Sponsored

Oracle Won't Accept Returned Lights Due to Scuffing

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I'm not sure how to proceed here. Last November I ordered headlights and fog lights from Oracle. The headlights are great. I had to return the fog lights because they would not fit my Gladiator. Oracle was very good about communicating with me. They said the lights I ordered should have fit, but the pictures I sent them clearly illustrated they did not fit my bumper. Oracle sent me a shipping label to return the fog lights for exchange. So far so good.

I emailed Oracle today to ask about the fog lights. Their rep replied and said Oracle emailed me last Friday to advise they can't accept the return because the fog lights are "scuffed". I did not receive that email, but the rep attached it. It included two pictures of fog lights which do appear to be scuffed. I shipped the lights in the original box packed exactly as they were shipped to me. I removed one of the fog lights when I attempted to install it. It became apparent very quickly that it would not fit and I put it back in the box. The fog lights were absolutely, positively not scuffed in any way when I shipped them.

Oracle is offering me a discount on a replacement set of fog lights and I would have to pay shipping. I replied to the Oracle rep and said that was not acceptable. I'm not inclined to buy another set of fog lights and pay shipping when I did not damage the original set of lights. Seriously, if it was at all possible that I had scuffed those lights before I returned them, I would admit my error and accept the consequences.

I would appreciate perspectives and advice as how to proceed. Thanks.
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I'm surprised they went that route. Should have gotten a manager on line for immediate resolution. Ask him to look at the pictures you sent and there's no way for you to scuff them on a fitting test where only 1 was taken out for a minute and the other one untouched.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
they just got a free real-world unit test out of you, their product doesn't fit the vehicle it was intended for

surprised to see this behavior from a vendor

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if I had taken pictures before I shipped the lights, I'd be in the same situation. The lights they have are scuffed, so they won't accept them as a return. They won't accept my word and I doubt they would accept pictures.

I can conclude only that the lights got scuffed during shipping or handling at Oracle. If the fog lights scuff that easily, they're certainly not going to hold up well on the freeway and on the trail. So, why would I pay for another set of those lights?

More thoughts:

- When I placed the order, only after I paid for the lights did Oracle tell me they were out of stock and on back order. While I didn't mind the wait, I don't like it when vendors don't tell me an item is out of stock until after I pay for it. Strike one, but I'm willing to move on

- Although I ordered the exact part number the Oracle rep recommended, the fog lights did not fit my bumper. Extra hassle. Extra time. Strike two, but Oracle was being polite and helpful and I'm willing to move on

- The fog lights were in perfect condition when I shipped them, but Oracle says they were scuffed when they received them and won't accept the return. I now have to eat the $150.00 I spent on fog lights and I'm certainly not inclined to do further business with Oracle. Strike three. Aaaaannnd, I'm out

@ORACLElights

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't want to be a jerk about this. I like my Oculus headlights. It's just a very unfortunate situation. I really didn't scuff the lights and, based on what I'm hearing and seeing from Oracle, it really does seem like the fog light lenses are very delicate.

Maybe I should just ask Oracle to return the scuffed lights back to me. At least I'd have something. Right now I'm out the money and I have no lights. I might be able to make those lights work in a different bumper or something. I expect they would want me to pay for shipping. Not sure if it would be worth it.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen this BS recently as some vendors seem to be playing games with returns even when the product isn’t installed and it’s shipped back in the same packaging and box.

I recently did a return and paid for UPS insurance and so far I’m SOL with them too. Waiting...

When I see this happening I steer clear of the vendor/mfg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Sounds like they're pulling an ASUS. Return a perfectly working product and get told the product was user damaged.

For reference. Someone sent ASUS a brand new laptop for repair. It was unopened in the box it was shipped in. Literally, the end user never even opened it. It was done to prove a point that a lot of ASUS customers were having. ASUS sent them pics of a dented up laptop with a cracked bezel and claimed it was user damaged.

If what OP is saying is 100% true then I would not do business with Oracle.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Even if I had taken pictures before I shipped the lights, I'd be in the same situation. The lights they have are scuffed, so they won't accept them as a return. They won't accept my word and I doubt they would accept pictures.

I can conclude only that the lights got scuffed during shipping or handling at Oracle. If the fog lights scuff that easily, they're certainly not going to hold up well on the freeway and on the trail. So, why would I pay for another set of those lights?

More thoughts:

- When I placed the order, only after I paid for the lights did Oracle tell me they were out of stock and on back order. While I didn't mind the wait, I don't like it when vendors don't tell me an item is out of stock until after I pay for it. Strike one, but I'm willing to move on

- Although I ordered the exact part number the Oracle rep recommended, the fog lights did not fit my bumper. Extra hassle. Extra time. Strike two, but Oracle was being polite and helpful and I'm willing to move on

- The fog lights were in perfect condition when I shipped them, but Oracle says they were scuffed when they received them and won't accept the return. I now have to eat the $150.00 I spent on fog lights and I'm certainly not inclined to do further business with Oracle. Strike three. Aaaaannnd, I'm out

@ORACLElights
Sounds pretty lame of @ORACLElights based on the no refund response, but the BS of placing the order and then they tell you it is out stock and back ordered is complete BS.
As others have said I will also never order from them based on this.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
My 2c ... unless you have photos of what/how the condition was when sent back, I'd think your in for bad news.

However, I really hope that you get this sorted!

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Sounds like they're pulling an ASUS. Return a perfectly working product and get told the product was user damaged.

For reference. Someone sent ASUS a brand new laptop for repair. It was unopened in the box it was shipped in. Literally, the end user never even opened it. It was done to prove a point that a lot of ASUS customers were having. ASUS sent them pics of a dented up laptop with a cracked bezel and claimed it was user damaged.
Over 20 years ago my business had a Dell desktop that had a failing hard drive. I first contacted customer service several weeks prior to expiration of factory warranty. Technicians had me try several things over the course of weeks to try and fix. Finally I was told the HD could not be repaired and had to be replaced.

So I asked what was the procedure for warranty repair, and was told, sorry, it is now out of warranty (maybe by only a week or two).

I protested and the customer rep acknowledged that the claim initiated while warranty was still in affect. He even said he had a complete record of my calls and the tech recommendations, but sorry, that was their policy. His exact words were "if you don't like the policy, call Mike Dell", implying that the policy came down from the top.

Needless to say, I have bought probably two dozen computers since then, and not one a Dell. The sad truth is that some giant companies have so many new customers every day, they just don't give a damn about keeping old ones.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude