Sponsored

Re-engineering the brick (keyfob)

MOREACE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Looking forward to ordering my Model S soon if it's still on track for this month.
Hope THREEDOM is doing well and this is proving a profitable venture.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd

loving mine, ooh i like that blue one and the camo one

easily half the size and weight of original fob

likely not waterproof and probably won't be able to stop an attacker but i'm ok with that

i am fully entertained ;)

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
This thing is awesome. Still not sure how I’m going to carry the physical key, but as pictured is so much better than the brick in my pocket. Also, there is fantastic customer service with these. Had a small issue with the order, and they went way above and beyond to make it right.
32777BFF-57F4-4573-BFCD-BB520A1554CE.jpeg
You know those lanyards you get a football games with passes on them, or concerts? Many of them have a small spring steel clip. Those little spring steel type clips are the most compact and reliable i've found. The problem with them is they are hard to find when you want one, and they make many sizes. Hope you can visualize the little silver boogers i'm talking about, but the tiny end has the key ring and you just snap the oval looped end onto the fob and it's max efficient for compact, lightweight, simple and effective.

i grabbed a link for ya...these are the little boogers i mean, they are the bomb
https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Spring-Lanyards-Straps-Silver/dp/B0049DO6FE

Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) 1618579082366

i would advise against small carabiners as none have remained reliable for me in the past, these spring steel clips are bombproof and will not fail

currently i have a larger one as the loop on the AJT fob demanded it, but now i get to go down to a smaller one as the loop on the new fob is small and round not a flat bar like the AJT fob

also, it doesn't take much to get them set and adjusted perfectly, a pair of needle nose pliers can pinch the neck off if the gap is too large and key ring is coming out of the small end, then you can pre-tension the opening part as needed but also the one in the picture the loop/hook end isn't flush to the opening arm which to me is a snag point, a quick compress with the needle nose pliers makes those two overlapping pieces perfectly flush, anyway...i think i've displayed enough of my weirdness for one day, all the best

Last edited:

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING YOUR THREEDOM FOB! Make sure you order the fob that correctly aligns with your OEM brick fob button alignment.

IMPORTANT EDIT at the end of this post!

I recently received my mini key fob to replace the "brick" fob that came with my 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave. I have followed this thread on the Jeep Gladiator forum from the beginning, so I was excited to receive it.

I assembled the fob using the directions on Threedom's YouTube videos, and it went together quite well. Even got the RFID chip out fairly easily.

After assembling the new Threedom fob, it does not work unlocking the doors of my Gladiator. It DOES lock the doors. It DOES start the ignition. I does NOT unlock the doors.

After puzzling over it for a few minutes, I realized that the "lock" and "unlock" buttons on my original, OEM fob that came with the Gladiator are positioned next to each other horizontally. But the "lock" and "unlock" buttons on my new Threedom fob are positioned above/below each other vertically on the fob.

It seems obvious that the Threedom fob buttons do not align with the OEM fob buttons with regard to placement/location on the fob.

I must have bought the wrong fob. Is there a way to make it work? Threedom does not have a phone number on their website, so I replied to the email they send me confirming my original order. I am hopeful they will reply in a timely manner and provide a solution. I really appreciate their developing this product for the Gladiator community.

IMPORTANT EDIT! Carl from Threedom responded within 30 minutes of this post and my email and is fixing MY mistake extremely quickly!

This man, his company, and his kind of customer response is extraordinary! We are so fortunate to have fellow Jeep enthusiasts that are so creative and entrepreneurial. I encourage everyone to consider buying their product because it is cool, customizable like our Jeeps themselves, and supports a great company!

Last edited:

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
When purchasing, you have the options of no button, 3 button or 4 button.

Sounds like you bought a 3 button instead of 4??

I do not think the 3 button will work correctly with a OEM 4 button setup. But, maybe they can just sell you a new face plate with 4 buttons. I would think the basic housing is the same between models.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
When purchasing, you have the options of no button, 3 button or 4 button.

Sounds like you bought a 3 button instead of 4??

