Sponsored

Questions re Tazer Mini.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for a quick and dirty spreadsheet or list.

Kind of like this but with another column for JSCAN

tazer-JL-vs-JL-Lite1108-1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bump for attention

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Jscan is passive, it turns off and on options that already exist in the computer. It is disconnected after the changes are made. In that regard, they are essentially the same, with Jscan possibly having access to more options to change. The Tazer, if left connected, is an active device that adds features that are not part of the truck computers programming.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jscan is passive, it turns off and on options that already exist in the computer. It is disconnected after the changes are made. In that regard, they are essentially the same, with Jscan possibly having access to more options to change. The Tazer, if left connected, is an active device that adds features that are not part of the truck computers programming.
Yes, I'm really looking for a comparison with the understanding that we are not talking about functions that require the Tazer to remain plugged in.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Yes, I'm really looking for a comparison with the understanding that we are not talking about functions that require the Tazer to remain plugged in.
As long as we're only talking about functions that do not require the Tazer to remain plugged in, Jscan is probably more complete, though less intuitive. And off the top of my head, I can't think of a setting most people would want to change that isn't covered by the Tazer. And you specifically excluded Tazer's live (plugged in) features, but those are things that are impossible to get with Jscan, and why people buy the Tazer. If ALL you want to do is change tire size or keep the fogs on with the highbeams, by all means save a few bucks and get Jscan and everything needed to make it work. But if you want anything off the list below, get the Tazer.
Jeep Gladiator Questions re Tazer Mini. 1640567051844

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lemme just add this:
One of the Tazer features I never knew I needed and now wouldn't want to do without is the ability to turn on the bed/reverse lights from the fob. I use that ALL the time. IDK why that doesn't get more mention, because it's really useful, especially this time of year when it gets dark out at 4pm and stays that way until after 7am.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lemme just add this:
One of the Tazer features I never knew I needed and now wouldn't want to do without is the ability to turn on the bed/reverse lights from the fob. I use that ALL the time. IDK why that doesn't get more mention, because it's really useful, especially this time of year when it gets dark out at 4pm and stays that way until after 7am.
Is that a live feature?

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking through this list of live features I'm now realizeing that i want the most expensive option. Ha.

Oh well Jeep . Just Empty Every Pocket.

I've got one question re "Activate Offroad pages" after upgrading to 8.4 radio.

I have read that your jeep regularly phones home to see if you have the "rights" to use offroad pages.

If this enables ORP without the need to confirm if you have the rights to it, this would be useful to me since I plan to disconnect or cover the antenna to disable telematics.

Does this function enable ORP without confirming whether or not you have the "rights" to that page?

Thanks,

Don

Jeep Gladiator Questions re Tazer Mini. TAZER_JL_LITE_VS_TAZER_JL_MINI_COMPARISON_LIST_JPEG_REVISED_HONEYCOMP

Last edited:
OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, are there any discounts through this forum?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North ridge 4x4 has 10% off with coupon code COMEBACK

**edit just changed it to "jeepgladiatorforum" so they know the order came from someone here.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Random question, is it possible to map Winch Mode to an aux button? Like, Aux 1 enables a high-current relay under the hood to power up the winch, and also engages the high idle winch mode?

How do you turn on Winch Mode normally?

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Random question, is it possible to map Winch Mode to an aux button? Like, Aux 1 enables a high-current relay under the hood to power up the winch, and also engages the high idle winch mode?

How do you turn on Winch Mode normally?
No, I do not believe you can map it to the aux switch. Normally, you activate it via the tazer cluster menu, or you map it to one of your cruise control buttons, so that when cruise control is off (like when using your winch), one of those buttons works to increase the idle rpm.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking through this list of live features I'm now realizeing that i want the most expensive option. Ha.

Oh well Jeep . Just Empty Every Pocket.

I've got one question re "Activate Offroad pages" after upgrading to 8.4 radio.

I have read that your jeep regularly phones home to see if you have the "rights" to use offroad pages.

If this enables ORP without the need to confirm if you have the rights to it, this would be useful to me since I plan to disconnect or cover the antenna to disable telematics.

Does this function enable ORP without confirming whether or not you have the "rights" to that page?

Thanks,

Don
I thought the 2022 Mojave came with the 8.4 radio standard??? And I thought all the 8.4 radios in the JL/JT came with the ORP? So what are you upgrading?

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the 2022 Mojave came with the 8.4 radio standard??? And I thought all the 8.4 radios in the JL/JT came with the ORP? So what are you upgrading?
Yes it comes standard. I don't know if all the 8.4s come with ORP.

What I know is that in another thread where I asked about the impact of making it so the telematics didn't function someone told me that ORP wouldn't work because it periodically (not every time you go it) checks to see if you have the "license" to ORP.

I don't know if this is correct. But I realize that I incorrectly implied that it was with my question.
I don't know.

So if this person was correct and I lose ORP after I disable any kind of telematics, my question is if you could re-enable it with Tazer.
Sponsored