Sponsored

One thing that sucks about my jeep......slammed doors!

bl1ndman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JTR EcoDiesel
Really? I find the device not as stout as those on my cars which have real coil springs pushing against a cam plate on a roller. A good wind won't blow my car doors closed - but the jeep, wimpy door mechanism holding them open.
Interesting. Maybe it has to do with my truck being brand new. I have less than 2k miles on it. Mostly highway miles.
Sponsored

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
On my former 08 and 16 Rubicon 2dr's my doors seemed really tight and sealed well. I had to give the doors a little extra effort to get them to seal and close. Of course, living in AZ I would crack the windows when I parked the jeeps in the sun. I would come out get in and close the doors with a slam forgetting that the windows were cracked open just a little. Habits are hard to break sometimes. LOL!
My Jt is tight but I honestly don't think it's as tight as the 2drs. Probably because of the bigger cab
Dave

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
Depends on who closes the door last. The first door closes easy, and the last door needs to be shut with purpose. Maybe get a system down where you close yours last, so the others don't have to slam the damn doors.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
On my former 08 and 16 Rubicon 2dr's my doors seemed really tight and sealed well. I had to give the doors a little extra effort to get them to seal and close. Of course, living in AZ I would crack the windows when I parked the jeeps in the sun. I would come out get in and close the doors with a slam forgetting that the windows were cracked open just a little. Habits are hard to break sometimes. LOL!
My Jt is tight but I honestly don't think it's as tight as the 2drs. Probably because of the bigger cab
Dave
I don't see how air pressure can be part of this. The JKs and the JT have a huge air vent in the back. It lets air out when the AC is blowing in, and when you close a door. It's behind the spare tire on Wranglers and on the back cab, passenger side on the JT. The JT definitely has different door seals compared to my 15 JK.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
If I had a $ for every actuator I had to replace on my FX4 because of this.

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
everyone slams the door like they need to be The Hulk to get it to close! And my buddy, every time, tries to open it farther than it will allow causing the strap to stretch and slap him in the face!

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Jeep Gladiator One thing that sucks about my jeep......slammed doors! 1671481017365
Ummm
Sponsored