Sponsored

Question about Fishbone and Daystar spacer kits

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
So I'm thinking about adding a spacer kit to the front of my Gladiator after the Rubicon/max tow spring upgrade kept the same amount of rake.

I looked at the Teraflex kit and install is pretty straight forward. It fits in with the factory spring isolator and the top of the spring housing using the rubber nubs and holes. Making sure the top is lined up where it needs to be.

Looking at the Fishbone and Daystar there is no nubs to line up into the top of the stock isolator and spring mount.

So with these two how do you make sure it's in the correct position??
Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
I have the fishbone and was wondering the same thing. Saw a video on someone adding a .75 spacer on a Mopar lift and he just cut the nubs off the factory isolator and put the spacer on top. Haven't installed mine yet but assuming if you set the bottom of spring in bottom isolator all is good.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I have the fishbone and was wondering the same thing. Saw a video on someone adding a .75 spacer on a Mopar lift and he just cut the nubs off the factory isolator and put the spacer on top. Haven't installed mine yet but assuming if you set the bottom of spring in bottom isolator all is good.
I have a 3/4 day star spacer, it should go between the coil and isolator.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
The Fishbone .75 instructions says to place spacer over the isolator.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
The Fishbone .75 instructions says to place spacer over the isolator.
Yup and the Daystar looks identical to the Fishbone. Can't see it installing any different.

Sponsored

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
There’s some dispute on order on JL forums.
JL forum

I’d go with instructions then or give them a call. I have mine with Daystar in between. It didn’t appear the Daystar was made to fit against coil tower and has groove that fits perfect on the coil. It’s been fine as DD and lots of wheeling. More important for correct alignment on bottom of coil.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have the 1.5” Daystar spacer on my JT, it has the locating nubs and replaces the factory isolator so it is just one piece above the spring. I chose the Daystar as I prefer a single piece between the spring and upper perch as opposed to multiple pieces other brands use which retain the factory isolator. I have had them on for 10k miles and no issues, I also put on the Daystar correction pads on the lower mount to prevent spring bowing which seems to be common with lifts.
Sponsored