Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Diesel is more expensive than gas in most parts of the US and has been for the last 20 years, what is going to happen in the next year to change this?
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Diesel is more expensive than gas in most parts of the US and has been for the last 20 years, what is going to happen in the next year to change this?
Not everywhere.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Where? The price difference I always thought was federal taxes in the US which is higher on diesel than gas.
I’m sure someone will chime in with firsthand experience, but I’ve seen some members in the US mention it in other threads. Where I am in Canada, diesel is significantly cheaper.

And we’re taxed out the wahoo.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I’m sure someone will chime in with firsthand experience, but I’ve seen some members in the US mention it in other threads. Where I am in Canada, diesel is significantly cheaper.

And we’re taxed out the wahoo.
same in Germany where taxes and price per gallon are even more yet less on diesel relatively speaking. I have seen it mentioned here too for the US.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Economy Power.

The future holds much higher gasoline prices than Diesel. Watch this over the next year. I predict $4.50/gal gasoline prices by this time next year. Diesel $3.25.
That's very area/region specific. No matter where I look here Diesel is almost always at least 40-60 cents more expensive per gallon. The disparity has been over $1/gal before. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a good diesel and the extra torque and mileage gains it can bring, but this current diesel we have doesn't seem to live up to that. I also take usually pretty short trips of 15mi or less, so it wouldn't do so great for me anyways. I want the 4xe.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
In Oklahoma:
Jeep Gladiator Official Reveal: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 Hemi IMG_2100
Man, the only place I have to choose no ethanol gas around here is at a racing gas station far away from me, a reservoir (for boats) for away from me, and a few other places REALLY far away from me. Diesel's price discrepancy here is larger than your enthanol'd 87 and diesel.
Sponsored