Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
According to multiple sources/articles, the Pentastar engine was actually designed for supercharger and turbo applications.

Jeep Gladiator Production V8 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Hemi Spied! 1638C91C-7B16-4AAE-A780-7C9343BA89CA
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is that the gibbly mazarati thing with. Supercharged V6? Hmmmm.
If you look at the intake tubes, it appears to be twin-turbo....Or as they call them in European countries... "Bi-Turbo".

Deleted member 30519

One way or another, I will have a Hemi in a Gladiator, its just a matter of time. There are companies that can mate a 5.7L Hemi to my 6 spd. Transmission.

That's going to be the deal breaker for me though... They would need to offer it in a manual transmission to sway me away from installing it myself in my JTR. I would be very suprised to see them offer a manual Hemi Jeep. It would probably me automatic only like most of their SRT builds.

Either way I'm waiting, because I promised my wife I wouldn't do the engine swap while we still have warranty. But my eyes are peeled for cheap, written off, low km parts trucks to nab a 5.7 from. And a company that will offer a swap kit to do it myself.

If they bring out a manual transmission SRT V8 Gladiator I'll order one faster than my wife could say divorce. I think trading in or selling my jeep privately would be cheaper than building my own into a Hemi Jeep. Plus then its a special edition, warranty, and probably better engineered. Depends what they add to the package!

I'm really excited to see what they bring to the table, and hope its not 80 to 100k USD Raptor price territory. Price point may lead me to a DIY answer, being a mechanic by trade I have that luxury.

I truly love my Jeep, I really do. But when I drive my other 400whp hoon machine E39 M5, I get hooked back into wanting and needing that kinda power and V8 sound. Its addictive. And when fully loaded up and/or towing, my Jeep really struggles especially with the mountain grades I drive daily.
I doubt they will offer a hemi JL / JT in a 6spd manual. They wouldn't do it in the 2.0 Turbo or the 3.0 so I can't see them doing it for the hemi.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
According to multiple sources/articles, the Pentastar engine was actually designed for supercharger and turbo applications.
The 3.6L Pentastar block sleeved to a 3.0 with twin turbos by Ferrari for Maserati. 400 hp and 400 ft/lbs would pair well with our German Zf 8 speed auto. Sweet sound, but way more expensive than a 6.4 or 5.7 swap.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Wonder how much that long block would cost and if it is available

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Do y’all know that the German engineered 8 speed ZF rivals and negates the need for a dual clutch? The hp power this tranny can hold is up to 770! That down shifting some complain about is purposefully done BTW.

Deleted member 30519

Do y’all know that the German engineered 8 speed ZF rivals and negates the need for a dual clutch? The hp power this tranny can hold is up to 770! That down shifting some complain about is purposefully done BTW.
My auto JL was still such a bore. I guess Its good for the 0.3% of people who go over 500hp on the 8spd.

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
here is an email I got Monday

hero.jpg

YOU ASKED
WE LISTENED​
The Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392 concept is the adventure powerhouse you’ve been wishing to see. Featuring a V8 engine that produces at least 450 horsepower and 450 pound-feet of torque, this beast raises the bar in both on- and off-road capability.​
btn_view_wrangler.png
tile_one.jpg
MAY THE
BEST PUP WIN
Every adventure is better with your furry best friend, so we’re conducting The First Ever Jeep Brand Top Canine search1! Jeep Brand vehicle owners from across the country have submitted photos of their 4x4s and four-legged friends. Now, you can help decide which pooch has what it takes to bring home the crown.
tile_2_v2.jpg
EARN YOUR
BADGE OF HONOR​
Off-roading is a way of life. One that the Badge of Honor community celebrates and rewards. With new trails of all difficulty levels and added features like trail leaderboards and reviews, social sharing, events and more, the latest app update gives you even more reasons to head off-road.
btn_cast_vote.png
btn_expl_and_download.png
tile_3_no_WI.jpg
ENJOY SUMMER IN A JEEP BRAND SUV WITH GREAT DEALS
The Summer Clearance event is here to help you get back to the trails and trips with exceptional offers on Jeep Brand vehicles. Plus, online shopping allows you to purchase your new vehicle from home, with adventure delivered right to your driveway through select dealers2.
tile_4.jpg
RETURN TO THE ROAD
RETURN TO ADVENTURE​
As you set out on your road trip this summer, have peace of mind knowing that the Jeep Brand has you covered. Jeep Wave® members have unique benefits like trip interruption coverage and 24/7 owner support. Make sure to also get your Jeep Brand vehicle serviced before your trip with your no extra charge Jeep Wave maintenance benefits including oil changes and tire rotations.
btn_expl_incentives.png
btn_expl_benefits.png
tile_5.jpg
THE PERFECT JEEP BRAND VEHICLE COMPANION
With its 2-way satellite messaging, the new SPOT X Jeep Brand vehicles can help you stay in contact with friends, family and search and rescue services when you’re off the grid or beyond reliable cellular coverage.​
card.png
GET READY FOR
UNLIMITED CASH
REWARDS3!
Apply for the Jeep DrivePlusSMMastercard® and earn unlimited 5% back on Jeep dealership purchases, 2% back on gas and travel and 1% back spent on everything else3.
btn_learnmore.png
cta_get_started.png
This is a marketing message.

