Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I looked into the one from Mopar that is linked to my Vin but it is like $ 60 - $ 75 per quart.
DO NOT, I REPEAT - DO NOT buy this oil! Apparently, there is a mix up in the computer systems for Mopar parts ordering that lists some of our VINs needing this expensive Mopar synthetic ZF-ELSD gear oil. This gear oil got put in my Gladiator recently due to this incorrect information and it made a horrible grinding noise every time I turned left or right. It is not even close to being the correct gear oil for our trucks. I had it replaced with Mopar synthetic 75w85 and the friction modifier and the grinding noise went away immediately.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
DO NOT, I REPEAT - DO NOT buy this oil! Apparently, there is a mix up in the computer systems for Mopar parts ordering that lists some of our VINs needing this expensive Mopar synthetic ZF-ELSD gear oil. This gear oil got put in my Gladiator recently due to this incorrect information and it made a horrible grinding noise every time I turned left or right. It is not even close to being the correct gear oil for our trucks. I had it replaced with Mopar synthetic 75w85 and the friction modifier and the grinding noise went away immediately.
Do you happen to have a lsd in your rear axle?

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Weekend

Mr Weekend

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR SPORT
Occupation
Health care worker
Thanks for all the info on differential servicing. I have been researching more options for my upcoming servicing. I will probably use REDLINE or ROYAL PURPLE, both are GL-5 they both seem to be great options and they both have friction modifiers in them. My Gladiator Sport has the Command Trac / open differential.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Thanks for all the info on differential servicing. I have been researching more options for my upcoming servicing. I will probably use REDLINE or ROYAL PURPLE, both are GL-5 they both seem to be great options and they both have friction modifiers in them. My Gladiator Sport has the Command Trac / open differential.
Bob is the oil guy is a great website to look up/check out fluid analysis- redline is good stuff, haven’t seen a bad report on any of their fluid- usually just below amsoil and saves a few bucks.
Sponsored