After 833 miles in 3 days it seem like the other Jeep guys get rubber necker syndrome which causes a paralysis in their waving arm and hand. But seriously it seems we can't wave and gawk at the same time.

Plippi07

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I live in north Florida and have noticed less ā€œJeep Wavesā€. I had a lifted jku on 35s before and got plenty. Maybe itā€™s envy maybe they donā€™t think weā€™re a real ā€œjeepā€. The world may never know

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
I live in an area with alot of real jeepers. We always give the 2 finger wave. No Forrest gump action. The JT itself gets alot of Forrest gumpers from every vehicle. Stop lights people roll down windows and wanna talk, and i have come out of somewhere couple of times to find someone hanging out waiting in the parking lot to talk.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
So Weird, I get Jeep Waves in my Rubi...but not so much love when crossing paths with other Jeepers in the Gladiator. Anybody else? Gladiator envy? LOL
Theyā€™ll come around! ;{

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I live in north Florida and have noticed less ā€œJeep Wavesā€. I had a lifted jku on 35s before and got plenty. Maybe itā€™s envy maybe they donā€™t think weā€™re a real ā€œjeepā€. The world may never know
I dint consider the renegades commander or patriot a real jeep and dont wave at those

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Well, the Renegade Trail Hawk is a very capable Jeep! While not quite a Rock Crawler, it can go a lot of places that some 4WD vehicles struggle with.
Cheers

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
I dint consider the renegades commander or patriot a real jeep and dont wave at those
I wonder if two door wrangler owners say/said the same about the four door wrangler.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
I wonder if two door wrangler owners say/said the same about the four door wrangler.
They (we) did... when the JK first came out! Itā€™s funny... come to think of it... the same complaints and criticisms, weā€™re hearing about the JT, are the same things we said about the JK! ā€œItā€™s not a ā€˜realā€™ Jeep!ā€, ā€œItā€™s too long!ā€, ā€œItā€™ll never be a rock crawler!ā€, ā€œItā€™s an SUV mall crawler!ā€, ā€œItā€™ll never catch on!ā€, ā€œItā€™ll never make it off-road!ā€, ā€œItā€™s too big!ā€ lol!;{

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, the Renegade Trail Hawk is a very capable Jeep! While not quite a Rock Crawler, it can go a lot of places that some 4WD vehicles struggle with.
Cheers
Itā€™s still not a Wrangler! ;{

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
No, it is a different vehicle, with some similarities, but very different drive train implementation. The Trailhawk Renegade is not a Wrangler or CJ, but shares some heritage, it does have higher ground clearance than the Fiat and can do things the Fiat can not, including some difficult Colorado mountain trails.
Cheers

Last edited:

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Isnt the Renegade just a fiat 500? They couldnt sell it here so they slapped a Jeep label on it.
Pretty much! A beefed up 500! I got no problem with FCA offering a mixed bag, under the Jeep banner... my wife has a Cherokee Latitude (4x4 with 3.2L V6, and 31in KO2s) great car... Iā€™ve got a TJ Golden Eagle, along with my JTLE... so weā€™re a Jeep family! But, ā€œWranglerā€ (and all pre Wrangler Flatfenders, CJs, Willys, etc...), are the quintessential ā€œJeepā€... and the JT is Wrangler to the core! ;{

Reactions: Tim

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
They (we) did... when the JK first came out! Itā€™s funny... come to think of it... the same complaints and criticisms, weā€™re hearing about the JT, are the same things we said about the JK! ā€œItā€™s not a ā€˜realā€™ Jeep!ā€, ā€œItā€™s too long!ā€, ā€œItā€™ll never be a rock crawler!ā€, ā€œItā€™s an SUV mall crawler!ā€, ā€œItā€™ll never catch on!ā€, ā€œItā€™ll never make it off-road!ā€, ā€œItā€™s too big!ā€ lol!;{
The CJ wasnt a great seller. So the YJ went a different direction, including square headlights, but still had leaf springs. The headlights ate still a point of contention. The TJ was an upgrade for sure with stock coil suspension. But they eventually released the first unlimited, the "LJ" (dubbed Long Jeep by the community". These were longer 2 doors and only made for a couple years and still covered by many. These lead to the JK and the first 4 door. The 4 door option, mostly auto, and ease of "bolt on" mods made many "jeepers" mock them. They also were super popular and jeep really took off. This lead to every type of buyer purchasing jeeps, moms, show crowd, etc. The modded but unused jeeps became known as mall crawlers. Basically, every new model of jeep has been mocked for awhile until it settles in, and a new model comes out. I have owned from CJ up till now in jeeps and love the JT.
Sponsored