Sponsored

OKAY, I get it I'm new.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
But what the heck is the deal with all the plywood? Serious question. Obviously its an inside joke. But dangit, I just wanna be able to laugh too.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
But what the heck is the deal with all the plywood? Serious question. Obviously its an inside joke. But dangit, I just wanna be able to laugh too.
Guess you'll just have to PM Stephen707 and politely ask him if he can "explain" - it's "his Baby" ! Let us all know if you find your "pot of gold" from him ! ;)

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Ba ha ha @steppen707
And Bam I said it! Lol I said a few months ago the new people would look through this forum and be like wtf is up with all this plywood

Sponsored

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
I would legit stick a "plywood rated" badge on my JT when I get it! Someone needs to make it.
Big thanks to @pixeldecals for coming up with the first Plywood Rated badge. Not sure what all the different mediums he can put this on, but so far it sounds like decals, banners, maybe even magnets.

From my interactions, he's super nice (actually don't know if he's a guy or gal, i think guy thought, lol). Very prompt, reasonable and accommodating.

plywood-600x600.jpg

https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/Plywood-Rated-Decal
Good Idea!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I would legit stick a "plywood rated" badge on my JT when I get it! Someone needs to make it.
You're in luck, the JT hauls plywood, without notching (though no photos of ply in the bed yet, there's. Contest about that somewhere) , AND we have decals.

There's also a support group Plywood Club. @pilotpat is the first family to get the family plywood award, (very prestigious)! I blame the Plywood Elves that did this to my garage.

There's a thread where Mark Allen shows plywood in the JT, but their marketing department clearly faked it. :angry:

20190415_195957.jpg

OP
OP
MPETE

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Thanks for including me in the inside joke y'all. I feel privileged now.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I started this. Look at my post thread about a “possible plywood problem.”
Oh ! Sorry I didn't know, wasn't trying to "cut you out," . . . Steph, it's all your fault ! :LOL: ;).

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey Lou, no problem. It’s all “good” plywood. Steffan707 knows that too. As we all know he’s the plywood expert. Can’t wait to see the plywood in the bed of his Gladiator with a notch cut out for the gas line if needed. Really also waiting to see the first picture of any plywood in any Gladiator. If it fits nicely around the gas pipe then hey it’s my fault. I just suspected the possible problem, don’t know for certain. We shall see.
Sponsored