Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I may be in the minority here, but I'm not usually a fan of the hood decals for anything other than something that came from the factory (Rubicon, Willys, etc.). I know a lot of guys like them, and I'm fine with that. I don't judge their Jeeps. Just not for me. If I were to do any kind of graphics on my Jeep, I'd probably choose somewhere similar to the photo @mojocho shared. I also think that's a cool graphic, whether it's historically accurate or not, and 99.999999% of people would never know or notice the difference between a Spartan battle helmet and a Roman gladiator helmet. I know I wouldn't unless it was explicitly pointed out to me, and I'm a history nerd.
Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yes I know, it is a 10 minute “mockup” real deal would have a high contrast look, perhaps symmetrical as well. But I know most of the public doesn’t know squat about gladiators. just like everything else these days! the spartan looks cool, I admit, it is just so.... incorrect!
I’m with ya. I wouldn’t put a spartan Helmet on something designated a gladiator. Like someone else mentioned, I’d be ok with the helmet Russell Crowe wore. While it may not be historically correct, it would be well known by most.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
the spartan looks cool, I admit, it is just so.... incorrect!
Bugs me too. Sometimes I think people confuse Spartacus and Sparta, of which he was not from there. So then I think, judge, whatever you want to call it, that the person was too lazy to research all that, or just assumed they knew something they didn't.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Bugs me too. Sometimes I think people confuse Spartacus and Sparta, of which he was not from there. So then I think, judge, whatever you want to call it, that the person was too lazy to research all that, or just assumed they knew something they didn't.
“What’s your name?”
“Spartacus”
“Oh, your from Sparta!”
“No, Thrace”
“...............Makes sense.......”

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
“What’s your name?”
“Spartacus”
“Oh, your from Sparta!”
“No, Thrace”
“...............Makes sense.......”
Kinda like your name is Schmidt, you must be from Germany, no I am from Oregon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
It's a good I paid for both my Jeep and my decals. And I enjoy it.

20200101_122020.jpg
Now that I ctully like. Combine military look with Gladiator, Russel crow style but still looks good, where did you get it?

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I ctully like. Combine military look with Gladiator, Russel crow style but still looks good, where did you get it?
I had pixeldecals custom make it for me. Reach out to them. He's great to work with. Feel free to send them this pic. Maybe he has that template. You can PM me and I'll give my details so he can look it up if he needs that.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I can appreciate your thoughts, but the suggested emblem is really indistinct — I don’t think many people would even recognize it. And I doubt the Jeep marketing folks who developed the logo had “historically accurate” as acceptance criteria. ;)

To be successful, I would think a logo should be easily recognizable by the target audience (RAM truck’s ram head or Mustang’s horse silhouette ) or so simple that it is seen as just an abstract graphic element (Toyota’s ‘sombrero’ or Nissan’s ‘hamburger’).
Not to go off topic or anything, but there is one emblem that I do recognize. Your avatar! Check out the sticker pics from my JT!

20200512 Stargate & Star Trek Stickers - columbia, SC (2).jpg

20200512 Stargate & Star Trek Stickers - columbia, SC (1).jpg

20200512 Stargate & Star Trek Stickers - columbia, SC (3).jpg

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
I think the helmets are chintzy and lame. Not as bad as stickers of people’s social media accounts though. No clue why that trend started. Nobody cares about your half assed channel

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
If I was to do a sticker..... one of these...
Jeep Gladiator Real Gladiator Style Logo, not Greek Spartan CAA5B14B-093E-4C19-B8B3-F912AD3A39A8

or

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep Gladiator Real Gladiator Style Logo, not Greek Spartan F5263D63-3045-4E55-BB4C-9B6C9F3B68BA

or

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep Gladiator Real Gladiator Style Logo, not Greek Spartan 20D790F1-9BCA-4A0B-BA39-E17F992B0138

no shoes nation I had made into a vinyl sticker, the white could ge any color, size was good from two feet down to three inches. Was quite complex to set up for a cutter

OP
OP
Diaster

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I think the helmets are chintzy and lame. Not as bad as stickers of people’s social media accounts though. No clue why that trend started. Nobody cares about your half assed channel
People are doing that? Gavrnt seen it, although my STFU logo has been inserted into my media account, for my little planet photos, not the other way around.

Jeep Gladiator Real Gladiator Style Logo, not Greek Spartan 3C872CE5-5E70-45BC-9A1B-2C014B5F28BB

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT shopping
Occupation
Technology
Not to go off topic or anything, but there is one emblem that I do recognize. Your avatar! Check out the sticker pics from my JT!

Jeep Gladiator Real Gladiator Style Logo, not Greek Spartan 3C872CE5-5E70-45BC-9A1B-2C014B5F28BB
Hey! You stole my "earth" logo that I stole from Stargate!!! :LOL:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase

Saw these pictures & was like "huh.. someones an even bigger stargate nerd then I am"
Sponsored