OEMAudioPlus speaker upgrade kit

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Anyone have any experience with their speaker upgrade packages?
  • Front 1″ Soft Dome Tweeters (2)
  • Front 4″ Wideband Speakers (2)
  • Rear 1″ Soft Dome Tweeters (2)
  • Rear 4″ Wideband Speakers (2)
  • Total of eight (8) Speakers
I won these in a giveaway on Instagram and real curious if anyone has heard them because I don’t want to tear the dash apart to replace the knees more than once lol.
On their website the complete package has a amp and digital processor (a sub available also) so the complete set is powered, what I’m getting isn’t coming with a amp or sub but I’ll likely be adding a sub/s (I messaged them asking what I could buy the rest of the system for and haven’t heard back) may need to get a amp to power theses as well. I really like the sub enclosure they use, it sits behind the seat and leaves the under seat storage and just plain looks clean! Every other sub box I’ve seen replaces the under seat storage

If you’ve heard/seen the system let me know what you thought!
Sponsored

MainePure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Water Boss
I would probably wait until I could get the rest of the package and do it all at once. It looks very tastefully integrated while covering all the major upgrades one might make. I'd be so stoked if I won those speakers like you did lol.

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
I would probably wait until I could get the rest of the package and do it all at once. It looks very tastefully integrated while covering all the major upgrades one might make. I'd be so stoked if I won those speakers like you did lol.
I’m stoked but I really thought it was a scam lol, I had already bought replacement speakers from Crutchfield but hadn’t installed them yet, they’ll be going back. Still waiting for OEM to get back with me to see if I can buy the rest of the system.

Last edited:

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
The cost for the whole system is high. Good luck with seeing if they will sell the rest of the full system to you. I wish they made the sub enclosure smaller as I use the space behind my back seats and under. If you do get the full system I would be curious on how it changes the sound and the time to install all of it. Do you have the Alpine system or the standard audio?

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
People who post about stuff like this without posting links are my favorite kind of people 🙄

Sponsored

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
The $2500 price tag for the full package doesn't seem that bad after I started pricing out a full system individually. There aren't too many reviews of this system, especially just the speakers. Considering the headunit doesn't power the factor speakers very well as it is, I wouldn't expect too much out of just their speakers. Let us know when they reach out to you about the rest of the package. Then again, they were free so who cares.

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
I have the full system in my 2020 .. Sound is decent but there are some gotchas...

1. If you are upgrading from the 8.4 Alpine system, you need to replace the entire back plastic piece behind the seats.
  2. The subwoofer is big.. it takes up all the space behind the seats.
  3. The subwoofer is a pain in the ass to take out when you realize that all the control modules for remote start, the trail cam etc... are behind that rear panel. I definitely would have done things in a different order had I known but I did it in the order stuff arrived, not the order that made me disassemble my interior only once !
  4. The amplifiers, or maybe the DAC, is input triggered ... so they only turn on when there is sound. This has the weird side effect of, if you aren't already playing music, loosing the first word or two in navigation directions. It hasn't bothered me enough to figure out the "what" part is doing this but it did take me surprisingly long to realize why I was missing the first couple words of each direction one day ....

https://oemaudioplus.com/product/jeep-gladiator/

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
People who post about stuff like this without posting links are my favorite kind of people 🙄
And your one of my favorite kinda people, post a smart ass comment when you clearly don’t have the system I asked if anyone had experience with or a link wouldn’t be needed.
Google is your friend :facepalm:

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
The cost for the whole system is high. Good luck with seeing if they will sell the rest of the full system to you. I wish they made the sub enclosure smaller as I use the space behind my back seats and under. If you do get the full system I would be curious on how it changes the sound and the time to install all of it. Do you have the Alpine system or the standard audio?
I have the Alpine system. Speakers are supposed to be here tomorrow so I’ll see how they sound and report back

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
I have the full system in my 2020 .. Sound is decent but there are some gotchas...

1. If you are upgrading from the 8.4 Alpine system, you need to replace the entire back plastic piece behind the seats.
  2. The subwoofer is big.. it takes up all the space behind the seats.
  3. The subwoofer is a pain in the ass to take out when you realize that all the control modules for remote start, the trail cam etc... are behind that rear panel. I definitely would have done things in a different order had I known but I did it in the order stuff arrived, not the order that made me disassemble my interior only once !
  4. The amplifiers, or maybe the DAC, is input triggered ... so they only turn on when there is sound. This has the weird side effect of, if you aren't already playing music, loosing the first word or two in navigation directions. It hasn't bothered me enough to figure out the "what" part is doing this but it did take me surprisingly long to realize why I was missing the first couple words of each direction one day ....

https://oemaudioplus.com/product/jeep-gladiator/
Thanks for the info!
The $2500 dollar question is….would you buy it again?
I’m looking for better than decent so I may end up just going with a sub box and a couple of amps the old fashioned way

Sponsored

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
Thanks for the info!
The $2500 dollar question is….would you buy it again?
I’m looking for better than decent so I may end up just going with a sub box and a couple of amps the old fashioned way
Oh definitely. No regrets. Its a very well built system that is 100% plug and play and I value that... long gone are the days where I can bend my body into a pretzel to work up under the dash for hours trying to splice wires and find a place to mount a amplifier that "just" doesn't fit.......

The reality is we drive giant bricks on huge off road tires, half the time with the roof and doors off. Add the obnoxious muffler I have and I need volume more than quality.... but sitting at the mall, with one tire up on the curb, it sounds awesome

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Oh definitely. No regrets. Its a very well built system that is 100% plug and play and I value that... long gone are the days where I can bend my body into a pretzel to work up under the dash for hours trying to splice wires and find a place to mount a amplifier that "just" doesn't fit.......

The reality is we drive giant bricks on huge off road tires, half the time with the roof and doors off. Add the obnoxious muffler I have and I need volume more than quality.... but sitting at the mall, with one tire up on the curb, it sounds awesome
Damn it, now you have me thinking i’d he better off going with their system, assuming they’ll sell me just the other parts at a decent price lol. They did reply to me yesterday that they’d get back to me with a answer but I haven’t heard yea or nay yet. Thanks again for the input

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
So OEM got back with me, they want $1998 for the rest of the system. The 8 speaker package I won came today and I installed the dash tweets and the 4 sound bar speakers (need more time to install the knee pods) and have to say the difference is very noticeable without any amplification.

I already ordered a sub box with 2-10’s and amp prior to winning these or I’d probably give the whole system a shot. Seeing as I’d have to order the other 2 panels at about $400ish that would put me at around $2400 vs $1100 I’ve already spent so I’ll probably just stick with what I have coming and hope for the best.

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
So OEM got back with me, they want $1998 for the rest of the system. The 8 speaker package I won came today and I installed the dash tweets and the 4 sound bar speakers (need more time to install the knee pods) and have to say the difference is very noticeable without any amplification.

I already ordered a sub box with 2-10’s and amp prior to winning these or I’d probably give the whole system a shot. Seeing as I’d have to order the other 2 panels at about $400ish that would put me at around $2400 vs $1100 I’ve already spent so I’ll probably just stick with what I have coming and hope for the best.
sounds like a smart move ... good luck with it !

OP
OP
Komato

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
sounds like a smart move ... good luck with it !
Thanks Wayne. I’ll try to remember to post some pics whenever the stuff shows up and I can get it installed
Sponsored