Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Admissions Advisor
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chance_P, what lift, tires and wheels do you have? Trying to make a decision on what I want to go with and I like the look you have. I have the Black Rubicon version.
Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Drove it from Pennsylvania to Florida for Christmas. First time taking the top and doors off.

20191225_084726.jpg
20191224_083903.jpg

erinoutdoors

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE Firecracker Red
Anyone have a picture of what it looks like with just the front 2 doors off? Wondering if it looks ok or ridiculous. Still raining/snowing l in WA so won’t know until spring!

Sponsored

rodhotter

Banned
Banned
First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan frontier SV 2001 audi TT 225Q
the versatility of the gladiator was my interest as i like open air, BUT the lack of a decent box to haul as this is not just a toy + one truck is costly + add the fact that theirs too many doors killed my interest!! loose the back doors + use the room for a real box!!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Anyone have a picture of what it looks like with just the front 2 doors off? Wondering if it looks ok or ridiculous. Still raining/snowing l in WA so won’t know until spring!
Here is one from about a month ago when I had a really nice day ou .

20191229_114411.jpg

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Drove it from Pennsylvania to Florida for Christmas. First time taking the top and doors off.

20191225_084726.jpg
20191224_083903.jpg
Hey! Just the same 2 weeks ago...heading back to the cold end of the month...

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
@eaglerugby04, How are you liking the Diamondback?
I really like it. Completely waterproof except for a tiny leak on the right. I think its because it is slightly crooked from me installing by myself. Going to measure, perfectly center, and get help before I suspect it is a problem with it. Haven't hauled on the top of it yet, but I have been on there as well as my kids and it is solid.

Install was kind of a pain to get everything tightened down just right. Too tight and I need to stand on it to close it, or the tailgate won't open, too lose and the water gets in. I had to have the kids stand on it while adjusting the closer bars.

I have two complaints it requires keys to unlock the top panels and it doesn't seem like it is truly built for the gladiator and more just a tacoma one with different hardware or something. I really wish there was a release inside so I don't need to use the key everytime.

What kind of top do you have on your JT?
This is just the standard soft top. It is just sitting on my bed cover when I took this photo. Installed some thumb screws so I can quickly detach it.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I have two complaints it requires keys to unlock the top panels and it doesn't seem like it is truly built for the gladiator and more just a tacoma one with different hardware or something. I really wish there was a release inside so I don't need to use the key everytime.
Thanks much. The Tacoma thing may explain how they had one available for the JT so quickly.
Are you saying you can't open/access the panels without a key? Boo to that. Thanks again. With the shallow bed, I like the idea of lashing things on top.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Thanks much. The Tacoma thing may explain how they had one available for the JT so quickly.
Are you saying you can't open/access the panels without a key? Boo to that. Thanks again. With the shallow bed, I like the idea of lashing things on top.
Yep. Luckily they are both keyed the same and they give 4 copies with it.

This cover was the perfect choice for me though. I never plan on using the bed other than storage, since at only 5ft in length the back of my van honestly has more room ( I seriously took the van a few weeks ago to lowes when I needed 8ft poles and 12 foot boards, lol). I also have a 16ft trailer for when I really need to haul something. The nice thing about the top load capacity is if I really need to haul something and don't want to bust out the trailer I pretty much have all the functionality of the bed anyways by strapping whatever I need on top.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Here is one from about a month ago when I had a really nice day ou .

20191229_114411.jpg
Could you post some pictures of the DB locks engaging the side rails and the hold down clamps? Thanks
Sponsored