obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Knock on wood I haven't had a single issue with my 2020. It does seem that the cases of relatively poor customer service isn't something new and a common issue across brands which unfortunately makes purchasing a vehicle in these modern times an anxiety driven venture ... a good dealer is worth their weight in gold as they can help bridge that gap.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got lucky and ran into Lisa who is not an overseas outsourced person and she understood my issue and what I needed perfectly (full disclosure I am a foreigner/overseas person, from Europe). She said the rental would be covered in full and to continue using it and that she will, from now on, follow up with the dealer on progress and repairs. She will communicate via email and text. The cheapest rental was $69 per day and she confirmed it will be covered/reimbursed.

I understand about the loaners but this has been going on for 3 years now, it's absolutely nothing new. It is just negligence because it is probably not required by law for them to cover customers with loaners.
I'm guessing this is a grounding issue or ECU failure. If it was a canbus module some of the functions just wouldn't work, it wouldn't be going haywire.
Many dealers have stopped supplying loaners due to liability and insurance issues. They have gone the rental route, which is now affected by vehicle supply. There is no legal requirement to supply a replacement vehicle during repairs. That is usually a provision of the warranty or service contract. The dealer I use has always provided a rental when I've had my Overland in for warranty repairs.
Sponsored