m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm up for a trip depending on the snow situation. I wheeled in December after the big snow and it was a real challenge on any slight incline. A couple guys got a good bit of body damage from sliding into trees.
I’m up for a trip if I can get off work and other conflicts.

50AA460D-A18B-4313-BF56-C78F98E34DF3.jpeg
Sponsored

MeanGene

First Name
Huge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladrubi
Occupation
Slave 1
I'm up for a trip depending on the snow situation. I wheeled in December after the big snow and it was a real challenge on any slight incline. A couple guys got a good bit of body damage from sliding into trees.
Sorry for my delayed response, work has been exhausting. Phlijeeper, I know some of the green/blue trails at Raush Creek can be tight even for wranglers and want to avoid body damage. Don't get me wrong, I understand branch scratches come with the territory.

I was looking at AOAA's website: https://www.aoaatrails.com and it appears that it may have a larger selection of wider full size vehicle trails. Does anyone have an opinion on if AOAA has more wider trail options compared to RC? I would like my first outing with the JT to be more of an entry off road test ride than pushing the limit of me and the truck.

Since I picked it up at the end of last year, I have been outfitting over the holidays with, windshield tie down straps, mesh sun top, rear pet seat cover, trail cover, and hard top lift. Now looking for tube doors and then winch. I had EAG safari tube doors and a smittybilt winch on my old JK and was happy with both. Wondering if you have been researching tube doors and winches and what you are leaning towards. Thanks.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for my delayed response, work has been exhausting. Phlijeeper, I know some of the green/blue trails at Raush Creek can be tight even for wranglers and want to avoid body damage. Don't get me wrong, I understand branch scratches come with the territory.

I was looking at AOAA's website: https://www.aoaatrails.com and it appears that it may have a larger selection of wider full size vehicle trails. Does anyone have an opinion on if AOAA has more wider trail options compared to RC? I would like my first outing with the JT to be more of an entry off road test ride than pushing the limit of me and the truck.

Since I picked it up at the end of last year, I have been outfitting over the holidays with, windshield tie down straps, mesh sun top, rear pet seat cover, trail cover, and hard top lift. Now looking for tube doors and then winch. I had EAG safari tube doors and a smittybilt winch on my old JK and was happy with both. Wondering if you have been researching tube doors and winches and what you are leaning towards. Thanks.
I have been on most trails at both and I would say yes the easier trails at AOAA are wider. But the more advanced trails are similar to Rausch from a narrow/wide perspective. But yes a few side scratches come with wheeling your Jeep.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have been on most trails at both and I would say yes the easier trails at AOAA are wider. But the more advanced trails are similar to Rausch from a narrow/wide perspective. But yes a few side scratches come with wheeling your Jeep.
been goin to both - Rausch since 2003 and AOAA since 2013. Had my Gladiator to both several times.
I agree that the easy trails at AOAA are wider but they are really just gravel roads. A car could easily drive on most of these. They end up being the roads you use to get to the more challenging trails. Many of the forest trails are just as tight or even tighter at AOAA. Snow can be fun but you really need to be deliberate, careful, and bring traction boards, sand, shovels, winch/recovery and good outdoor gear. It can be a blast. Some vid of My JKU in the snow at Rausch a few years ago

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Latest mod to my Gladiator ;)

Camper 3.jpg

Sponsored