First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
1. See the picture below [credit to @raypla]. I absolutely will not accept a vehicle with a dealer plate/sticker/etc on my purchase like Gupton has done.

They want to put a license frame with the dealer name on it then I'm all for it. But something permanent----no friggin way.

So have any of you told the dealership [Travis, Daniel, ?] up front that you don't want something permanent on the truck from the dealership? How did they respond? Or did you have them take it off when you saw it? Really interested in knowing. Thought I would just write and ask but from what I've been reading they don't answer email questions as they're too busy dealing with real orders.

2. As a retired guy with nowhere to be I don't care how far I have to travel to work with a dealership that isn't going to try any of the usual crap and sells the vehicle for a good price. I'll definitely turn it in to a sightseeing trip. My intent is to hang around and go through the break in period before heading home. Did any of you do that? Do you have recommendations on lodging and things to do?

3. Did any of you have the Gladiator professionally coated with ceramic before heading home? Who did you use and how did it work out?

Thanks very much in advance for answers or comments.
Jeep Gladiator Questions for those who have purchased from Tri-City, Gupton, Spirit Lake 1628398264526
Sponsored

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
1. See the picture below [credit to @raypla]. I absolutely will not accept a vehicle with a dealer plate/sticker/etc on my purchase like Gupton has done.

They want to put a license frame with the dealer name on it then I'm all for it. But something permanent----no friggin way.

So have any of you told the dealership [Travis, Daniel, ?] up front that you don't want something permanent on the truck from the dealership? How did they respond? Or did you have them take it off when you saw it? Really interested in knowing. Thought I would just write and ask but from what I've been reading they don't answer email questions as they're too busy dealing with real orders.

2. As a retired guy with nowhere to be I don't care how far I have to travel to work with a dealership that isn't going to try any of the usual crap and sells the vehicle for a good price. I'll definitely turn it in to a sightseeing trip. My intent is to hang around and go through the break in period before heading home. Did any of you do that? Do you have recommendations on lodging and things to do?

3. Did any of you have the Gladiator professionally coated with ceramic before heading home? Who did you use and how did it work out?

Jeep Gladiator Questions for those who have purchased from Tri-City, Gupton, Spirit Lake 1628398264526
1. I asked Daniel to not put the dealer decal on my Jeep upon delivery. He was totally okay with it and didn't have any issue. You just need to tell him up front and ask.
2. I drove down to Chattanooga and hit Rock City on the way home but you could also head east and go through Smoky Mountain National Park. Chattanooga's only 1 1/2 hours south of Nashville, but about 3 1/2 hours east to get on the other side of Knoxville to get to the Smokies. If you have the time it is definitely worth it. Love Rock City though.
3. N/A

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I always tell the dealer to remove any of their decals. They get that all the time and I’ve never had an issue. One salesman asked me if I was sure I wanted that removed. I said unless you want to knock off another $500 for marketing. That decal was gone in flash.

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed
Received my Gladiator from Travis at Tri-City in March. Never had to ask for anything to be removed as there was no dealer paraphernalia on it to begin with.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Mine came with a decal. Used fishing string and a hair dryer, came right off.

Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I asked Daniel not to put one on mine but it came with the decal shown above anyways. It was easy to peel off and the residue came right off with some Goof Off. A minor annoyance, but overall, no big deal. No holes drilled and I consider it an oversight on their part that I'm willing to accept given the massive discount. They got, like, 75 gladiator orders in all on the same day and I'm sure they followed the same prep process for all of them which includes slapping a sticker on them.

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Received my Gladiator from Travis at Tri-City in March. Never had to ask for anything to be removed as there was no dealer paraphernalia on it to begin with.
Same experience with Travis at Tri-City. Best dealership experience I have EVER had - and I have been around a while.

BBALL999

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Occupation
Retired

It's just a sticker....just remove it

OP
OP
KX L

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Alan. Many look like they are fastened on like they used to do by actually having posts that go thru the metal---but you're probably right that today they just have a 3m coating on the back.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
2. As a retired guy with nowhere to be I don't care how far I have to travel to work with a dealership that isn't going to try any of the usual crap and sells the vehicle for a good price.
I can vouch for @spenchey in Spirit Lake based on my purchase of a 2018 JL from him. It didn't occur to me request no dealer sticker, but it's just a sticker. Their price was 5% under invoice with an affiliate code and their doc fee was $75. No pressure to purchase any additional add ons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KX L

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to everyone for the replies. It's great to know it's just a sticker and that Tri-City doesn't put one on anyway. Very simple fix regardless---not sure why I was so sure it would have posts behind it :blush:.

WilliamD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Student

I ordered from Daniel and after I had signed the paperwork, I asked him to take off the sticker and he did it no questions asked.
My dad and I drove around Nashville and looked around Vanderbilt before heading home.
I got a ceramic coating done by a local place and it’s fantastic.

SeanKenmore

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Biotech
Before taking delivery from Gupton, I requested to take off the sticker from my Truck and they just removed it without any fuss!
Sponsored