Back up lights / Tazer mini?

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Hey guys, I just created a thread for this, and am having the same issues! I am subbed to see if there is a fix!
Sponsored

Canesjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Jeep Gladiator
Anyone else having an issue with one or both back up lights flashing / staying on after unlocking the jeep since this last tazer mini update? It’s mostly the left side 9 out of 10 times but it will stay on regardless if I’m driving or not. The only way to get them to turn off is to lock the truck with the fob. It’s inconsistent but it’s happened dozens of times people are flagging me down telling me I have a light out because ones lit and one isn’t.
Next time it happens I’ll get a pic.
Z-Automotive told me this to fix the issue:

Start by Unmarrying and doing a Full Reboot and two sleep cycles as described on page 6: https://www.zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/TazerJLMiniUserGuide1128.pdf

Redo your settings from the top and make sure to follow those steps every time you change Vehicle Settings (anything not in the Live Menu).

Let me know if it clears up from there. Anyone who had that problem fixed it by doing the steps above

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I just created a thread for this, and am having the same issues! I am subbed to see if there is a fix!
did you ever find a fix for this. Realized I’m having the same issue. Got the tazer about 3 weeks ago but I don’t drive my JT a lot so I could have been having it since. But got flagged down on it today. Only the left side reverse light on. In reverse both come on. And oddly enough the lights at the license plate don’t come on in reverse.

top pic is in drive . Bottom is in reverse.

2210B884-B3FD-4394-93DF-1914105A3BAD.jpeg

9BA4C7FD-32CD-42DB-AC7B-FB846378BD3A.jpeg

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
did you ever find a fix for this. Realized I’m having the same issue. Got the tazer about 3 weeks ago but I don’t drive my JT a lot so I could have been having it since. But got flagged down on it today. Only the left side reverse light on. In reverse both come on. And oddly enough the lights at the license plate don’t come on in reverse.

top pic is in drive . Bottom is in reverse.

Jeep Gladiator Back up lights / Tazer mini? 9BA4C7FD-32CD-42DB-AC7B-FB846378BD3A

Jeep Gladiator Back up lights / Tazer mini? 9BA4C7FD-32CD-42DB-AC7B-FB846378BD3A
I have not found a fix yet, but life has been hectic lately though. Let me know if you fix yours! mine is doing what yours is!

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I have not found a fix yet, but life has been hectic lately though. Let me know if you fix yours! mine is doing what yours is!
Software was already up to date but checked for that anyways. Doing a full reboot currently after unmarrying it and 2 full sleep cycles. We will see. I’ll let you know.

For these things to be so helpful and expensive they sure create more problems than needed.

Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
So far the one reverse light on in any gear issue looks to have been rectified. Don’t have another person available to confirm if both come on in reverse. I assume it’s good though.

However I’m wondering if the lights next to the license plate are supposed to come on in reverse. I’ve only have my JT for a few months so I can’t remember if they are supposed to be on in reverse or if they’re supposed to be off. I think they’re supposed to be on in reverse because I’ve seen people on here complaint about how they shine in the back up camera. Plus I think I may remember seeing mine on before backing up when looking in the back up camera. Maybe you can confirm. In any case, those lights are off in reverse. But the random reverse light in the tail seems to be fixed (as of now).

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
So far the one reverse light on in any gear issue looks to have been rectified. Don’t have another person available to confirm if both come on in reverse. I assume it’s good though.

However I’m wondering if the lights next to the license plate are supposed to come on in reverse. I’ve only have my JT for a few months so I can’t remember if they are supposed to be on in reverse or if they’re supposed to be off. I think they’re supposed to be on in reverse because I’ve seen people on here complaint about how they shine in the back up camera. Plus I think I may remember seeing mine on before backing up when looking in the back up camera. Maybe you can confirm. In any case, those lights are off in reverse. But the random reverse light in the tail seems to be fixed (as of now).
The tazer turns them off when in reverse to reduce glare… I believe if you go to their site and read manual it mentions that.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
The tazer turns them off when in reverse to reduce glare… I believe if you go to their site and read manual it mentions that.
Ok that makes sense. I didn’t know it did that automatically though. I was racking my brain trying to think if I had really changed that setting considering I didn’t even get into the lighting section at all. So if I had I would have been inadvertently.

So you’re saying it does it automatically? If so that’s fine I Just didn’t see it in the Manual although I could have over looked that.

UPDATE: found this in their website:

“-Automatically blanks license plate lights when in Reverse on Gladiators, to remove glare on the backup camera at night.”

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
My buddy is having an issue where every 10 mins or so at night the truck does a random light show and then the high beams come on for about 5 seconds before dropping back on low beams. I told him he needs to put the older software back in. Only reason he updated was to get the fan cooldown feature.

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
My buddy is having an issue where every 10 mins or so at night the truck does a random light show and then the high beams come on for about 5 seconds before dropping back on low beams. I told him he needs to put the older software back in. Only reason he updated was to get the fan cooldown feature.
I thought I was having the lightshow coming on randomly but I had mistakenly remapped one of my cruise buttons “hot keys” to the lightshow… dbl check that is not the issue with your buddy.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I thought I was having the lightshow coming on randomly but I had mistakenly remapped one of my cruise buttons “hot keys” to the lightshow… dbl check that is not the issue with your buddy.
This ended up being the issue! Cruise Set + and Res buttons are hot keys. We haven't figured how to fix it yet, but know what it is now!

Jayson1578

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Same thing happening with me. Reverse lights staying on while driving. Sometimes one stays on sometimes both? Anyone figure out how to resolve it or turn off the feature?

notoriousms33

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 21 mojave
How do you program “a hot key” in the tazer for jt.

I hate having to dig into Audio and find light show when I want it on the fly lol

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD

I hate having to dig into Audio and find light show when I want it on the fly lol
Grab the manual and check it out, I don’t recall offhand for sure all the steps but you’ll need to go into the settings on the tazer and set them up. Once you see it the manual it’s fairly straight forward

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

Be careful making light show a hot key. I recently stopped for gas and got back on the highway and, like a dope, forgot the cruise turns off with a power cycle of the truck. Hit ”set“ and light show going on the interstate. I always have my DIC set to audio, as I like to see what I am listening to there and have Carplay in the center stack showing me maps so that situation I just mentioned might not apply to some/most people. Or you could just tick off the “light show in motion” setting. I should probably just do that…
Sponsored