Sponsored

Opposite of Disappointed

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Ordered a Mojave but I think I will always have a bit of regret in the back of my mind for not going for the diesel. The problems scared me away…but MAN was it a fantastic driving engine when I test drove one.
Sponsored

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
I picked up my Sport with the 3.0 on 10/8 I love the way it just hauls. I already had it working this weekend.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Man long story short I love my ecodiesel, very good on fuel compared to the gasser I had,2800 miles so far 6 fill ups so far,not even touching e just about 1/4 tank is when I filled it up,and on the gasser it got horrible mpg's mainly cause of the wheels I had made it bad got 15-16 mpg

But this thing has Plenty of power as well
Loving it.....except until the maintenance,but that's the least of my worry kinda :D

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
I’ll let everyone know because I’m the OP, although I still truly love my truck, there’s a serious design flaw. If the auxiliary battery dies, the truck is dead. The power will stay on (because the main battery is fine) but the engine won’t run and there’s no way to jump it. Then it kills the main battery too. I’ve started carrying a spare auxiliary battery so I don’t get stranded a 5th time… just a little fyi

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll let everyone know because I’m the OP, although I still truly love my truck, there’s a serious design flaw. If the auxiliary battery dies, the truck is dead. The power will stay on (because the main battery is fine) but the engine won’t run and there’s no way to jump it. Then it kills the main battery too. I’ve started carrying a spare auxiliary battery so I don’t get stranded a 5th time… just a little fyi
Oh wow,why does it die ? Apart from either leaving your interior lights?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
Oh wow,why does it die ? Apart from either leaving your interior lights?
Everything is powered up but the motor won’t run and you can’t power anything off

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Everything is powered up but the motor won’t run and you can’t power anything off
Yeah, it seems like a big design flaw... hopefully it was just a bad batch of batteries... do you know if you can just wire in a second battery that you just get from the auto parts store to just get running again?

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Yup, the "diesel performance option" is an awesome upgrade over the available gas engine. Then for about $800, ya can have an extra 50+ hp and 70+ lb-ft torque using the Banks Derringer tuner.
What does that tune due to the mileage?

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
What does that tune due to the mileage?
From the feedback I've read, no improvement in milage was noted. From a more personal experience, had tuners on a 07 Suburban and a 2000 Dodge with a 5.9 Cummings. I never noticed any gains in milage with either while trying out "economy mode", now these are performance tuners and on that end is what they were designed for. The Suburban had modest gains, lost fuel mileage and required 93 octane gas. The 5.9 on the other hand, made a huge difference on the performance end and never noticed a hit on fuel mileage.

I feel that the milage trade-off will be minimal compared to performance gains, not like the 5 mpg hit I got going to a 285 tire from a 245. Sure more folks will chime in on this subject in the future with actual experience from using the Banks tuner. Me personally, I'm gonna hold off for a while longer, I'm still pleased with the stock setup plus I'm wanting to see what other tuners hit the market over the next year or so.
Sponsored