Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram2500
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
First sorry for all the thread starts I'm excited and love my Jeep,
Okay issues the Jeep is new but had 281 miles on it which I thought was a little strange but figured maybe lots of test drives then when I picked it up yesterday the first thing I noticed was it had a rock chip in the windshield,then when I went to add my phone there was already a phone stored in the system and last on the ride home it popped an engine code am I being paranoid here or is something fishy
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Could have been a dealer trade, and the salesman/driver who traded Jeeps programmed his/her phone to the Jeep for the trip. Mine had a couple hundred miles on it. Window sticker said my Jeep was delivered to a dealer a couple hours away from our local dealer where I bought it.

Edit: get that rock chip filled asap, or a new windshield under warranty. Mine cracked with only a couple thousand miles on it.
Can't help on the code. Another warranty issue.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Make sure you get the windshield replaced by the dealer.
These windshields are bad enough without starting off with a defect!
And I wouldn’t accept a chip repair!

Kevin

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Sometimes a sales manager or a dealership owner will drive a new model without officially taking ownership so that could explain the miles. I wouldn't worry much about that, but they should have replaced the windshield if they inspected it.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
The Jeep was most likely transferred from another location. Whoever brought it over synced their phone. The windshield should be dealt with though.

Sponsored

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Personally I would just go with the chip fill. Just had my wifes done and you cant even tell there was a chip to begin with. The phone thing is no big issue like people said above. Although the dealer should have factory reset the head unit before the sold it. Its just dealers being lazy.

I bought a "new" F150 off the lot. It was driven 4500 miles by the Manager. I said it was used and that I should be paying used prices. They said it was never "registered" so technically it was still a "new" vehicle. Typical dealers.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
the difference of ordering your jeep and buying one off the lot. But, I'm sure they will take care of it and you just the same. Welcome to the forum and hope to see you on the trails.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
The good news is the warranty starts when you get it, not when it rolls off the factory line :) I'd have the rock chip looked at. Depending on your dealer though, if you didn't point it out at the dealer, they may try to say you got it driving home or something. Good luck and welcome. Hope you enjoy your new ride, we do!

MagnusWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
I would say the phone stored could also be when a customer was test driving the truck and wanted to test the blue tooth, the windshield and engine light I would get repaired immediately.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I would say the phone stored could also be when a customer was test driving the truck and wanted to test the blue tooth, the windshield and engine light I would get repaired immediately.
Very good luck on getting that chip fixed by the dealer. Soon as you accept it and drive away, your on your own when it comes to glass.
No warranty on windshield chips around here.

MagnusWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Very good luck on getting that chip fixed by the dealer. Soon as you accept it and drive away, your on your own when it comes to glass.
No warranty on windshield chips around here.
Most insurance plans help with windshield repair, I had a chip in my old Tacoma windshield that was fixed for free by my insurance.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Most insurance plans help with windshield repair, I had a chip in my old Tacoma windshield that was fixed for free by my insurance.
Insurance yes, warranty no.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Miles could have been from a dealer transfer or a "spot delivery" to a customer who's financing did not fall through and they took it back after a few days. In most states, it is considered new until it is first titled so there can be some miles thrown on it before it is finally sold. I bought my wife's 2021 Honda Ridgeline under similar circumstances with 150 miles on it.

Rock chip and engine code is obviously something the dealership needs to take care of.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
You took delivery of it with a rock chip in the windshield?

Did the dealership know? That would be unacceptable for any dealership on a new vehicle.

As far as the phone. That is being anal-retentive. It could have been a test drive, or a salesman, or during a dealer transfer if that was the case.
Sponsored