1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Contest entry period begins at 12:00 PM ET on 7/20/20 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on 8/3/20. Open only to legal residents of 50 US/DC who are 18 years or older and are dog owners (dog must be alive, vaccinated, licensed, well behaved, and able to travel). Click Here for Official Rules, including how to enter, judging and voting phase dates, odds, prize details and restrictions. Void where prohibited. Msg&data rates may apply. Sponsor: FCA US LLC., 1000 Chrysler Dr Auburn Hills, MI, 48326

2. Delivery fee may apply.

3. See Rewards Terms and Conditions in the Summary of Credit Terms for details, including earning, redemption, expiration or forfeiture. Percentage back is earned as points.

Cards are issued by First Bankcard®, a division of First National Bank of Omaha pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.

©2020 FCA US LLC. All Rights Reserved. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar, SRT and HEMI are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC. ALFA ROMEO and FIAT are registered trademarks of FCA Group Marketing S.p.A., used with permission.

The Facebook logo is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. The Twitter logo is a service mark of Twitter, Inc. Instagram is a service mark of Instagram, Inc. The YouTube logo is a registered trademark of Google LLC.

You received this email because of your interest in Jeep Brand vehicles. At Jeep Brand, we value your privacy. If you do not wish to receive further email communications from Jeep Brand News & Updates, click here.

Jeep Brand Email Headquarters, 1000 Chrysler Dr, DEPT 4850044, Auburn Hills, MI 48326, (800) 964-0600

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
My auto JL was still such a bore. I guess Its good for the 0.3% of people who go over 500hp on the 8spd.
The ZF 8sp is used in a lot of different vehicles from sports cars to luxury SUV’s for example Rolls Royce.

Scratching my head on the “bore” thing, a wrangler a bore? How can top off, doors off, perfect 78* summer evening on back country roads be anything close to boring? it’s a Jeep thing, I don’t think you understand.

Really, if you’re looking for go fast HP, you need a second vehicle. For me will soon be a 2010 red manual 5.0L GT mustang.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
One way or another, I will have a Hemi in a Gladiator, its just a matter of time. There are companies that can mate a 5.7L Hemi to my 6 spd. Transmission.

That's going to be the deal breaker for me though... They would need to offer it in a manual transmission to sway me away from installing it myself in my JTR. I would be very suprised to see them offer a manual Hemi Jeep. It would probably me automatic only like most of their SRT builds.

Either way I'm waiting, because I promised my wife I wouldn't do the engine swap while we still have warranty. But my eyes are peeled for cheap, written off, low km parts trucks to nab a 5.7 from. And a company that will offer a swap kit to do it myself.

If they bring out a manual transmission SRT V8 Gladiator I'll order one faster than my wife could say divorce. I think trading in or selling my jeep privately would be cheaper than building my own into a Hemi Jeep. Plus then its a special edition, warranty, and probably better engineered. Depends what they add to the package!

I'm really excited to see what they bring to the table, and hope its not 80 to 100k USD Raptor price territory. Price point may lead me to a DIY answer, being a mechanic by trade I have that luxury.

I truly love my Jeep, I really do. But when I drive my other 400whp hoon machine E39 M5, I get hooked back into wanting and needing that kinda power and V8 sound. Its addictive. And when fully loaded up and/or towing, my Jeep really struggles especially with the mountain grades I drive daily.

Agreed on the dealbreaker. I'm so glad to be shifting gears again after a few automatic trucks, I can't go back. I'd love a bit more grumble, because, hey, why not... but not at the expense of the manual.

But if they did it, I'm buying.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
5.7 Hemi with a 6 Speed Manual and 7K tow rating would be very nice.
Imagine the tow-rating with the 6.4 SRT 450/450 motor they plan on putting in the Wrangler, but in a JTR or Max Tow... If they reinforce the frame and put some slightly beefier springs, it should bump it up to around 8,500 lbs. Which would be a REALLY nice tow vehicle for mid-sized boats in the 7,000 lbs. or less dry weight range. Which would be all I would need to justify selling my Cummins for a very large cash-in-my-pocket price. Because I would like to get a Fountain 29 Fever (speed boat) or Fountain 29 CC (center console) for offshore fishing, and they're just a BIT too heavy for a JTR or Max Tow once you include fuel, gear, people in the truck, etc... So, reinforced frame, beefier rear springs, and a large bump in performance would be exactly what I need.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
It was designed for turbocharging and direct injection.

However, the story is that early DI testing yielded such poor results, that it prompted the development of the upcoming I6 based on the 2.0.
Sponsored