Teacher
Pros and cons of each and which one seems to be the better? Thanks
Sponsored

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
I think you meant the Banks Pedal Monster. I think it's better than the Pedal Commander. I think in general it's better and more modern technology than the Pedal Commander. I like that it has safety features built in (like disabling when in reverse). The mobile app is quite good too with lots of easy to use options. I've also found it good enough that I don't feel the need to re-gear with my 35s.

Here's a comparison from the Banks site...while it obviously is going to be biased I do agree with what they're saying.

https://official.bankspower.com/tech_article/pedalmonster-vs-pedal-commander-review/

MaximusTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 23 Rubicon 392, 88 Samurai, 70 Chevelle
Build Thread
Link
I had the Pedal Commander on my F150 and Bronco but switched to the Banks Pedal Monster for the Gladiator. Each one has it's pros and cons. Overall I like the Banks Pedal Monster better. It has a constant 12v source so it doesn't rely on the just the power from the pedal signal. As Mojave2021 stated it disables itself when you go into reverse which is nice if you have it turned up you don't go flying out of a parking space or backing up but it is constanstly connected to your OBDII port so just keep that in mind if you have anything else that is connected to it you will need to get a splitter.

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Agent X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law & Veteran
I currently run the Pedal Monster on the Mojave, and not to beat the dead horse, just agreeing with the gentleman above.

I just run mine on simple City, level 3, nothing too shabby. However, just spending a lil extra cash on gas when I drive it. (also running, lift, 35s, Smartcap, and rear tire carrier)

Sponsored

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I've been using the Pedal Commander for almost 2 years now and have no complaints. The only issue was back in October my Jeep threw code P2138 and went in to limp mode for what Jscan desribed as Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch. When it happened again a few days later, I contacted Pedal Commander and they had me to send it in. Less than a week later they told me they found a loose connection at one of the pins and repaired it under warranty. I was a little surprised but appreciate any company that stands behind their product.

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Been using pedal commander almost since I bought the vehicle. I've had absolutely no issues with it. pedal monster "appears" to be a more polished system, if it didn't use the OBDII port (even if it meant a tougher installation connecting to the gateway or something) I would have gone with it instead.

PsychoBilly

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Production Manager
turn off traction control... free throttle response

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have the Pedal Monster. Been using it for over a year now. Have it plugged into the iDash gauge. Have it set to Sport 4. Which is in the middle of all the settings. Love the set up.
Sponsored