First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
So, Heading to the dealer in the morning to build out my Gladiator before ordering. I have now second guessed myself on the Freedom Top being black. The ARE Evolve Topper comes color matched paint, problem is the Sport S does not come with that option. Has anyone had there top painted to match the truck?
Sponsored

Guns_N_Rosaries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
So, Heading to the dealer in the morning to build out my Gladiator before ordering. I have now second guessed myself on the Freedom Top being black. The ARE Evolve Topper comes color matched paint, problem is the Sport S does not come with that option. Has anyone had there top painted to match the truck?

The freedom top is a rough textured plastic. I'm honestly not sure that even if you painted it, it would really match.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
It can be done but the texture has to be sanded smooth for it to look like the factory painted tops.

unless you wanted to go for a different look with a textured painted top. If that’s the case maybe try linex to color match

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Have you considered ordering the bed cap in black?

I think they look pretty good with a black bed cap and black hard top.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shawnu22

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
Have you considered ordering the bed cap in black?

I think they look pretty good with a black bed cap and black hard top.
I have yes, and ARE said if I can get a paint code for the black freedom top they will paint it that color. Thinking that may be the way to go.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I have yes, and ARE said if I can get a paint code for the black freedom top they will paint it that color. Thinking that may be the way to go.
The black tops are molded in color with out a paint code. It's the same black as the fenders so it's like a black with a hint of grey, not a true black

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
The black tops are molded in color with out a paint code. It's the same black as the fenders so it's like a black with a hint of grey, not a true black
The Freedom panels aren’t, or the black is a very thin layer.
I’ve had rock chips on mine, and it’s white underneath. My paint guy said they can be repainted, but it takes a lot of prep. It’s cheaper to just replace the panels.

Kevin
Sponsored