Sponsored

Our Q&A / FAQ from Jeep Gladiator debut at LA Auto Show

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I literally never used the half door only function on my TJ lol. It was either half with the soft upper or no door at all. Personal preference really, it was much easier to store them, that's for sure.

Bonus point to full doors for not having plastic windows for someone to slash. :(
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I still like full canvas doors, uppers and lowers.

whatevah

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whatevah.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Occupation
EMT
What is the difference between the sport, and the sport s?
"Sport" is the base model with limited options... "Sport S" is a little nicer off the bat. "Sport" should probably be a different name, like the old "X" model they used to offer.

It'll likely be similar to the options on the JL Wrangler... Sport comes with plain steel wheels, Sport S comes with alloy wheels. Sport only has A/C as an option, it's standard on the Sport S. Sport S has power windows and locks, power mirrors. Remote start option is not available on the Sport, etc...

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Can you please share with us exactly where these differences are listed on a Jeep website? I have not seen these S model differences listed anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Can you please share with us exactly where these differences are listed on a Jeep website? I have not seen these S model differences listed anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Your best bet is to use the build and price tool and build a JL. That will get you pretty close to the understanding the differences in sport and sport s. The JT will be a bit different but not much.

Although I don't see the sport s listed separately this link has lots of good info about packages and what is available on the other three trim levels. What comes in each packages is listed at the bottom of the first post.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ecifications-sheet-feature-availability.8468/

Last edited:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks much Homerun. I did that see that spec sheet some days ago in the Forum. And I bet that you are right, sounds like good logic for now. Will know for certain once Jeep has it all posted on their web site. Am inclined to get a base Sport with just power locks. Really wanted to be able to add their GPS system to it but to do that I am would have to get an Overland model which I am certain will add many thousands of dollars to the cost of the truck. I can get an inexpensive GPS system from Best Buy. As you may know someone from Jeep already said a long time ago that they would make it intentionally expensive. Will just have to wait to see how bloody expensive they price it before I think of getting one.

whatevah

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whatevah.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Occupation
EMT
https://www.jeep.com/compare/detailed-chart.html?modelYearCode=CUJ201810&variation=1

That link should show the "Detailed Specs" page. If you hit the button for "Differences Only", it'll make it easier to look through. Of course, that's for the JL... but many things will be similar on the JT. Just showing the general idea of the trim levels.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JAY do you know about or have any info on media test drives like the New Zealand event for the JL? Follow up is there an embargo on printing info from these events and if so do you know when it will be lifted?

Thanks for all you do Jay!

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Out of the trucks they brought to the show. How many had a manual transmission?

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Our local auto show is first week of April, that is when I hope to see one up close and then scrutinize it first hand on "looks". My wife's dealership has two coming sometime for testing, touching, and teasing. Only once I have driven one, can I say yay or nay.
Sponsored