First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Still cheaper than $2k for factory style, so I'm still very interested. I like the look.
Factory is only 2k if you aren't looking.

If you order with dual tops, it's 1200 (well 1200 + min 595 tonneau). you can pick them up for 1000 - 1200 from forum members.

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
FYI I just ordered a Suntop. Pricing was a little more that I initially thought but I decided to be a Guinea Pig and take the plunge. It was this or another bikini top as I'm not a fan of the factory top. I was told it will ship here early next month. I'll update the group.
I just emailed Ryan as well. I'm ready to buy. I sent him a list of questions. Maybe you have already asked some of them?

• Does the Gladiator offering come complete with all surrounds, windshield bar and rear cab enclosure bar?
  • Does it incorporate the Roomerang? I like that idea since the Gladiator cage terminates just above the headrests. Otherwise I assume some sort of bow is needed to prevent it from sagging too much.
  • Does it come with tinted rear window standard?
  • How does it roll open? Does it have the ability to partially open? This is more of a curiosity than a request.
  • What colors are available for the Gladiator?

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
A lot of us want a full soft top but hate the OEM because of the man bun and drag chute thing. There's 1 alternative but it trades the man bun for the 80s bangs and (roll up to the front for some stupid reason) and that's not something I want either. I want 1 that goes behind the rear seats like a normal Wrangler top, can't be that difficult.
This spot on and exactly what I'm hoping comes out soon

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I just emailed Ryan as well. I'm ready to buy. I sent him a list of questions. Maybe you have already asked some of them?

• Does the Gladiator offering come complete with all surrounds, windshield bar and rear cab enclosure bar?
  • Does it incorporate the Roomerang? I like that idea since the Gladiator cage terminates just above the headrests. Otherwise I assume some sort of bow is needed to prevent it from sagging too much.
  • Does it come with tinted rear window standard?
  • How does it roll open? Does it have the ability to partially open? This is more of a curiosity than a request.
  • What colors are available for the Gladiator?
I can answer a few of your questions, was told this comes as a complete unit, all brackets,

rolls from back to front, looks like you can just roll top up, leave back on Or take back off

Was not given a option for tinted or not, all pics seen has been tinted

Colors are tan or black diamond

Hope this helps

Sponsored

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I can answer a few of your questions, was told this comes as a complete unit, all brackets,

rolls from back to front, looks like you can just roll top up, leave back on Or take back off

Was not given a option for tinted or not, all pics seen has been tinted

Colors are tan or black diamond

Hope this helps
If he replies I'm ordering it, even if it is a bit more expensive than it maybe should be. They have first-mover advantage and I'll happily pay the premium to get something functional and easily removable.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
If he replies I'm ordering it, even if it is a bit more expensive than it maybe should be. They have first-mover advantage and I'll happily pay the premium to get something functional and easily removable.
[
I’m excited for mine to arrive

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I got a response from Ryan but he didn't jump on my offer to buy now. He just stated they are trying to confirm availability for shipping. I replied telling him I would be happy to be one of the first to order (maybe the 3rd? LOL) so we will see.

I can get a Mopar soft top for dealer cost through my friend, but that is still quite a bit more expensive than I would want to spend given how much I don't like the look. Especially considering that I would probably just wind up buying the safari top and using the OEM door surrounds.

Saving some $$ on the top frees up some $$ to apply toward 2-piece soft doors. If I can get all of that I'll have the perfect setup for 8-9 months of the year.

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
Yep,there is no way a soft top is quieter than a HardTop, zero chance. I get no buffering in mine with the hardtop on and freedom panels removed and windows down with the rear glass open. Also with both of them on, not even close.
Without a doubt In order from most quiet to least
1. Premium soft top
2. Hard top
3. Standard soft top

the hardtop has a slight whistle where the freedom panels meet. There is zero buffering with the soft top and the premium soft top doesn’t let sound in at all. The new JL and JT hard tops are much noisier in the rain also.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
1. Premium soft top
2. Hard top
3. Standard soft top

the hardtop has a slight whistle where the freedom panels meet. There is zero buffering with the soft top and the premium soft top doesn’t let sound in at all. The new JL and JT hard tops are much noisier in the rain also.
Does your hardtop have the headliners? There is zero whistling or buffeting on my hard top where the freedom panels meet. Other than my noisy mud tires when the windows are down, when the top is on and windows are up, it's no louder than a vehicle that is not a convertible. The hardtop (with factory headliners) is silent. I haven't driven one without the headliners though.

Having said that, I can deal with some wind noise for the summer, and will be purchasing a soft top. I've also been thinking about this one:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/bimini-plus-summer-top-windstopper-combo-gladiator-jt

It might get a little wet, but I ran a TJ with with bikini and soft top for a couple years so I'll be fine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
1. Premium soft top
2. Hard top
3. Standard soft top

Mine has zero whistle, and I also have a soft top for mine as well, plus I got 2 buddies who have soft tops on their JTs and without a doubt the soft top is louder and makes more noise than the hard top. My Hard top makes no noise at all, no whistle. Both have the premium soft top by the way, I got the regular one.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Does your hardtop have the headliners? There is zero whistling or buffeting on my hard top where the freedom panels meet. Other than my noisy mud tires when the windows are down, when the top is on and windows are up, it's no louder than a vehicle that is not a convertible. The hardtop (with factory headliners) is silent. I haven't driven one without the headliners though.

Having said that, I can deal with some wind noise for the summer, and will be purchasing a soft top. I've also been thinking about this one:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mastertop/bimini-plus-summer-top-windstopper-combo-gladiator-jt

It might get a little wet, but I ran a TJ with with bikini and soft top for a couple years so I'll be fine.
I kinda like that option, I might actually look into that one.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
1. Premium soft top
2. Hard top
3. Standard soft top

Sounds like you may have pinched a seal when you were installing or they are defective from factory. Every time I reseat my panels I make sure all my seals are lined up properly by checking from the top before I clamp any in place. The hard top (especially with HotHeads head liners) should be the quietest of the 3 hands down.

Last edited: