Sponsored

Plastic Bumper Fog Lights dont Fit Steel Bumper???

M4Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2001 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
IT Manager
Google Fu got me here. I just got my JT - its a 2021 Rubicon and currently having the plastic bumper replaced with the Mopar steel bumper(part of my deal) and was just told that the plastic bumper integrated fog lights dont mount in the steel bumper????

Its still at the dealer but is this just an mounting/adapter issue or should i start looking for alternatives?
Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Google Fu got me here. I just got my JT - its a 2021 Rubicon and currently having the plastic bumper replaced with the Mopar steel bumper(part of my deal) and was just told that the plastic bumper integrated fog lights dont mount in the steel bumper????

Its still at the dealer but is this just an mounting/adapter issue or should i start looking for alternatives?
Steel bumper has different LED fogs.

Plastic bumper LED fogs are NOT interchangeable with the steel bumper. Different P/N’s.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
I could be wrong, but I think these halogen lights match your plastic bumper LEDs and the adapter is what you need to install them in a steel bumper. These adapters say they are for a JK and I don't think I test fit them, so you may want to get some designated for the JL/JT.

Jeep Gladiator Plastic Bumper Fog Lights dont Fit Steel Bumper??? foglight adapter
Jeep Gladiator Plastic Bumper Fog Lights dont Fit Steel Bumper??? foglight adapter 2

Sponsored

OP
OP
M4Fun

M4Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Thanks - this has become more of a challenge as my bumper is not the typical 3 piece steel mopar bumper. Its a
2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Off-road Bumper - 82215691AD
https://store.mopar.com/accessories...f_road_bumper/off_road_bumper_82215691AD.html

taking me on a trip to needing a new skid plate and everything else in the world for mounting a winch and other lights....

This is what happens when you move from a 2001 TJ to a 2021 JT. This sight is awesome - should have done more homework!

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Thanks - this has become more of a challenge as my bumper is not the typical 3 piece steel mopar bumper. Its a
2020 Jeep Gladiator Accessories - Off-road Bumper - 82215691AD
https://store.mopar.com/accessories...f_road_bumper/off_road_bumper_82215691AD.html

taking me on a trip to needing a new skid plate and everything else in the world for mounting a winch and other lights....

This is what happens when you move from a 2001 TJ to a 2021 JT. This sight is awesome - should have done more homework!
From the instructions, it looks like the bits, including the lights, from the factory steel bumper work on this one and those adapters should work. Here's the link to the ones I bought, but they are specified for the JK. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SNSHVFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jeep Gladiator Plastic Bumper Fog Lights dont Fit Steel Bumper??? 1610255895932

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
To be clear, the steel bumper when bought as a part comes with the correct lights installed (LED). There are various other bits and pieces needed, that are all cataloged in a multi page thread from a year or more ago.

OP
OP
M4Fun

M4Fun

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
This site rocks!

Finding everything now - this has been keeping me busy following the clues...

Sponsored

ChillxPoint

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Jeep Wagoneer, Challenger HC RE WB
I could be wrong, but I think these halogen lights match your plastic bumper LEDs and the adapter is what you need to install them in a steel bumper. These adapters say they are for a JK and I don't think I test fit them, so you may want to get some designated for the JL/JT.

Sorry to revive and old thread but did those brackets work to fit those fogs into a mopar 3 piece steel bumper or the knock off version? I have the same fogs and need to know what i need to have them fit into the steel bumper. See pics. I also ordered 2 sets of different brackets. See those pics.

20220509_092902.jpg

20220509_092910.jpg

20220509_092924.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-152601_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-083828_Samsung Internet.jpg

annze0

First Name
Anze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pajero
Occupation
Engineer
Steel bumper has different LED fogs.

Plastic bumper LED fogs are NOT interchangeable with the steel bumper. Different P/N’s.

In using the Build & Price tool, it looks like opting for steel bumpers triggers the LED light option. Is that correct, and why would LED lights be a prerequisite for steel bumpers?

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
In using the Build & Price tool, it looks like opting for steel bumpers triggers the LED light option. Is that correct, and why would LED lights be a prerequisite for steel bumpers?
No idea, but yes, steel bumpers come with LED’s

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Steel bumper is considered an upgrade and it minimizes the number of possible configuration combinations. It's not new nor a surprise. For years it's been that if you order x you get y where if you order A you have either B or C for options. Been that way since i've been buying cars.

The steel bumper also has a different fitment requirement for the lights, so it minimizes needing atapters, etc. at the factory.

annze0

First Name
Anze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pajero
Occupation
Engineer
Steel bumper is considered an upgrade and it minimizes the number of possible configuration combinations. It's not new nor a surprise. For years it's been that if you order x you get y where if you order A you have either B or C for options. Been that way since i've been buying cars.

The steel bumper also has a different fitment requirement for the lights, so it minimizes needing atapters, etc. at the factory.
Thanks for your kind reply
Sponsored