UIN2IT

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT
Milestar Patagonia M/T - 37x12.50r17

This is my 3rd set of these tires. Whoa they are expensive now in COVID times. I promise to run them at higher pressures on the freeway and rotate more often.

In hindsight, I should have just ponied up for the 38s. Tires are great in Moab, tows the camper and rides quiet.

Love Northridge and Discount Tire

2021-04-16 14.25.40.jpg
Im debating doing the 37's or 38's...the 37's should fit under the bed though whereas the 38s won't.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Another great trail, don't forget to do Hell's Revenge and make sure you go out to the river overlook. THEN, don't go back the same way you came into the park. Continue to follow the loop around and come out of the park on the west side about 3-4 miles from where you entered. Some really cool rock gardens to crawl over on that backside. Have Fun!! Love Moab.
We did the trail back in May and I am just playing catchup. The plan was for Hell's Revenge, but our day got away from us. Good thing I have your tip, I will put it on the agenda for the return trip. We did make it to a few other trails that I will post up.

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Im debating doing the 37's or 38's...the 37's should fit under the bed though whereas the 38s won't.
The 37 Patagonias fit under the bed. IMHO it fits better at 14psi. The tire is a mere 3/4" of an inch away from the track bar, but has not rubbed one bit in 3 months.

I too want 38s, and am working on a spare plan since I like having that comfort level.

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Flashback to the iconic Top of the World. Technically an easy trail, but whoa the views and frankly the last 8 feet owned me. Kids in the back, a friend standing off the front bumper, I was two feet short of the divot for the perfect shot. By in my eyes, perfect enough.

2021-05-12 12.35.05a.jpg

2021-05-12 12.28.15b.jpg

Sponsored

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It all started on a whim. Just after I bought my '17 new to me JKUR Jeep announced the Gladiator. I fell in luv... Built up the JKUR to a fun wheeling machine, but still struggled with pulling our 3,500lbs Travel Trailer.

That whim, led me to a test drive this spring in a used Gladiator with 5k on it. The dealer did not move on it, but offered a stupid amount of money for my JKUR. I tucked the trade in number into my hat and started shopping. Trade value went up, new vehicle price went down and the interest rate went down.

I left the dealer with a party in the front and business in the back.

2021-04-09 19.37.27.jpg
I swear to God my son said the same thing about my new Gladiator the other day so now we just call it the mullet. Great minds think alike I guess!

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
I swear to God my son said the same thing about my new Gladiator the other day so now we just call it the mullet. Great minds think alike I guess!
:rock:

Party in the front, Business in the back!

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Rear Locker - Z Locker OEM - May/June 2021

On the way back from Moab, rear locker light started flashing. Called the shop and they felt confident that it was a sensor failure so we went the distance. Locker still works. Light is flashing.

Took it to my local dealership who refused to even open the differential for inspection since the gears had been changed. I had problems at this dealership before when one of the service writers said that caster was not adjustable on Jeeps.

Local shop opened the differential, hosed out the sensor and did an up close inspection. Everything functioning normally, appears to be a bad sensor. The fix apparently is a new axle assembly since the sensor is unavailable individually. Silly.

Picked up a Tazer Z Locker OEM harness. Plug and play no more sensor light flashing. It was that easy. Hopefully there are no underling issues.
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_lkr_oem/

@JeepCares In light of the current marketplace, you have the ability to leverage your dealerships hold standards higher. Along with that, shouldn't a simpler cheaper fix be implemented already?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Highlands - May 2021
Running with mostly built out TJs makes for a challenging day with the longer wheelbase of the Gladiator. Still good times!
Jeep Gladiator Project Reverse Mullet 2021-05-22 11.02.35

Jeep Gladiator Project Reverse Mullet 2021-05-22 11.21.29

Last edited:
Reactions: N83
OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Body Armor Hitch Skid - Deserves a positive mention.

I watched a bunch of videos with people wheeling in Moab and dragging the hitch over the obstacles. Since we tow a camper a bit, it felt natural to add some protection to this common contact point. It adds an inch under the hitch, perhaps even more. I expected it to work like a shovel as well as potentially stopping my forward progress. None of this ever happened. It has kept me off the bumper and the hitch. A decent $100 investment.
Jeep Gladiator Project Reverse Mullet 2021-05-22 11.07.50a

Reactions: N83

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
OEM Steel Bumper - Artec Winch Plate - Smittybilt X20 10k

Found an OEM steel bumper for a $100 then grabbed an Artec winch plate. Supply chain woes are starting to impact availability of parts. I had a Warn Evo 10s ready to be installed, but found out the Artec winch plate was not compatible with the winch. Choices, wait for two months for the next version of the Artec plate or put on a different winch. I chose the Smitty X20 comp 10k. Thanks 4wp for price matching and being right down the street.

2021-07-23 17.08.52.jpg

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Rigid SR-10 lightbar - Factor 55 Flatlink E - Grimm Off-road center light bar mount

https://www.rigidindustries.com/sr-series-pro-10-spot-flood-combo-black-910313.html
https://factor55.com/product/flatlink-e-expert/
https://www.grimmoffroad.com/2018-2...-JT-Steel-Bumper-Center-Light-Mount_p_69.html

I have had this light bar lying around for about 2 years. The 10" mounts just did not seem to match with anything with a clean install. Found the Grimm light mount for a sweet deal and it came together nicely. Just have to wire it up!

Loved my Factor 55 flatlink, so I figured I would try to be an expert with this version.

2021-08-06 12.43.11.jpg

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
A beautiful drive through the Palouse at harvest. I am thankful for all those hard people getting it done everyday.
Jeep Gladiator Project Reverse Mullet 2021-08-06 19.20.10

Recent weigh in leaving the dump 5600lbs with driver and two 50lbls kids.

OP
OP

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
Warn LOW GRILLE GUARD TUBE -
Jeep Gladiator Project Reverse Mullet 2021-09-04 16.15.21a
was added in since I like the over-rider look. Plus when you are trudging in front of the Jeep in slippery conditions, it gives you a nice place to hold on to.