Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If you go through line by line, its not as bad as that- the Compass had supply problems, stopping production. If you remove that one vehicle from the Jeep stat, Jeep brand is up 16% for the quarter. The low performer is the WK2 Grand cherokee (with only 10% gain), which is being replaced by next year.
Dodge lost the old Journey and Caravan with no replacement. The rest of the vehicles did well.
Everybody had supply problems, of one type or another.

Renegade and Compass problems go beyond supply. They are just not very competitive; they had been selling with heavy discounts for months before COVID hit. Stellantis recently halted production of these SUVs in Europe due to poor sales.

Killing Caravan and Journey was a boneheaded move, too. Journey wasn’t sexy, but it was paid for and sold by the boatloads. FCA doesn’t even have anything in the pipeline to replace Journey with. Caravan was the original nameplate in its category.

FCA is so obsessed with fat margins, it doesn’t offer anything that delivers good value for the money any more, period.
Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Everybody had supply problems, of one type or another.

Renegade and Compass problems go beyond supply. They are just not very competitive; they had been selling with heavy discounts for months before COVID hit. Stellantis recently halted production of these SUVs in Europe due to poor sales.

Killing Caravan and Journey was a boneheaded move, too. Journey wasn’t sexy, but it was paid for and sold by the boatloads. FCA doesn’t even have anything in the pipeline to replace Journey with. Caravan was the original nameplate in its category.

FCA is so obsessed with fat margins, it doesn’t offer anything that delivers good value for the money any more, period.
And that’s why import Asian brands kill it-
look how far Kia and hyandai. Have come

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Nice to see Gladiator is keeping pace with Wrangler in terms of popularity gain (within 2%). It's also interesting to see we're at about 1/3 of Wranglers in sales (every 3 Wranglers there's a Gladiator bought). I am starting to see more in the area I live and I love it :)
I'm glad too

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I thought the Dakota was part of the planning cycle, but we haven't seen it yet.

I don't think the JT development would have gotten the green light, along with a dedicated production site for 20% of Wrangler sales (40k/yr). The JT plant used to build 200k JK a year, so there is definitely room for more product. I don't know how easily they could build the rumored S American compact trucklet there (since those are unibody/transverse powertrain) but a Ram midsize would fill that plant perfectly.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
A Dakota reboot has been on and off again for a good while. The DS Ram Classic has been enjoying solid sales, giving Ram stores something cheaper to sell than a DT Ram. the Classic will share its Warren assembly plant with the Wagoneer soon. Eventually, it will make more sense to offer a fresh product, rather than a discounted old truck. Ford and Hyundai are bringing car-based compact truck soon, so the FCA/Stellantis offering could be a Ramified Fiat Toro or something like it.
Am I the only weirdo who would want a Charger based El Camino thing?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I had an older gentleman stop me in the parking lot last week. "Hey partner, I'm old enough to remember the real Willys Jeeps. Mind if I take a photo to show my wife?"
Made my day!
I still get someone coming up to me often in the parking lot or chasing me down in the store and just start talking. Catches me off guard sometimes cause I don't have a clue who they are but being an old coonass I talk to everybody. Man, that is an interesting-looking truck, Man I like that color? How does it drive, etc, etc. My wife just kind of walks away if she is with me. She is the type who would just give a look and walk away but I get it. Me, on the other hand, she knows that I'm gonna stop and talk.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
@BAT Lol, "coonass" means something different where I'm from and would get the snowflakes and BLM terrorists frothing at the mouth for your head. Be careful of the SJWs out there ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP
IamAlan

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
@BAT Lol, "coonass" means something different where I'm from and would get the snowflakes and BLM terrorists frothing at the mouth for your head. Be careful of the SJWs out there ;)
It's Cajun for "French Hillbilly." (No disrespect intended.)

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
It's Cajun for "French Hillbilly." (No disrespect intended.)
Just trying to make sure on one tried to attack you for a local colloquialism :)

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
the more sold, the less they will be worth. Glad to see them doing well, but as an owner, I feel its losing the "uniqueness". I feel its the only midsize truck out there that isn't "cute". I love it when someone tells me "Gladiators are ugly", I'm like, Thank you!

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Am I the only weirdo who would want a Charger based El Camino thing?
GM almost went there about 15 years ago. They had the Commodore based Ute, which in 6.0 V8 trim converted to $17k because of the cheap Australian Dollar (at the time).

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
GM almost went there about 15 years ago. They had the Commodore based Ute, which in 6.0 V8 trim converted to $17k because of the cheap Australian Dollar (at the time).
And I would have owned it

LS2 El Camino? Yes please

I really liked the 04-06 GTO which was the Commodore
Sponsored