First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
A piece of nylon webbing & then attach with some short flange head screws. I am not positive, but I would bet that the bottom is just plywood under the carpet and since its out of site nobody would be able to see them.

May also be able to use velcrow, or attach to some other point on the base & use some a longer strap. Hell could be real simple & use an appropriately length dog leash & then have a backup if your out with your pupper & forgot the normal leash.
Velcro is a great idea, it should stick right to the bottom of the seat. Give it a twist so the soft part goes around the back of the seat, and you can just store it stuck to the bottom or backs of the seat.

Here check it out!

760948A2-4ADB-4850-BC35-B0477F03CB12.jpeg

9933C452-4BB3-49E7-A152-DCBB4EAA72CF.jpeg
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
The twisted strap is killing me. I'm not OCD but I hate twisted ratchet straps if I can avoid it
You better never drive anywhere with your straps NOT twisted if they are in the wind. Always have a twist, or it will beat what ever you have strapped down to death.

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
I don’t know what the design intent was or if others have had this problem but I can’t be the only person who intends to put his dog on the floor or flip the seat up to carry cargo occasionally. Let’s say I bought a small table and wanted to bring it home in the back seat instead of in the bed Due to weather etc. I flip up the seat, start driving and for some reason the seat slams down and damages the table. I can get a strap easy enough but if my seat is functioning as intended I would say it absolutely is a design flaw. A notch of some kind in the hardware that allows the seat to be raised would be all that is needed. comments welcome if anyone has a solution or has made an adjustment to fix this
Try this. I run a bungee between the center head rest and the jack mount point. Works for me.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Zacfrac got it!!! Simple out of the way when not needed , easy to use with only one hand, and color matched also! Zacfrac gets the award for most creative thinker today thank you! ...Jack

OP
OP

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I like the Velcro too. Thanks guys

Sponsored

freshh20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland 2020
Occupation
Retired
If it is not designed to stay up Then there should not be a catch. Up and down only no catch. Should the Lowered back rest pop back into position when you move the jeep forward?

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We took a trip a couple of weeks ago and I had the larger portion of the rear seat flipped up with my dog in his dog bed on the floor. on the car ride home on the highway the seat “ fell” down from the upright position and scared the dog but he was unhurt and we learned he fits under the seat as long as he is laying down ;). I did have a few things tucked in between the seat when it was upright and I attributed the “ fall” to that. Fast forward to yesterday- the seat is up with nothing tucked in, I’m not on the highway but I apply the brakes a bit harder than normal due to Someone in front of me doing the same. I hear a loud bang and ultimately determine the seat had slammed down into the seated position. Is this common ? I had my Tundra for 7 years and never once had the seat move. Is there a way to tighten something? Any advice is appreciated.
thank you
I do the same thing and never had a problem with the seat falling. When I first started doing this I would use the shoulderbelt to keep from falling but realized I didn't need to

OP
OP

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I do the same thing and never had a problem with the seat falling. When I first started doing this I would use the shoulderbelt to keep from falling but realized I didn't need to
My 200 mile trip to my vacation, no issue, half of the ride back, no issue. This week, no issue, but no dog, just left it up but I haven’t had to stop quickly. I’ll probably get a piece of Velcro for piece of mind when the dog is back there.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If it is not designed to stay up Then there should not be a catch. Up and down only no catch. Should the Lowered back rest pop back into position when you move the jeep forward?
Not at all the same thing!

The back stays down while accessing STORAGE behind the seat.

For the seat BOTTOM, there is a DETENT, not a catch, a detent, to hold the bottom of the seat up while you access STORAGE area below the seat bottom.

It's not designed to STAY up, it's designed only to stay up while you access storage.
This isn't a unique design by any stretch.
If they wanted it to stay up while driving, that wouldn't be a storage area, it would be bare floor like my Chevy was.
So Jeep put a detent there, not a catch.
Under the Chevy rear seat that was CARGO, not storage. There was pretty much no place to put anything under the rear seat.
You can liken it to the detent for the doors. They are not meant to stay open while driving, so it's not a catch, it is a detent system, to keep the door from slamming on you while getting in and out.
The seat detent does the same - keeps the seat from slamming down on you while you get stuff our of storage.

If there was no detent, you would be bitchen that the seat kept falling down on you while you accessed the roof bolt storage under the seat. There's more proof it's storage and not cargo area - the walls of the storage area and the fact they have provisions to store the fasteners while you have roof and doors off.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
When I’m hauling anything delicate inside the cab I fold the back of the seat down - which creates a flat surface. Perfect for a dog bed. The storage area under my seats hold my tow and tie-down straps, etc.

Sponsored

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I put a heavy duty zip tie loosely around the roll bar above the seat belt. I then use an untwisted ;) ratchet strap to go around the seats. I also built a carpeted platform for the dog the ride on. It lift out and fits nicely.
I'm digging the Velcro idea. @Zacfrac do you have link for the stuff you used?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Any craft store, Amazon, even office supply places - becuase we used rolls of it to cover cables running over carpeted meeting rooms. We'd have network cables and electric cables (before wi-fi) all over the floor. We had rolls of velcro to cover the cables because the hook side stuck so well to carpet.
It comes in many widths and in rolls or lengths of your choosing. I think you could even get different colors as I've seen tan, black and white.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
Any craft store, Amazon, even office supply places - becuase we used rolls of it to cover cables running over carpeted meeting rooms. We'd have network cables and electric cables (before wi-fi) all over the floor. We had rolls of velcro to cover the cables because the hook side stuck so well to carpet.
It comes in many widths and in rolls or lengths of your choosing. I think you could even get different colors as I've seen tan, black and white.
Thanks found some of it here.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP