First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thank you Kate. After near 4 full days, 5 calls and promises to follow up earlier, I have been contacted by a case manager today and looking forward to working through the process.
Glad to hear it, thank you for the update.

Kate
Jeep Cares

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
Look at the video below at the 5:20 mark where the body mates to the frame. You can see the body mount bolts pre-loaded in the assembly jig to a motorized install tool. That tool will record both turns of the bolt and final torque. That info is computer logged and will flag the assembly line if your bolts were missing or installed wrong.

99.99% sure your Gladiator did not leave the factory missing body bolts.

I'd say show this video to your "installer" and tell them you don't believe their story and then see how they start making other excuses. This is exactly why your initial inquiries to your dealer and Jeep customer service were addressed in the manner they were.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The body mount bolts have red locktite on them and the nut is wedged into a steel mount. To remove the body mount bolts without breaking them or freeing the nut, you have to heat them up to melt the red locktite and then turn 1/4 inch loosen and 1/8 inch tighten until you clear the red locktite.

That being said, people on this forum have solved the "nut coming loose" issue under warranty. So, you should definitely fight to get it fixed under warranty.

Sponsored

MRW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 JK8, 2015 JKUR, 1986 CJ7...........
When my body was removed for a hemi swap (at 2500 miles), there were numerous nuts and bolts that were only finger tight or missing. Two of the body mount bolts were loose. I went through all the nuts and bolts on critical areas and made sure there were not any other that were loose. That exercise may have taken a half hour and helped me get familiar with my Jeep. I put Rockslide power steps on about 12 months later and all bolts were tight and I had no issue loosening them to install the Rockslide Powersteps.

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
FCA (Stellantis) customer service is as helpful as a broken lug wrench. All you get from them is see the dealer.

allenjh

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
If the shop you paid to install them is worth a squirt, they'd resolve this issue for you. Unfortunately, this is why I'm holding off on installing sliders other than the factory Rubi rails for the time being -- Or, just paying the dealer to do it even though I can. Sucky situation but yeah, not Jeep's issues.
It is not that hard to install them yourself. I just installed Rockhard 4x4 rail on my JTR, this weekend. Took me about 4 hours to get both sides done.

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
It is not that hard to install them yourself. I just installed Rockhard 4x4 rail on my JTR, this weekend. Took me about 4 hours to get both sides done.
I agree and actually pulled my body bolts over the weekend before purchasing. 🤙🏻

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I removed all my body mount bolts with a long handled ratchet, no impact tool. Greased the threads on the new grade 12.9 allen bolts I installed with the Rock Hard sliders. The point is this--if the tech is careful and does not use an earthquake impact gun, etc. he will not just break them off. The induction heater is a good idea too, but I did not use one. If the installer saw missing bolts, he would have told you before starting, so he would not have been blamed later. Since he did not, it is a very big indicator that he broke them and is trying to slide out of blame. IFAIK no one else has ever reported that their Jeep was missing any of the body mount bolts. A number of owners reported breaking a bolt if too much violence was used in removing it.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting it fixed properly to continue warranty coverage is my concern. Who broke them is beyond my concern at this point.
The company that installed the sliders should have just replaced them without even mentioning it to you. The bolts are probably $1 each. And if the truck is in the air its about 1 minute of labor.

There are no warranty coverage issues. Get new bolts, end of issue. What warranty are you worried about.

Nothing can "void" the warranty.
Jeep may deny a claim based on specific circumstances. But a warranty can't be "voided".

In other words, if you pt an aftermarket trailer hitch on your jeep and then tow 20,000 lbs and bend the frame, they would correctly deny your claim to warranty the frame. But if your power windows also failed, they would have to warranty that, because your screw up had nothing to do with the power windows.

OP
OP

Nhjeep

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Consultant
I'd say show this video to your "installer" and tell them you don't believe their story and then see how they start making other excuses. This is exactly why your initial inquiries to your dealer and Jeep customer service were addressed in the manner they were.
Agr
Any one else have difficulty getting a response from jeep Customer service?

Been 3 days since I called and opens a case. Was told Id have some one contact me in on business day. I am on the third business and 3 follow up calls later all I am getting is a promise for follow up.

It appears my 2021 JTM was delivered missing two body mounts bolts. This was discovered by the company putting my rock rails on. Dealer says I am SOL and must pay for it. 1300 miles.

Any advice any one?

FB_IMG_1622636787805.jpg
Thank you all for sharing. The good bad and nasty. Jeep Customer service was great once the case was properly assigned. I understand there was lag in response because the case was initially improperly assigned. Be persistent. As you all guessed the case was declined for warranty. I assumed it would be declined from the beginning. What was most important is following the process to insure I had all bases covered should further issues happen. The dealer is fixing. I am paying. Jeep Customer service threw in a cookie or two of other incentives for being a 20 year Jeep Customer.

As for who broke the bolt and why one is completely missing. I'll never know. I could spend time making assumptions but chose to share the truth to my knowledge. Time to move on.

Thank you

@JeepCares

Hank_

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Mojave, 1941 Willys
Occupation
Ford and Jeep warranty claim analyst.
Agr

Thank you all for sharing. The good bad and nasty. Jeep Customer service was great once the case was properly assigned. I understand there was lag in response because the case was initially improperly assigned. Be persistent. As you all guessed the case was declined for warranty. I assumed it would be declined from the beginning. What was most important is following the process to insure I had all bases covered should further issues happen. The dealer is fixing. I am paying. Jeep Customer service threw in a cookie or two of other incentives for being a 20 year Jeep Customer.

As for who broke the bolt and why one is completely missing. I'll never know. I could spend time making assumptions but chose to share the truth to my knowledge. Time to move on.

Thank you

@JeepCares
I'm glad you got a resolution you are comfortable with and can let it go. Dealing with little things like that can drive me crazy. Jeep on.

Hank

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I removed all my body mount bolts with a long handled ratchet, no impact tool. Greased the threads on the new grade 12.9 allen bolts I installed with the Rock Hard sliders. The point is this--if the tech is careful and does not use an earthquake impact gun, etc. he will not just break them off. The induction heater is a good idea too, but I did not use one. If the installer saw missing bolts, he would have told you before starting, so he would not have been blamed later. Since he did not, it is a very big indicator that he broke them and is trying to slide out of blame. IFAIK no one else has ever reported that their Jeep was missing any of the body mount bolts. A number of owners reported breaking a bolt if too much violence was used in removing it.
Induction heater for the win. This exactly how I installed mines.

20201109_172858.jpg

20201109_131914.jpg

20201109_171318.jpg
Sponsored