OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Post the pics
I was under the impression Oracle Lighting is not a giant company. I thought they were a smaller company which is one of the reasons I decided to order from them. Here are the pics they sent me.

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Won't Accept Returned Lights Due to Scuffing FogLights1

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Won't Accept Returned Lights Due to Scuffing Fog Lights2
Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
It might be the light, my glasses are dirty or the fact that I am a grumpy old man, but I cant see any problems? Is anyone able to help me out where to look please?

JeffInFLA

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to say it, but they do look scuffed.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Oracle. I’d ordered some headlight LEDs (the more economical ones) which the site said would fit. They did fit, but barely and I just wasn’t happy with them like that. Not only did I get my credit on my return BUT they gave be a discount on the upgraded LED bulbs. Quick shipping, great consultation.

The experience with not having the items in stock and not letting the customer know is not ideal at all, but in my experience, uncharacteristic.

I do feel for ya, OP.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Someone should file a claim with the shipper I can see why they are no longer deemed new

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Those look like they were cleaned with scotchbrite. Damn.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, if those lights look like that from "shipping" they would be completely unusable after a week in service.

One way or another there is more to this story.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Come to think of it the ones I got might have only fit because my bumper has brackets for both kinds of lights. I had to switch brackets from the plastic rubicon bumper non-led brackets to the LED ones even though the oracles are supposed to be swaps for the standard. Works great in my case, but I can see how they would have never worked for you.

If they are truely being dishonest I would just take this through the credit card company if I were you. usually the company will side with you and you won't have to worry about a "credit" or anything else they try offering you that isn't a refund.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
It might be the light, my glasses are dirty or the fact that I am a grumpy old man, but I cant see any problems? Is anyone able to help me out where to look please?
I had the same exact thought.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oracle said if I want the same lights back, I would have to pay shipping. So I guess Oracle gets to keep my money and the lights. This situation is lousy in just so many ways.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
If a company says something is going to fit and it doesn't, at some point a company has to own it and take things on good faith that the customer just tried it and sent it back. They also have to realize that the packaging may not be perfect and occasional damage from shipping is to be expected on some returns. Either replace the lens and sell it as refurb or eat it because the original problem here is you sold a product that did not perform as you specified.

The LED industry has a reputation as a fly-by-night operation as a whole and things like this don't help the situation. No matter how big a small LED company is, aside from the big 3 lighting companies, I've never heard of any having good customer service.

Either way if the lenses look anything like what I'm seeing in that pic and didn't involve a scotchbrite pad, you will never find Oracle installed on my truck. If rubbing on packing materials can make them look like that I can't imagine what they'd look like after a few years of having sand and rocks flicked at them.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If a company says something is going to fit and it doesn't, at some point a company has to own it and take things on good faith that the customer just tried it and sent it back. They also have to realize that the packaging may not be perfect and occasional damage from shipping is to be expected on some returns. Either replace the lens and sell it as refurb or eat it because the original problem here is you sold a product that did not perform as you specified.

The LED industry has a reputation as a fly-by-night operation as a whole and things like this don't help the situation. No matter how big a small LED company is, aside from the big 3 lighting companies, I've never heard of any having good customer service.

Either way if the lenses look anything like what I'm seeing in that pic and didn't involve a scotchbrite pad, you will never find Oracle installed on my truck. If rubbing on packing materials can make them look like that I can't imagine what they'd look like after a few years of having sand and rocks flicked at them.
I'm feeling the same way. I keep thinking if there's anything I could have done to scuff those lights and there's just no way. This is what the fog lights looked like when I received them. When I sent them back, they looked the same way.

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Won't Accept Returned Lights Due to Scuffing 004-

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The fog lights box was kinda beat up when I got it. Maybe it didn't do so well on the return trip to New Orleans. This is how I received the headlight/fog light package. The two boxes were wrapped together and inside a plastic bag.

I used the original box when I returned the fog lights. I taped up the broken areas, but I included all the foam packaging and even the plastic sheets that were covering the fog lights.

001-jpg.jpg

002-jpg.jpg

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Hello, I am sorry to see your post here about our company while we are emailing. You are correct that we are a small business, and we strive to offer the top customer service that you expect from any business. We work to provide this service within the the necessary policies we have in place.

To address your concerns here, our system does not have the capacity to provide out of stock notes prior to sale; this is why we indiviually email customers promptly so you are aware of the delay and can ask any questions. You are also correct in that we recommended that part number for your Jeep. This should of installed seamlessly as it has on others. However, the mounting brackets did not line up for whatever reason (small package changes elsewhere can change the bumper unwittingly). Confirmed by photos, we did offer to exchange it at no cost with a return label to cover the shipping back.

Unfortunately, the fog lights were received with scratching out of the box as you can see in the photos. We can't speculate how this happened since we've never seen this happen during shipping, but we cannot accept product back as new to be restocked in this condition. The options we provided were either sending this set back to you to make this work within your Jeep -- possibly adding a bracket? Or we offered a deep discount to purchase the ones needed for your Jeep.

We understand that everyone will not always agree with our decisions; however, we try to be transparent when working with customers to provide the most options possible that stand by the policies that we have. While we offer concessions up to a certain point, these policies protect our business and the interests of all of our retail customers and partners. I am sure many of you have to make decisions as such for your companies or business.

We value being on the forums to connect with customers up close and so you can see inside the operations of a small business. We have to also ensure that our business is being properly portrayed while standing behind products and services we offer. Our customer service team is connected to the forums so everyone is aware when issues arise.

We are happy to assist with either of the above options or address any other concerns; please reply to the existing email chain you have with our manager for this.
Sponsored