Sponsored

On-board Air Compressors...is it really worth it?

OP
OP
Dewyaw

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
You should air down any time you get away from pavement.
If for no other reason...your kidneys will beg for it.

I can't agree with this enough. I have taken the JT off-road a handful of times and only recently, after getting my onboard air, have I aired down. The difference in the ride was astounding.

I installed the Innovative JK kit because I wanted it in the cab and it looks clean. I waited until I sold my stock Rubi wheels/tires before I could justify cost.

https://innovativeatproducts.com/sh...ith-arb-twin-compressor-ckmta12-package-deal/

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
I addition to airing up...if you run an oil-free air filter, and you use the compressor to blow dust out of your filter on the trail...keeps filter life up and engine cleaner.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
ebay, type ckma12 or ckmta12. These are "discounted arb" compressors without badging. Come exactly like name branded, look exactly the same, and seem to function exactly the same. Warranty? Yea same 2 yr warranty, but u gotta contact buyer. Only issue i had so far is that the diode in the ignition wire was put in backwards, simple fix.

UTRZRDOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Self Employed
Does anyone know if Innovative is still in business? I have sent over two messages and nobody replies back. I am wanting to purchase their kit for my Rubicon but may have to look elsewhere if they are no longer around.

Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if Innovative is still in business? I have sent over two messages and nobody replies back. I am wanting to purchase their kit for my Rubicon but may have to look elsewhere if they are no longer around.
Maybe its the holidays?

I ordered mine a month or 2 ago and have used it a couple of times.

UTRZRDOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Self Employed
Maybe its the holidays?

I ordered mine a month or 2 ago and have used it a couple of times.
Sure hope they are still around in that this looks like a pretty nice set up for the money.

Thanks

OP
OP
Dewyaw

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Sure hope they are still around in that this looks like a pretty nice set up for the money.

Thanks
Link for what you are talking about?

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
I went with ARB under seat. Yes it is more money.

Sponsored

Dan_Ballard_Offroad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danballardphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Putdoor Photographer
Just to add one more voice....airing down offroad is one of most important things you can do. For rough "chatter", dirt roads with tons of small bumps, rocks, washboard I honestly think airing is a bigger help smoothing things out then shocks! It's that important. The bigger the tire (and smaller the wheel) the more difference it makes.

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to add one more voice....airing down offroad is one of most important things you can do. For rough "chatter", dirt roads with tons of small bumps, rocks, washboard I honestly think airing is a bigger help smoothing things out then shocks! It's that important. The bigger the tire (and smaller the wheel) the more difference it makes.
I just want to echo this.

I was just in FL running mostly on sand. I aired down after driving around for 10 or minutes. Night and day difference just from a ride quality.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
First trip will be to Big Bend in the spring, which has many miles of desert trails. Should I air down for desert running?
This is Big Bend. You want to be aired down for a level of comfort. I'm in the camp of buy quality when it comes to air compressors.

I apologize for the crappy low res phone vids, but they will give you an idea of why you want to be aired down in many parts of Big Bend.

OP
OP
Dewyaw

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is Big Bend. You want to be aired down for a level of comfort. I'm in the camp of buy quality when it comes to air compressors.

I apologize for the crappy low res phone vids, but they will give you an idea of why you want to be aired down in many parts of Big Bend.

Cool vids!

Ive been to Big Bend probably 20 times, 5 of them doing the primitive roads. Took my Tacoma years ago, did Black Gap, Glen Canyon, did all of them. I never even thought to air down.

Really looking forward to doing the River Roads, those will be perfect for getting some speed in the Mojave.

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 15 JKU, 22 BMW 4, Challenger R/T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Cool vids!

Ive been to Big Bend probably 20 times, 5 of them doing the primitive roads. Took my Tacoma years ago, did Black Gap, Glen Canyon, did all of them. I never even thought to air down.

Really looking forward to doing the River Roads, those will be perfect for getting some speed in the Mojave.
You're fortunate to live close enough to go to Big Bend so often! It's a beautiful area. The River Roads will definitely be fun in the Mojave.
Sponsored