I do not think the 3 button will work correctly with a OEM 4 button setup. But, maybe they can just sell you a new face plate with 4 buttons. I would think the basic housing is the same between models.
Yep, sounds like I bought the wrong model. For some reason, I just assumed (clearly, incorrectly) that all Glad key fobs were basically the same. I am sure the guys at Threedom will respond and we can straighten it out. I just want to encourage other forum members to be aware of the model distinctions when ordering so they don't screw up like I did!

IMPORTANT EDIT! Carl from Threedom responded within 30 minutes of this post and my email and is fixing MY mistake extremely quickly!

This man, his company, and his kind of customer response is extraordinary! We are so fortunate to have fellow Jeep enthusiasts that are so creative and entrepreneurial. I encourage everyone to consider buying their product because it is cool, customizable like our Jeeps themselves, and supports a great company!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Yep, sounds like I bought the wrong model. For some reason, I just assumed (clearly, incorrectly) that all Glad key fobs were basically the same. I am sure the guys at Threedom will respond and we can straighten it out. I just want to encourage other forum members to be aware of the model distinctions when ordering so they don't screw up like I did!

Thanks for your kind words! Priority package coming your way! I am crossing my fingers it will arrive Monday, if not it will be there Tuesday for sure!

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Looking forward to ordering my Model S soon if it's still on track for this month.
Hope THREEDOM is doing well and this is proving a profitable venture.
The S is coming along. It may not look like much has changed but the devil is in the details. We will be optimizing the geometry to improve the look but we're not far away.

Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) Model S-2

Last edited:

Xwelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tow Max
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
You know those lanyards you get a football games with passes on them, or concerts? Many of them have a small spring steel clip. Those little spring steel type clips are the most compact and reliable i've found. The problem with them is they are hard to find when you want one, and they make many sizes. Hope you can visualize the little silver boogers i'm talking about, but the tiny end has the key ring and you just snap the oval looped end onto the fob and it's max efficient for compact, lightweight, simple and effective.

i grabbed a link for ya...these are the little boogers i mean, they are the bomb
https://www.amazon.com/Steel-Spring-Lanyards-Straps-Silver/dp/B0049DO6FE

Jeep Gladiator Re-engineering the brick (keyfob) Model S-2

i would advise against small carabiners as none have remained reliable for me in the past, these spring steel clips are bombproof and will not fail

currently i have a larger one as the loop on the AJT fob demanded it, but now i get to go down to a smaller one as the loop on the new fob is small and round not a flat bar like the AJT fob

also, it doesn't take much to get them set and adjusted perfectly, a pair of needle nose pliers can pinch the neck off if the gap is too large and key ring is coming out of the small end, then you can pre-tension the opening part as needed but also the one in the picture the loop/hook end isn't flush to the opening arm which to me is a snag point, a quick compress with the needle nose pliers makes those two overlapping pieces perfectly flush, anyway...i think i've displayed enough of my weirdness for one day, all the best
Haha at the last statement. I do appreciate the tip. I have several of those lanyards laying around from trade shows I got to. Just gotta figure out which junk drawer they’re in now...

Sponsored

TNGatorBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1985 CJ8 Scrambler and 2014 Grand Cherokee WK2 (For Sale)
Occupation
Executive Director
I have an AJT now but will be replacing it whenever your Model S gets released... Plus, I really want to buy one of your add on "key holders".

In fact, you could probably sell those separately for people who have a competitor's model but still want to carry a separate key.

Anyway, thank you for investing your own $$ into this product... It is awesome.

Great job!

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
agree with that, i've had the AJT for about a year also, i've had a few panic attacks grabbing at my pockets thinking i've lost my keys since this DI Labs tiny fob, it's been stated before just how lightweight it is, you don't even feel the keys in a lightweight zip hoodie side pocket, the size is easily half of the original fob but the weight feels like it's even less than half of the original weight

MOREACE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I am in for 2 with future releases:
-Model S to maintain stock look
-Mini for quick grab when don't need keys... but wanted colored buttons (I am needy)

With this great option, not need for any poorly designed stock key fob anymore

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
^ I don't see any new options on the webpage yet.....
Sponsored