Sponsored

Oh no, lack of parts may happen.

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Reduced mpg regulation is great for car people. It allows the manufacturers to design cool vehicles like the gladiator. What if it was shaped like an egg? Life would suck.
Sponsored

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
This is not a place to discuss politics but rather a kick ass Jeep that originated in the military. A military that protects you and I and our families.

this is not a place to talk politics rather a place to unite us under the topic of a kick ass Jeep. Both parties do a great job of dividing our nation so it would be great if we could leave that at the door here. I don’t care who you support, voted for, or wanted to vote for. All I can say though is it is because of the current financial climate that I am able to purchase this kick ass Jeep.

Unemployment rate next to 0 drives competition for employment driving up employees pay. Reduced government regulations let’s the manufacturers do more of what is good for the consumer (us) and lower tax rate or at least a more simple tax code puts more money in our paychecks so we can squirrel it away faster and start collecting interest which is also at its highest rate in a while.

But let’s not talk politics ;-)
I’m well aware of the Military’s protection to our nation as I’ve only been back to being a “civilian” for 6 months now. That may be part of the reason this discussion regarding titles and proper terms of address compelled me to comment.

For one, OP and @LeadUtensil (as he pointed out) are entitled to voice their thoughts and opinions, to include addressing the President as whatever they feel like.

Second, correcting an individual on an Internet forum about how they addressed a sitting President who has disparaged multiple members of the Military illustrates a disconnect in priorities.

Lastly, using members of the military to seemingly guilt trip me about my comments would work better if I hadn’t actually served. Never mind seeing a retired Marine and Secretary of Defense be publicly lambasted by the President—I suppose we shouldn’t even get into his views on Prisoners of War. Maybe my perception of your words is incorrect, but I’ve seen this happen before and the intent is usually one in the same. Please don’t take that as a personal attack; I just want you to understand where I’m coming from—for all I know you’ve served as well and see things differently than I do.

I don’t believe this is politics, and merely highlights your point of people showing their ignorance...

Credit where credit is due, you’re right about the economy. I’m in a fortunate position that allows me the ability to purchase a Gladiator without question.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I’m well aware of the Military’s protection to our nation as I’ve only been back to being a “civilian” for 6 months now. That may be part of the reason this discussion regarding titles and proper terms of address compelled me to comment.

For one, OP and @LeadUtensil (as he pointed out) are entitled to voice their thoughts and opinions, to include addressing the President as whatever they feel like.

Second, correcting an individual on an Internet forum about how they addressed a sitting President who has disparaged multiple members of the Military illustrates a disconnect in priorities.

Lastly, using members of the military to seemingly guilt trip me about my comments would work better if I hadn’t actually served. Never mind seeing a retired Marine and Secretary of Defense be publicly lambasted by the President—I suppose we shouldn’t even get into his views on Prisoners of War. Maybe my perception of your words is incorrect, but I’ve seen this happen before and the intent is usually one in the same. Please don’t take that as a personal attack; I just want you to understand where I’m coming from—for all I know you’ve served as well and see things differently than I do.

I don’t believe this is politics, and merely highlights your point of people showing their ignorance...

Credit where credit is due, you’re right about the economy. I’m in a fortunate position that allows me the ability to purchase a Gladiator without question.
Thank you for your service. I had second thoughts about that portion of my comment and thought I retracted it. Hence the choppy post.

Sponsored

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
Thank you for your service. I had second thoughts about that portion of my comment and thought I retracted it. Hence the choppy post.
Seriously man, no harm no foul! As a personal rule, I generally avoid the “as a veteran card”. I mostly see it as a cop out to make others who may not have been in the military feel as though their position doesn’t matter, which is far from reality considering what the intent of the military is. My statements and beliefs are no more important than yours.

What I was trying to get across (albeit ineffectively) was the respect that is given to the Office of the President, and the individuals themselves, should be fairly applied to others who have positions that garner similar respect. As Americans, we should demand that our leaders practice the small amount of effort that goes along with customs and courtesies, of which both parties habitually violate.

We should also recognize and practice the many rights that are inherent to being a United States citizen as many of us do on this forum.

Still not sure about OP, though... Might be a little too far north to reap some of these benefits besides the Gladiator!

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I don't think the OP was trying to be purposely disrespectful
Well excuse me for my ignorance, disrespect, and any other things you wish to sling at me
for calling your President Mr.
So, back to the topic I originally posted please.
PRESIDENT Donald Trump did actually make this statement about the border this
past Thursday and Friday. I saw it on TV. Unless it was done by a imposter, then it may be "fake news".
Seems only one or two posts here so far actually mention what I was referring to in regards
to the border possibly be closed.
I see it as a problem for many reasons, but was talking about it in relation to Jeep.
That is what this forum is supposed to about, right?
Keep it on topic please.
Pretty sure the forums for politics and policies aren't talking about Jeeps, unless it has to do
with 7000 JT's for border patrol.:LOL:

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Well excuse me for my ignorance, disrespect, and any other things you wish to sling at me
for calling your President Mr.
So, back to the topic I originally posted please.
PRESIDENT Donald Trump did actually make this statement about the border this
past Thursday and Friday. I saw it on TV. Unless it was done by a imposter, then it may be "fake news".
Seems only one or two posts here so far actually mention what I was referring to in regards
to the border possibly be closed.
I see it as a problem for many reasons, but was talking about it in relation to Jeep.
That is what this forum is supposed to about, right?
Keep it on topic please.
Pretty sure the forums for politics and policies aren't talking about Jeeps, unless it has to do
with 7000 JT's for border patrol.:LOL:
The 7000 JT's are to carry plywood to the border for trump's border wall!!